• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

NUST AND FAST over NED ?

Reaction score
Ok... I need some suggestion as well .... I'm still not decided yet but I'm going to be choosing from these two genetic engineering or CS ... Now I guess it's FAST best in CS but does anyone have any idea bout genetic engineering ?

Reaction score
Ok... I need some suggestion as well .... I'm still not decided yet but I'm going to be choosing from these two genetic engineering or CS ... Now I guess it's FAST best in CS but does anyone have any idea bout genetic engineering ?

Again, these two are very very different fields. Please choose your field wisely before you enter university. Find our your interests!
As far as genetic engineering goes, internationally it may be a good area of study. But in Pakistan, I don't see any good prospects.
Still, if you think you have a keen interest in genetics, then don't listen to me or whatever anyone else has to blab about it. Just go with it, and u shall find success in future, IA!

Reaction score
Again, these two are very very different fields. Please choose your field wisely before you enter university. Find our your interests!
As far as genetic engineering goes, internationally it may be a good area of study. But in Pakistan, I don't see any good prospects.
Still, if you think you have a keen interest in genetics, then don't listen to me or whatever anyone else has to blab about it. Just go with it, and u shall find success in future, IA!
Well ..... I thought a lot about it .... And we'll came to the decision that I'll be doing CS .... Not genetic engineering

Reaction score
Dear jazib i need ur advice once again and again and again :)........... actually i hav decided to go for alevels and after it i am almost sure that i will be switching to islamabad to receive quality education in such an idyllic environment.secondly ,currently, it is not possible for me to go abroad for my higher studies and isl is a place where numerous outstanding unis are available like (Nust,pieas,bahria,fast,comsats,uni of punjab ) and each of them promises to provide quality edu.
So tell me is it good to stay in diminishing karachi or do i opt isl instead cuz i am desperate to do alevels and i will stick to my plan!

Reaction score
Dear jazib i need ur advice once again and again and again :)........... actually i hav decided to go for alevels and after it i am almost sure that i will be switching to islamabad to receive quality education in such an idyllic environment.secondly ,currently, it is not possible for me to go abroad for my higher studies and isl is a place where numerous outstanding unis are available like (Nust,pieas,bahria,fast,comsats,uni of punjab ) and each of them promises to provide quality edu.
So tell me is it good to stay in diminishing karachi or do i opt isl instead cuz i am desperate to do alevels and i will stick to my plan!

That's a good plan. Isb definitely has better opportunities. Although khi is not bad, but if u think u'll have problem with ur education due to the law and order situation in khi now a days, then sure do come to isb.
P.S: U need to tag me or quote one of my posts to "alert" me about ur questions in future to get definite response :)

Reaction score
That's a good plan. Isb definitely has better opportunities. Although khi is not bad, but if u think u'll have problem with ur education due to the law and order situation in khi now a days, then sure do come to isb.
P.S: U need to tag me or quote one of my posts to "alert" me about ur questions in future to get definite response :)

off course this is one of my dominant reasons for this plan!
and i will not 4get to tag u !
Thanks for ur reply T.C :)

Reaction score

well , Jazib as u did ur a levels and u r in nust these days. So, tell me is it difficult to deal with entry tests of our local unis after going through CIEs ?? and how u came up wid that?

Reaction score
well , Jazib as u did ur a levels and u r in nust these days. So, tell me is it difficult to deal with entry tests of our local unis after going through CIEs ?? and how u came up wid that?

Of course it is difficult to deal with these entry tests. Well, frankly speaking i got over confident due to my good grades in AS. Gave LUMS test, couldn't get in. Then i realized I had to study FSc course, else I would get in no where. So, immediately after giving my A-Levels, I joined an academy (which proved to be a total waste of time and money) Studied like mads in those days. But in the end, during the test, that last month studying didn't really help a lot. Only questions which i was sure of being correct were out of my A-Levels knowledge. Yet, luckily, I made it into FAST and NUST.
U shouldn't get the idea that studying does no benefit in the end, i'm just telling u what happened in my case...

Reaction score
Of course it is difficult to deal with these entry tests. Well, frankly speaking i got over confident due to my good grades in AS. Gave LUMS test, couldn't get in. Then i realized I had to study FSc course, else I would get in no where. So, immediately after giving my A-Levels, I joined an academy (which proved to be a total waste of time and money) Studied like mads in those days. But in the end, during the test, that last month studying didn't really help a lot. Only questions which i was sure of being correct were out of my A-Levels knowledge. Yet, luckily, I made it into FAST and NUST.
U shouldn't get the idea that studying does no benefit in the end, i'm just telling u what happened in my case...

oh.... :cry: ! any advice or suggestion to ace these entry tests after doing a levels ? ! shud i have to join aptitude tests prep classes??

Reaction score
oh.... :cry: ! any advice or suggestion to ace these entry tests after doing a levels ? ! shud i have to join aptitude tests prep classes??

