• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Non Muslim

Reaction score
Can any non muslim can choose anyother subject other than Islamiyat or Urdu in Olevels in Pakistan or the above two subjects are compulsory in Pakistan? kindly give me a proper and urgent answer.
Thanks in advace.

Reaction score
Can any non muslim can choose anyother subject other than Islamiyat or Urdu in Olevels in Pakistan or the above two subjects are compulsory in Pakistan? kindly give me a proper and urgent answer.
Thanks in advace.
well i have a classmate who's a Hindu
and she had to take up Islamiyat cuz it's marks add to the matric equivalence
if he/she wants to get into some med or engineering university within Pakistan, I'm afraid he/she has to take up both the subjects
http://www.ibcc.edu.pk/criteria.php

Reaction score
U
well i have a classmate who's a Hindu
and she had to take up Islamiyat cuz it's marks add to the matric equivalence
if he/she wants to get into some med or engineering university within Pakistan, I'm afraid he/she has to take up both the subjects
http://www.ibcc.edu.pk/criteria.php
I am not into these type of discussion, but it is quite ridiculous that a country forces non muslims to do so, ut is like going to cambridge and having tobdo chorus at church each week

Reaction score
U
I am not into these type of discussion, but it is quite ridiculous that a country forces non muslims to do so, ut is like going to cambridge and having tobdo chorus at church each week
yh it was made compulsory in the 1970s to make sure the youth knew abt their religion and language
but idk those dumbheads dint realize that non-muslims dint need all this

Reaction score
Hello! To answer your question, a non-Muslim doesn't have to take Islamiat. I know few non-Muslims who studies O-level, but doesn't take Islamiat. Depending on the situation, she coild take a replacement subject or may skip the subject entirely.. So, it's not forced upon you, but can give you a slight disadvantage. As for Urdu, you can't skip it unless you have proper qualifications for your first language. My first language is English and I decided not to take Urdu. If you have no qualifications for your first language other than Urdu, than I suppose you can skip Urdu but could put you in a big disadvantage for applying for scholarships and admissions in University. Urdu can't be replaced by another subject to my knowledge. I suggest to you that you talk to an administration of a well-established O-level institution for more information. This is my two-cents on things.