• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

O level fundamental bio and fundamental chemistry books!

Reaction score
Aoa every one
Hmm...so I needed to ask you guys about o level books!
Can you guys tell me are o level fundamental bio and fundamental chem good books?
Should I stay dependent on them for my upcoming o levels (May/June 2014)
Not just fundamental bio with that I have bio matters and bio a course for o levels by lam peng Kwan and Eric y k lam (that green one)
Then I have fundamental chemistry, chemistry matters and again that green covered chemistry book for o levels ..........so what are ur suggestions about these books?
Which one would you guys recommend me to study from!
Apart from this what about other subs?.....like best books to study physics eng maths and commerce from!
And ur opinions about them ...well it's good that if you guys give the names of the authors .....and so it will be convenient for me or any1 else wishes to buy those books after reading this post!
And what are ur study patterns? Plz gimme some tips I really need them!
I have my mocks from the first week of March and I haven't studied a word! :(
So guys I really badly need ur help....
Ummm forgot one thing notes or formula sheets (esp for maths and Phy will also work ;) )
Thank you :)

Reaction score
Just bought the Fundamental Physics and Biology today.

For Physics, i think it is perfect. Covers the entire syllabus, no other book covers the complete syllabus.

For Chemistry, i've studied from ''Chemistry a Course for O-Level'', that green one, but i'm going to buy Fundamental Chemistry, because this is the book endorsed by Cambridge University International Examinations.

Reaction score
Ohh Kay...I didn't buy fundamental physics! :-/
I study from another physics book of graham jones and another author I don't remember his name now ;)
That's also endorsed by cambridge uni.....:)

Reaction score
For chemistry, use "Chemistry Matters"
For physics, use 'Physics,a course for o'level"
For biology, use 'Biology, a course for o'level"
For english, use "Cambridge english language revision guide"
For maths, use 'Cambridge O Level Mathematics Vol. 1 and 2"

-Fundamental biology is not bad but some of its chapters are not good to study from.
-Chemistry matters and fundamental chemistry, both are good books

Last edited: