• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Nust admission requirements

Reaction score
IF I get 320marks in fsc.1stYear which is almost 50%, is there any chance of me getting into Nust if I do a reasonable entry test and how much minimum marks are needed to get to nust and in which engineering field?

Reaction score
IF I get 320marks in fsc.1stYear, is there any chance of me getting into Nust if I do a reasonable entry test and how much minimum marks are needed to get to nust and in which engineering field?
Not reasonable, u should give a very good entry test.
Minimum marks for NUST is 60%, after this it depends mainly on ur test!
Engineering field depends on ur merit and ur preferences!

Reaction score
So how hard is Nust's entry test? And then if I perform good in the entry test would I be able to get into civil eng. at Nust??

Reaction score
So how hard is Nust's entry test? And then if I perform good in the entry test would I be able to get into civil eng. at Nust??
NUST civl engineering's merit went down a bit this year.
Entry test is based on FSc syllabus and apparently u have done FSc, u shouldn't have much problems. Remember, most of the questions are concept based, so ratta will do u no good!
and Yes, if u perform good and manage to get a merit number within 1000, u can get into Civil!

Reaction score
So the point is that if I get around 60% marks in fsc.1st.year would I be able to get admission?... or does it all depend on my entry test because I have been told that if I score less than 70% in fsc.1st year its nearly impossible to get admission in Nust... Is that true? And I know that entry test matters a lot but students with less than 70% marks in fsc dont usually get admission in Nust

And secondly what is the weightage marks of different subjects in nust entry test?

Reaction score
So the point is that if I get around 60% marks in fsc.1st.year would I be able to get admission?... or does it all depend on my entry test because I have been told that if I score less than 70% in fsc.1st year its nearly impossible to get admission in Nust... Is that true? And I know that entry test matters a lot but students with less than 70% marks in fsc dont usually get admission in Nust

And secondly what is the weightage marks of different subjects in nust entry test?
Your admission depends 75% on ur entry test and 25% on ur matric+fsc marks. So, if someone gets less than 70% in fsc and aces the test big time, then (s)he can still get in!
I think they have changed the weightage, but rough idea is that major contribution is of maths. then comes physics and chemistry. and then english.
U should check this on their website while ur applying!

Reaction score
Hey I have a doubt regarding admission for NUST . I am a UAE student currently doing my A levels . I have finished off with physics and maths A levels and this year I am doing Biology and chemistry . My only problem is that I dont know weather its important for me to have done Pakistan studies or Urdu exams , Please help .

Reaction score
Hey I have a doubt regarding admission for NUST . I am a UAE student currently doing my A levels . I have finished off with physics and maths A levels and this year I am doing Biology and chemistry . My only problem is that I dont know weather its important for me to have done Pakistan studies or Urdu exams , Please help .
In order to get an equivalence, u are required to have studied Urdu, Pak Studies and Islamiat.
Plz refer to this link to avoid any confusion. http://www.ibcc.edu.pk/notifications.htm
If u haven't studied these subjects it in ur O levels. Then u can still apply in NUST on the international seat. For that, u have to take SAT2 to be eligible to apply in nust.

Reaction score
But if I want to apply for a local seat then its compulsory for me to study pak studies , urdu and Islamiyat? I have a pakistani passport but studied all my life in UAE , have given an urdu o level exam and done the ministry exam for Islamiyat ? will that help me in any way to secure a local seat in NUST ? Thanks .

Reaction score
In order to get an equivalence, u are required to have studied Urdu, Pak Studies and Islamiat.
Plz refer to this link to avoid any confusion. http://www.ibcc.edu.pk/notifications.htm
If u haven't studied these subjects it in ur O levels. Then u can still apply in NUST on the international seat. For that, u have to take SAT2 to be eligible to apply in nust.

And what about A levels + O levels ? minimum grade requirements? and the SAT thing? and yes the entry tests too? How much necessary is It to give SAT for NUST?

Reaction score
But if I want to apply for a local seat then its compulsory for me to study pak studies , urdu and Islamiyat? I have a pakistani passport but studied all my life in UAE , have given an urdu o level exam and done the ministry exam for Islamiyat ? will that help me in any way to secure a local seat in NUST ? Thanks .

U can't get equivalence for the O+A level. that's one thing.
U can apply for local seat on the basis of sat only. U don't have the option of Entry test.

And what about A levels + O levels ? minimum grade requirements? and the SAT thing? and yes the entry tests too? How much necessary is It to give SAT for NUST?

NUST do not consider ur grades. they are concerned with ur equivalence... So again, minimum of 60 percent is required.
SAT2 will help u doubling ur chances of getting in.
Entry tests are FSc based, so u need to study fsc syllabus to score good in test.
I think u should go for SAT2, it brightens ur chance if ur test did not go well...

Reaction score
NUST do not consider ur grades. they are concerned with ur equivalence... So again, minimum of 60 percent is required.
SAT2 will help u doubling ur chances of getting in.
Entry tests are FSc based, so u need to study fsc syllabus to score good in test.
I think u should go for SAT2, it brightens ur chance if ur test did not go well...

thank you ... and when is the ideal time to give SAT in A2 ?

Reaction score
What is the NUST entry test going to be about? like what subjects exactly? And is A levels good enuff preparations for it?

Reaction score
hello can anyone tell me how is NUST's software engineering and what is the SAT requirement to get admission?