• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Newbie in A level

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I've just done with my IGCSE weeks ago.
And now i'm doing my A level.
Is there any advice or any tips on studying A level?
I mean, tomorrow is my first day of Chemistry A Level class.
What should i do now?
read notes??? note from where???
i dont even have books. those lecturers said they will seldom use books.
so, better just take down notes instead of buying books.

can anyone post up some notes for me?
i'm taking:

-Mathematics
-Biology
-Chemistry
-Thinking Skill

THANKS IN ADVANCE :D

Reaction score
JmCullen said:
Hello everyone.
I've just done with my IGCSE weeks ago.
And now i'm doing my A level.
Is there any advice or any tips on studying A level?
I mean, tomorrow is my first day of Chemistry A Level class.
What should i do now?
read notes??? note from where???
i dont even have books. those lecturers said they will seldom use books.
so, better just take down notes instead of buying books.

can anyone post up some notes for me?
i'm taking:

-Mathematics
-Biology
-Chemistry
-Thinking Skill

THANKS IN ADVANCE :D[/quote
i can provide u notes on thursday inshallah!
just relax ! it wont be difficult at all!
all u need to get is some nice text books!
i would suggest u to go for cambridge endrosed ones!

Reaction score
princesszahra said:
i can provide u notes on thursday inshallah!
just relax ! it wont be difficult at all!
all u need to get is some nice text books!
i would suggest u to go for cambridge endrosed ones!

THANKS!!!!!
so much!
but what can i prepare for tomorrow?
my chemistry class..
my lecturer provide me a note.
but it doesnt look like note.
it's like loads of questions..
and i have no idea... omg..
hahaha..
any suggestion to prepare for the class?

Reaction score
the questions are key to get gud grades according to me..!! 1st of all, make sure u know each and every content of that specific chapter...and then start solving..!!

Reaction score
JmCullen said:
THANKS!!!!!
so much!
my chemistry class..
hahaha..
First class for Chemistry? Obviously it's going to be Stoichiometry! So make sure your basics are strong, because it's a complete next level to cope with.

Reaction score
aquariangurl said:
JmCullen said:
THANKS!!!!!
so much!
my chemistry class..
hahaha..
First class for Chemistry? Obviously it's going to be Stoichiometry! So make sure your basics are strong, because it's a complete next level to cope with.

YOU'RE RIGHT!
my lecturer gave me the notes about it!
and atoms and molecules..
AMS..
but she hasn't started yet today. gah!
anyway.
i got my a small presentation about biology tomorrow.
the topic is "nucleus".
my lecturer said, just tell about anything i know about nucleus.
so, what exactly should i prepare for my talk tomorrow?
can you provide me some key points?

thanks in advance! :D

Reaction score
Everything you learnt about the nucleus in IGCSE's is just expanded upon in A-levels...
include anything you can find in your IGCSE notes on the nucleus. Here are some other ideas that you might want to consider:
The nucleus is the largest cell organelle. It is surrounded by two membranes known as the nuclear envelope. The outer membrane of the nuclear envelope is continuous with the endoplasmic reticulum. The nuclear envelope is conspicuously perforated by the nuclear pores. These allow for exchange between the nucleus and the cytoplasm, e.g. mRNA and ribosomes leave the nucleus and some hormones and nutrients enter the nucleus through the pores. Within the nucleus, the chromosomes are in a loosely coiled state known as chromatin. Chromosomes contain DNA which is organised into functional units called genes. Genes control the activities of the cell and inheritance, thus the nucleus controls the cells activities. Division of the nucleus (karyokinesis) precedes cell division. Also within the nucleus, the nucleolus manufactures ribosomes, using information in its own DNA (since the nucleolus is made up of loops of several chromosome).
This is straight from the section on the nucleus in a CIE A-level textbook-hope it helps.

Reaction score
Mithrandir said:
Everything you learnt about the nucleus in IGCSE's is just expanded upon in A-levels...
include anything you can find in your IGCSE notes on the nucleus. Here are some other ideas that you might want to consider:
The nucleus is the largest cell organelle. It is surrounded by two membranes known as the nuclear envelope. The outer membrane of the nuclear envelope is continuous with the endoplasmic reticulum. The nuclear envelope is conspicuously perforated by the nuclear pores. These allow for exchange between the nucleus and the cytoplasm, e.g. mRNA and ribosomes leave the nucleus and some hormones and nutrients enter the nucleus through the pores. Within the nucleus, the chromosomes are in a loosely coiled state known as chromatin. Chromosomes contain DNA which is organised into functional units called genes. Genes control the activities of the cell and inheritance, thus the nucleus controls the cells activities. Division of the nucleus (karyokinesis) precedes cell division. Also within the nucleus, the nucleolus manufactures ribosomes, using information in its own DNA (since the nucleolus is made up of loops of several chromosome).
This is straight from the section on the nucleus in a CIE A-level textbook-hope it helps.

Thanks!
it helped!!! :D
quite stress!!!
today is just the first day of A Level!!! :(

Reaction score
The best way to prepare for exam that you have to idea about is to do nothing and chill. You will fail anyway. :Yahoo!:
Kidding. The best way is to search youtube and watch topic related videos. Help alot!

Reaction score
destined007 said:
The best way to prepare for exam that you have to idea about is to do nothing and chill. You will fail anyway. :Yahoo!:
Kidding. The best way is to search youtube and watch topic related videos. Help alot!

hahaha.. yeaa.. sit back, chill and prepare to received a test result of U..
hahahhaa..

youtube?!!!
they got information about it?
i should search in youtube often thenn! :D
thanks for the information!