• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

no body helping me!plz o levels urdu A

Reaction score
plz those who take o levels urdu a, reply to my post with the subject"O LEVELS URDU A".UR HELP WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.

Reaction score
You should post the link of your other topic over here. Anyways, the book for Urdu A is the Urdu O'levels Nisab by Saleem Akhtar. It has all the Poetry and Prose part of the paper. You can get the novels separately that are included in the syllabus. There is also a guide available in the market which gives critical writings on the different topics under the syllabus, you may get that for your help, too. When I was in O'levels, my teacher's notes came in handy and I did pretty well at the end. It's more of a rote subject in the end.

Hope this helped. :)

Reaction score
thank to all for taking intrst...i just wanna ask tht hw we sholud prepare for differnet sections of the syllabus in order to get a good grade like for example for the section of poetry .....we shld understnd ghazals and nazams and similarly for rest part of the syllabus which include ifsanas , iqtaabas , novels ,biography of the poets etc.to sum up tell me the best method to prepare for each section of the syllabus....ur effrts will be appreciated!

Reaction score
i forgot to mention tht plz tell some tips to get a good grade.....

is quoting sheers while answring, a good technique?

is biography of poets necessary to do?

is there any loss of leaving all nazms or ghzals ?

my regards to all who will help..!!

Reaction score
Using "Shairs""in the answer to the poetry section is very important to get a good grade! you should learn all the shairs.and prove the points of your answer with it
Biographies of the writers or poets but we must know their style of writing for example Iqbal was a "Qaumi Shair" while some poets write about their "Mehboobs"and "gham e janan"
their is no loss of picking either ghazal or nazm and leaving the other as long as you have studied it thoroughly..but sometimes the questions about nazms are easy and ghazals are hard or vice versa so you can prepare both of them :)

Reaction score
Sharing my experience, I just did Nazms. And I did mainly the biographies of the Poets while preparing for the exam which included learning a few shers for each and every poet and shers from his respective nazms. So I took full advantage of selective study and prepared precisely according to the question I wanted to answer, and in the end I did pretty well. So you should also select what you are good at and only prepare for that, if you've done it properly then you won't have any problem dealing with any type of question.

Reaction score
1 plz tell me what we have to do with the afsanas given in the book ...is reading them enough and no notes making on them?

2 what abt notes making in this subject ?are thy beneficial?

3 ARE THE FOLLOWING THINGS ENOUGH TO GET A GOOD GRADE IF THY R WELL PRPRED?
both the novels(considering tht i will attempt the easy one)
only ghazals

4 IS THE CORRECT PATTERN OF DOING THE PAPER THAT IS WITH THE CHANGED SYLLABUS FROM 2009 ONWARDS IS THIS THT WE HAVE TO ATTEMPT ONE Q FROM SECTION 1 I.E IS OF POETRY N THE OTHR FRM SECTION 2 I.E IS OF PROSE AND IF WE HAVE ATTEMPTED A Q IN SEC 1 THT IS WITHOUT PARTS (A N B) AND THEN IT BCMES CUMPOLSARY TO ATTEMPT THE Q IN PROSE'S SECTION WHICH HAS TWO PARTS (A N B) ONE OF 10 N THE OTHR OF 15 MRKS
in all 1 q frm sec.1 n othr frm sec.2 (one without parts n the othr with parts cntaing 10 and 15 mrks)

THNKS FOR UR ATTENTION !!!

i appreciate ur hlp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Notes are important for afsanas. You should write the character sketches for each afsana, and do some crtical analysis on the afsana as a whole or the "tankeedi jaiza". Notes are really important for this subject, utmost beneficial.
Yes. It's enough. But I would advice you to do Nazms, they are easier to understand. Though, all ghazls have the same topic, so they can be prepared too.
Yes, absolutely correct. :)

Reaction score
wht sort of ntes be made on ghazals and poets themselves ?
so damn...100 % surely i may leave afsanas and either ghzals or nazums n do novels and ghzls/nzms?
is there any loss of leaving all the afsanas as am leaving nzms/ghzls and as well as afsanas(i mean it sounds a lot to leave)?
ok then for paper 1 plz tell me wht is the way any good teachr or u urslf made to solve the q .1 in paper 1 in which we have to compare two passages linked by a common theme?
am srry tht i write too long but unconsciouly it bcmes so.......
my rgrds for ur hlp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Reaction score
For the ghazals, you need comments on the shairi, tell how the poet has expressed his feeling and stuff, you can write all this in notes form. Apart from that you need a general biography of the poet, his style of writing and a brief note about his other writings apart from the ones included in the syllabus.
No, it isn't. I left both the novels and all the ghazls. So I had no choice in the end, but you still have a choice for prose section between the two novels.
You just need to summarise the two passages, while contrasting the content in them. Just mix them together, and interlink them. That's all. Sometime you'll have to give your own views too. If you look at the May/June 2010 paper it had a totally different questioning style, where you had to change your approach a bit.

Reaction score
what to rote learn about ghzals and biographies except some shairs of the ghazals included in the syllabus to qoute them while attempting the q?
do we have to make notes on novels?and if ...so what of notes we can make?
some pple say tht its a roting subject in the end...but i just understnd it ...wht to rote learn in it?
am using shazaia islams's book...is it good?
can u plz tell some book in which i can find help abt ghazals ......almost containing material similar to one asked in q's?
plz see may 2010 paper n tell hw i shuld answer ghazla q 0f a n b prts .....i think for both a nb parts exmples can be given by explaing events hidden in the ghzal given n quoting some from iqbal's ghazals in b part ?
hw much we shuld write in 10 and 15 mrk q n as well in 25 mrk(in rfrnce to bth nvls n ghzls rpl)..
thnks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
not.maria said:
Using "Shairs""in the answer to the poetry section is very important to get a good grade! you should learn all the shairs.and prove the points of your answer with it
Biographies of the writers or poets but we must know their style of writing for example Iqbal was a "Qaumi Shair" while some poets write about their "Mehboobs"and "gham e janan"
their is no loss of picking either ghazal or nazm and leaving the other as long as you have studied it thoroughly..but sometimes the questions about nazms are easy and ghazals are hard or vice versa so you can prepare both of them :)
No not all the sheers,.,. for a tabsara you need to learn from 3-4 sheers with all the explanation,.,. u must also know how to link these sheers with the poet's feelings as per the biographical data only memorize 2 to 3 lines per do mention the style of the poet,.,. still remember that for Nasir Kazmi i wrote in my 9th finals that unka asloon nehyiat shandar aur sadah hein ,.,. nd i got 23 out of 25,.,.,. sad that i quit urdu A after that

Reaction score
if u can rply to my last post plz do it othrwise i knw hamid ali will defi ntly soon rply to
i appreciate ur intrst in my post

Reaction score
for the nazam part, as i have been told , you only need to learn a few shairs....what the poem is about....the shairs kalam ki khasosiyat....and a note on the shair...!!! thats the correct pattern ryt???