• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

P1 Math doubts only!

What grade are you expecting in p1?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Did you guys find Oct/Nov 2014 session to be particularly difficult by any chance? I had a lot of trouble with a lot of the questions and I was wondering if others felt the same. Is the latest session a good indicator of what to expect tomorrow or is there no telling? I'm particularly bad at the following:

- Integration (Particularly when the question is about an area with a shape involved)
- Connected Rates of Change/Chain Rule
-Some Trig Identities
-Finding the Range of a function (any idea how to do this?)
-Sketching Trig Graphs
-Circular Measure is easy most of the time, however, sometimes it really takes some concentration.

Reaction score
It might vary from each person, like I found the paper very easy. But you could do integration using your calculator, trig identities are a real pain at times! For finding the range, they give a certain domain, so as per that you determine the max and min value possible.

Reaction score
Sketching trig graphs could be done from your calculator
Rates of change is not that difficult u just need to identify whether the rate given is increasing/decreasing in x or y and apply the formula
Circular measure is tricky but remember it just revolves around the area of circle/sector/triangle and pythagoras theorem

Reaction score
Assalamualaikum.
Can someone please solve oct/nov 2005 question 9)iii) with the perfect steps? I know how to get the answer but I'm worried about the presentation.
Jazak Allahu Khair

Reaction score
Nov 14 papers are not that difficult just something tricky
Also for integration if founding out the volume and you need to subtract area of rectangle or triangle then just transform it into a 3d shape so a rectangle becomes a cylinder, triangle becomes a pyramid

Reaction score
To be honest the Cambridge guys, aren't seriously bothered about presentation as such.
Yeah but I need to put sth on my paper, don't I? I can't just solve it in my head and go like hey this is the answer :p
Could you just solve it please? May Allah bless you

Reaction score
What are the formulas which we need to learn are not given in the Formula Booklet?
Thank you!

Reaction score
Bump, anyone needs to clear some doubts on any question last minute?