• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ooofff!!! bio izz drivin me nutss!!!! PLZZ HELP!!

Reaction score
20) describe hw energy from sun is trapped by plants and is eventually used for person 2 move their arm? [10]
light energy is absorbed by the plant----1%----->plants use it to manufacture their food---------->when these plants are eaten by humans energy is transferred to them or
herbivores eat the plants and we eat herbivores to get the energy.
energy is lost because some of the heat is radiated away from the body while some of the parts will be not eaten by the humans e.,g hard pars of plants so their energy is not availed also cellulose or some othe substnces will be egested and their energy will also be not availed

Reaction score
i forgot o mention one thing that how is that energy used to move arm.well thats not a big deal! our musle need energy for contraction which is released by respiration from the carbohydrAte we attained by eating planrts or herbivores.this was convereted to glucose which was used to release energy for movememnt

Reaction score
how breathing rate changes as we climb up.
we know oxygen is less as we go up or air becomes thinner.
so oxygen is required for releasing energy to make the muscles contract for climbing.as oxygen is less to compensate for it breathing rate increases als co2 removal rate become ffaster which is equally imp and volume of blood pumped increases and heartbea also tto supply oxygen more readily to the muscles.hope so the answer is helpful

Reaction score
15) xplain hw mosquito r able 2 transmit dieaseses that affect humans. [5] (O/N/06)
example transmission of MALARIA
vector-female anopheles mosquito
pathogen-disease causing plasmodium int the saliva of female anopheles
when the female anopheles bites it inserts plasmodium which travels to liver.it breeds there and later leaves liver and raids the rbcs .when rbcs burst the temp. rises.tats why u feel ill in malaria.the burst RBCs may also block the blood vesselsstopping oxygen gettin to other parts of the body

Reaction score
the followin question 2 be answered PLZZZZ GUIES!!!!
HASSAM, USMAN, ARSHIFUL HELP ME OUT!!!! :(

(7)(8)(9)(10)(12)(13)(16)(17)(19)(21)

help!!!!!!! .....

Reaction score
zohaib bhai i'hav provideed all the problematic question on the 1st page of the post!!!!!
& among 'em many are answered some r left!!!
& i hav renewed the queston no. wich r still left!!!

Plzz!!! IT WOULD BE SO KIND OF U, IF C THE QUESTION FROM THE 1ST PAGE OF THE POST.... AND ANSWER 'EM!!!

Reaction score
bro i am tensed of isalamiat.there are many days remainin for bio theory so i ll help u later but donot feel tense as i am bcoz
"ALL IZZ WELL"

Reaction score
i cant explain u fully but i can only advice u is tht read the book carefully.....ans r riten ova ther

Reaction score
HASSAM BHY!!!!! PLZZ!!!PLZ!! DO COMPLETE DA QUESTIONSS BEFORE THE END OF DIS MONTH.... I'LL BE VRY GRATEFUL 2 U!!! :cry:

Reaction score
PLZZZZ GUIES .....

ANY1 USMAN, ZOHAIB, ARSHIFUL....
PLZZ SOLVE DA REMAININ QUESTONS!!!!!!!!!
PLZZ USMAN!!! :cry:

Reaction score
vry vry imp bio qston 2 solve

guies plzz solve da rest..... i'm suffocatin as bio exam comin closer~~~~ :shock:

Reaction score
actually guies, ders no particular link 2 it..... its bio past papers 4rm 2002~2009 ...... and 4 ur ease i hav already posted da questons on the 1st page of dis post ... plz kindly go & see from dere!!!! :geek:

Reaction score
aoa bro heres what i know:::

7:it is related to the nitrogen cycle in which the when the animals ejest the waste material the proteins come into contact with the soil here the decomposing bacteria act on the ejested material and convert the insoluble proteins into soluble ammonium compounds same happens when a plant or animal dies the decomposing bacteria do there work and so on after the work of these decomposing bacteria is finished the nitrifying bacteria come into action and and convert those ammonium compounds into nitrites and then further unto nitrates so as all the nitrates are water soluble they are absorbed the plant to make there food and when those plants are eaten by the another herbivore they are digested and converted into proteins!!!

8: yaar i myself am not really sure but it includes the decomposing bacteria which decompose the dead plants and liberate co2 in the atmosphere as well as the soluble ammonium compounds the co2 comes because in photosynthesis it is used and nitrogen comes from there as well!!!

9: i think it would include that due to gene mutation better species have come into existance but you should refer to someone else aswell

10: yaar its pretty simple you just have to refer to artificial selection that the engineers have come to know of those alleles which can easily survive in the prevailing conditions and produce better wool and so they artificially select the sheeps to be cross breeded in order to get the desired quality of wool!!

12:in this question first you have to refer to the effect of the increasing temperature in the enzyme that is that the enzymal activity increases with the increase in temperature but to a certain limit which is when the optimum temperature that mostly ranges from 40-60 celsius is reached the enzymes are at there best and if the temperature is further increased they would become denatured reducing there efficiency after that link this to the lock and key hypothesis as the question wants you to just tell that the enzyme which is acting as a lock gets its active sites denatured due to increase in temperature the active sites shape gets changed so much so that the key that is the substrate molecule can not fit into the lock and so the enzymes activity finishes!!

13: just explain the process of penicilin production in the fermenters that the penecilium notatum is added to a culture medium clean air is constantly provided and the fermenter has some space on its boundaries which is filled with water in order to maintain the temperature the culture is stirred constantly and also mention the temperature requirement as i dont remember them now and explain this process!!!

16: in this you firstly have to explain what is artificial selection that is choosing the species that are to be cross breeded instead of letting them breed themselves example can be of the better quality of wool produced by the sheep the people constantly breeded some species and then concluded which species when cross bread produce the best result you may ask someone else to answer the question aswell!!!

17: this ones quite easy just write the definition of asexual reproduction and then the benefits that include better quality of food is produced that is as the daughter plants are genetically identical to the parent plant so asexual reproduction can be carried out on those plants which are producing good quality food in order to maintain get the same quality of food in every generation also write that some plants develop resistance against a particular enviormental problem and that allele is dominant and so they are asexually breeded with the other plant which produces better quality food but has no resistance so breeding these two will result in a plant which produces good quality food as well as is resistant to that problem example i dont remembet but you can get it from the book it would be in that process in which the scion and stock of two different plants are joined i guess its called grafting or marcotting!!!

19:for the first part write the hazzards of smoking that is it contains more than 4000 chemicals such as nicotine which is addictive and tar which damages the red blood cells or the cilia(am not sure about the effect of tar but consult the boo) refer to the effects of some other chemicals as well like lung cancer and stuff for the second part just write that with the passage of time people got aware of the effects of the ciggarrette on human hea;th like lung cancer etc and so is now not socially acceptable!!

21:(A)in this part start like this that the particle diffuses into the blood vessels flowing near the surface of the skin and then reach the heart you must include name of the vessels to the heart from the arms then tell that it would be in the blood which would be taken to the lungs to be deoxygentaed here also mention the name of pulmanory vein,then the pulmonery artery will take the blood to the left side of the heart that is first the blood will go to the left atrium then to the left ventricle and then pushed into tha vein(aorta or vena cava i dont remeber) which would divide into dufferent artries the one and then reach the tongue!!!
(B) i think this part will include the conditioned reflex action that if the person has tasted the substance before then on seeing or touching the substance the sensory neuros will transfer the electric signal to the relay neuron and then so on and the person will feel the taste even before eating it(i hope atleast you can explain this reflex path)

although my answers are not fully explained yet i hope they may help you in understanding the questions

JAZAKALLAH :)