• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

On CIE Grade Thresholds (Any Subject)

Reaction score
Hi Guys :Yahoo!:

I was wondering how grade thresholds work?
I did my Spanish (foreign language) exam and i think i screwed up my listening...

I was orginally aiming for an A* but after i did my listening i am lucky to get an A.

So heres the million dollar question:

I think i would score highly on the other 3 papers/exam (writing,reading,speaking). So maybe 48/50 for writing, 55/65 reading, 75/100 speaking. BUT only 25/48 for listening.

According to grade threshold minimum A grade for Listening is 35/48 ish(varies year to year) but as self predicted my results are way lower and C-level...

So does this mean i cannot get A despite other exams getting A*/A?, ps each paper is weighted 25%... what ever that means. I calculated that i might just make the cut.... am i right?

Reaction score
ps. its just to aid our young innocent minds :) i'd rather know for certain...

Does minimum marm mean minimum mark in the way that below that u cannot get that grade.

Reaction score
^ no. they take the total , so you'll still get an A if you do well in the others , dont worry about it , so many people make their grading system complex , at the end of the day they are a business , they want the best grades for their students to compete with other boards , so they wouldnt mark it in such a pessimistic manner ..... and come on , its logical , total mark obtained /total maximum mark , it aint that hard to grasp

Reaction score
Does anybody know the grade thresholds for Coordinated Science (Double Award) ?