• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

o level bio examination

Reaction score
there was question in the exam "explain the fact that human breathe while plants do not" for 3 marks.
this was really confusing for me ...any suggestions about what could be the possible answers??

Reaction score
Yes this confused me a lot man!
Anyhow, I just studied bio in last 2 days before CIE.
I answered a bit amateurly that " Human breathe for maintaining the gaseous exchange while plants respire to maintain photosynthesis or diffusion of Co2 and O2 in out." and a couple of explainations with it. Though, I don't know if it was the correct answer.

Reaction score
Yes this confused me a lot man!
Anyhow, I just studied bio in last 2 days before CIE.
I answered a bit amateurly that " Human breathe for maintaining the gaseous exchange while plants respire to maintain photosynthesis or diffusion of Co2 and O2 in out." and a couple of explainations with it. Though, I don't know if it was the correct answer.
lol...i also wrote the same answer so i guess this was right :p

Reaction score
Well I wrote since the human require oxygen for the cell they breathe, during which they release carbon dioxide which is a useless gas from respiration but in case of plants they require carbondioxide, so instead of breathing they perform the process of photosynthesis to provide energy to it's cell! .-.
I hope this one's okay too.