• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Overall Chemistry discussion AS May 2012.

Reaction score
Thresholds:
P12
32-35
P22
52-55
P33
30-34
I'll get about:
P12
30 ish
P22
around 55
P33
Most likely 30 marks

Reaction score
wow, all the best people! *fingers crossed* i'm aiming for a 90 and above.. hopefully i am able to achieve my target :/

Reaction score
hey guys im expecting
p1: 33-35
p2:46-48
p3:31-34
can u plz tell my expected grade??

Reaction score
paper 1 weight = 31 percent.
paper 2 weight = 46 percent
paper 3 weight = 23 percent.

Just convert your score in each paper to its weight, then add them up.. if they score above 80 in total then it is DEFINITELY an A.. BUT gradethresholds also matter, sometimes you can get an A witout scoring 80 and this depends solely on the examiner so you really can't say what your grade is unelss you know grade thresholds.

Reaction score
OKAY guys,
I need to know something please take a look at this picture, the one of the LEFT is a the COOH (Carboxylic acid) group skeletal formula as it should be shown. The one on the RIGHT is what I gave during the exam.. is the skeletal formula of carboxylic acid group that I wrote (shown in the RIGHT image) correct? will it fetch me marks?
COOH.png