• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

New Subjects Advice

Reaction score
Hello evevrybody,
I hope that everyone is satisfied with his/her results (even if the new system helps alot) ;)
Now I really need a good,quick advice about some questions:
Is additional mathematics an o-level subject or an A-level OR an AS-level subject?
Should I take an AS-level subject then an A-level subject ? to make it easier for me to study A-level subject or I just can take that A-level subject straightaway?

at the end I amin my second year so I really need an advice for what to do in this year and what AS and A- LEVEVL SUBJECTS
IS THE NEW systen for results means that if got an A which means 8*% that we should resitt it or what?
and that an A* means the integration of the A*and A grades together?

thanks alot

:) :) :) DONOT FORGET TO ANSWER ME IMMEDIATELY PLEASE I WILL BE WAITING :D :D :D

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
'Additional Mathematics' is an O-level subject.
If you're planning on talking 'Mathematics' in A-levels, I'll strongly recommend to take
'Additional Mathematics' in O-levels.

AS-level is a midway to complete A-levels.
Confident enough! - You can bypass it and do complete A-levels directly.

A* is awarded over 90%.
Obviously it has higher respect than an A but an A is still an A!! - Stick to it if you got one.

For subject recommendation, please specify your O-level subjects and what you are aiming
for after A-levels.

Reaction score
thanxs v.much
but I would like to know if the edexcel better than cambridge in A-andAS- levels or not ?and whether I can take 8 o-level cambridge subjects then shit to as or a level edexcel subjects ?are edexcel resources fine or cambridge is better?
another question plz.....I took bio,chem,arabic,english,math,business
do u recommend for me to take physicsand what else to complete 8 subjects?(i have thought of accounting and add.math?what do u recommend for me ?

thanks again for your help Planetmaster I really appreciate it

Reaction score
I am sorry but u mean an A is good even after it became from 80-89%after it was 85-94%
I think that means that an A became a B and an A* BELOW 95% BECAME AN A ir what?is the curve is still existing

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Edexcel and CIE are both tough competitors!
Recommending one is a hell of a task.

AddMaths, Physics and accountings are all great subjects.
AddMaths and Physics have much; much higher priorities than accountings.
Choose what you are good at rather than what is good for you.