• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

o level islamiat notes

Reaction score
I know this is random but I gave the Islamiat Exam this May (2012) and I'm a bit confused on what I wrote for Q2 Part a & b in Isl P2. If anyone is aware of the proper answers to this Question then can they kindly reply me cuz I desperately needa know how much marks I should be expecting in that one?!

Reaction score
check these notes they are free of cost just to help students of o level
notes4-olevel.blogspot.com

Reaction score
aslamo alekom my friends
i hope that everyone is doing great!! :)
however, i am planning to take islamiyat exam in the following May/June ..
kindly, i would like to know from where to get the notes?is it easy or hard?What is the best textbook for refernce..?
Is it usually IGCSE or GCSE ..?

PLEASE FEED ME BACK WITH THE CRUCIAL DETAILS AND I SHALL BE GRATEFUL .

Reaction score
Salam, I have this answer to the popular question asking to describe the main difficulties encountered by Prophet PBUH and followers during the years they lived in Makkah. My Islamiat teacher said it was a great answer: nicely covering details within length. Here it is:

Three years passed since the Holy Prophet"s first revelation. He had been preaching the word of Allah to his close friends and relatives, and bythat time, forty righteous people had embraced Islam. When the command came to preach publicly:-"Expound openly what thou art commanded...," The Holy Prophet gathered the Quraish at the Safa hill and told them about the unity of Allah and his Prophethood. But the Quraish dispersed in fury and resentment

The Quraish realized that if they dont take any strict measures against this call, it would be accepted by many. Therefore, they began persecuting the Prophet PBUH and his followers. It was the worst trial for early converts and poor ones; they were starved, beaten and imprisoned. Slaves, such as Hazrat Bilalwere made to lie down on the hot desert sand with a boulder on their top and offered the options of either renouncing their faith or suffer. Some died of the effects but none of them turned away from Islam. One such example is the martyrdom of Hazrat Sumayya. The Prophet PBUH was also treated harshly. Rumours were spread about him, and rubbish was thrown on him and abuses hurled. A woman used to specially wait for the Prophet to pass by to throw rubbish on him. Once a Quraish attempted to strangle the Prophet PBUH while praying. Another time Abu Jahl placed filth on his back, and Abu Jahl's wife used to put thorns on the path the Prophet PBUH was expected to take. Despite these disgusting measures against the followers by the chiefs- Abu Lahb, Abu Jahl, Atba, Waleed etc- they remained steadfast. The Prophet PBUH continued his mission with increasing determination.

In the 5th year of Prophethood, The sufferings of the Muslims reached to the extent that some of the followers including Hz Usman and his wife had to migrate to Abysinnia, where the king Najashi treated them kindly, but the Quraish pursued the immigrants and demanded them back. However after Najashi heard Hazrat Jaffar's inspirational speech, he refused to send them back and the Quraish returned with their mission failed. When the Quraish saw the day by day rising prestige of the Muslims, they demanded the Banu Hashim to withdraw protection from the Prophet PBUH, but when they were refused, the tribes of Makkah drew up a joint agreement enforcing a complete economic and social boycott on the Banu Hashim in the 7th year of prophethood. All the roads leading to the valley, in which they were forced to live, were blocked and the little food they had was soon over. Then there was an extremely difficult period; the valleys echoed with the cries of helpless people and children, feeding on boiled leather and leaves. But they bore these difficulties patiently, and waited for Allah's help. They were finally released after three years as some kind hearted unbelieves broke the agreement. However, due to the effects of the hardships faced, the Prophet's wife Khadija died as well as his beloved uncle Abu Talib passed away in the 10th year of prophethood. The Prophet PBUH was deeply grieved at both of these deaths as well as the followers shared his sorrow, and this year was given the name of "The year of sorrow."

Seeing the Prophet PBUH lose protection, the Quraish increased their attacks on the Prophet PBUH, and in order to search an avenue for support, he set out for Taif with Zaib bin Haris. When they approached Taif, the Prophet PBUH told them about Allah and Islamic teachings, but none responded them favourably. Instead the people of Taif violently drove them out of the city with stones being thrown at them due to which they were injured. At the same time the Quraish were sparing no chance to oppose the believers too inferior to stand up against them. Consequently, the Migration to Yasrib was considered.

Thats it! I hope it helps.