Well... depends on u. Different strategies work with different students.
If ur comfortable learning new concepts urself then I won't recommend joining any academies. They are a total waste of time in that case.
However, if u think u need guidance at some place if stuck, or don't know what to do at all from scratch, then sure do join a good academy for it.
Remember, in the end it all comes down to you effort. And trust me, ur effort never goes waste!

Reaction score
Well... depends on u. Different strategies work with different students.
If ur comfortable learning new concepts urself then I won't recommend joining any academies. They are a total waste of time in that case.
However, if u think u need guidance at some place if stuck, or don't know what to do at all from scratch, then sure do join a good academy for it.
Remember, in the end it all comes down to you effort. And trust me, ur effort never goes waste!

thanks buddy (y)

Reaction score
I am in AS now, i have opted physics chemistry and maths and i am interested in civil engineering but those entry tests worry me, in A2 should i revise some of the fsc syllabus also to get decent score in entry test as 75% weightage is for entry test? And i will IA apply in Nust and Uet. Sat is another way but sat 2 is quite tough..!! What do you suggest bro?

Reaction score
2 more questions for u !
* how do u find ur hostel life here in Islamabad ? was it easy to adjust here?
* Were u interested in any part time job ? or are u looking forward for it?

Reaction score
I am in AS now, i have opted physics chemistry and maths and i am interested in civil engineering but those entry tests worry me, in A2 should i revise some of the fsc syllabus also to get decent score in entry test as 75% weightage is for entry test? And i will IA apply in Nust and Uet. Sat is another way but sat 2 is quite tough..!! What do you suggest bro?

SAT-2 is not tough! U have time, prepare for it and give it a try and if the score is good then ur entry test tension would be over.
Going through FSc course becomes difficult towards the end of A2. Since it gets a little tough as compared to AS. But still, if u think u can cop with it. Then sure study it. Will definitely increase ur chances of acing the entry test.
Best of Luck! :)

Reaction score
2 more questions for u !
* how do u find ur hostel life here in Islamabad ? was it easy to adjust here?
* Were u interested in any part time job ? or are u looking forward for it?

1- Hostel has been one hell of an experience for me. Made new friends from different cities, who i guess are going to be friends for life! Learnt a lot living here in hostels. Of course there are some down sides to it as well food. But all in all, I love the hostel life in isb! To sum up, ditching FAST (lhr) and coming to NUST was one of the best decisions of my life!
2- Yes! I had been doing a part time job. Did it for about 8 months. Left it because my studies were being affected by it.

Reaction score
1- Hostel has been one hell of an experience for me. Made new friends from different cities, who i guess are going to be friends for life! Learnt a lot living here in hostels. Of course there are some down sides to it as well food. But all in all, I love the hostel life in isb! To sum up, ditching FAST (lhr) and coming to NUST was one of the best decisions of my life!
2- Yes! I had been doing a part time job. Did it for about 8 months. Left it because my studies were being affected by it.

Impressive :)

Reaction score
2 more questions
If i do my a levels privately , how is it gonna affect me in the long run?? SHud i opt for it?

* which of these 2 have more bright scope i.e Bs in computer science , software engineering?

Reaction score
2 more questions
If i do my a levels privately , how is it gonna affect me in the long run?? SHud i opt for it?

* which of these 2 have more bright scope i.e Bs in computer science , software engineering?

1- It doesn't really matter much. Of course u'll miss out the fun of "college life". But speaking education wise, i don't think it makes any difference.

2- Well, talking about Pakistan only. Both of these fields are being used interchangeably. BSCS guys are doing jobs of BESE guys and vice versa. However, some places may prefer Software Engineers over Computer Science graduates. Or in some cases, SE guys may get promotion quickly as compared to CS guys. Initially, doesn't make any difference. I would recommend u choose ur degree depending upon ur own interests.

Reaction score
1- It doesn't really matter much. Of course u'll miss out the fun of "college life". But speaking education wise, i don't think it makes any difference.

2- Well, talking about Pakistan only. Both of these fields are being used interchangeably. BSCS guys are doing jobs of BESE guys and vice versa. However, some places may prefer Software Engineers over Computer Science graduates. Or in some cases, SE guys may get promotion quickly as compared to CS guys. Initially, doesn't make any difference. I would recommend u choose ur degree depending upon ur own interests.

Buddy if i select phys,chem and maths as a combination of subs for a levels, Does NUST provides room in SE , CS or IT ?? what were your combination of subs in a levels?

Reaction score
Buddy if i select phys,chem and maths as a combination of subs for a levels, Does NUST provides room in SE , CS or IT ?? what were your combination of subs in a levels?

Yes. Phy, Chem, Maths is the ultimate combination for engineering or any other field of the world (except medical, u need bio for it)
and yes, NUST does allow you to opt for SE, CS, IT (they don't offer IT anymore though) with this combination.
I had Phy, Chem, Maths and Urdu (for fun and an extra A ;) )