• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

October/November 2013 Results Discussion

Reaction score
You have a C in business?
Good enough grades,dude.
Nice

Did anyone here give Maths ?
I did. Got an A. Shocked to say the least. I thought I'd get an A*. All the answers matched the right ones in all 4 papers. Has that happened to anybody else?

Reaction score
A in Chemistry B in Maths! Im so disappointed with my grade in maths! I was expecting something like A* or something! I dunno why but this doesn't seem right. Maybe I should get a recheck done?
When will the grade thresholds along with statement of results be released for 'private' candidates?

Reaction score
i'm sorry to hear and can understand ur situation
according to what u have said and my own experience too, i feel yyou should not drop out
the best option is to repeat AS level year again
but if you go for repeating the subjects along with ur current grade 12 (A2), it will be HELL lot of trouble. Many good students also can't strike a balance. so its better that you repeat grade 11 again and work hard from day one. or if you want to repeat the subjects then you should consider taking A2 exams a bit late than the actual year you are going to appear for.
if u seriously want to consider entering a good university, i suggest that you take the 4 sunbjects (which u have already taken) at AS and then drop any one u don't need at A2
then u will be in safe position
as far as changing the curriculum is concerned, Cambridge is far better than edexcel in terms of the syllabus and paper structure.
good luck with ur choice and it's alright even if u have not got the result u wanted
its not too late to have a new start and i appreciate that u accepted ur fault. thats wise thinking and a sign of maturity.
Thanks for the advices! I had gotten over it and i will just retake the worst subject~ will continue with my A2!