• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pak.Studies History Notes and Part (a) 4 marks Questions

Reaction score
T
im not understanding about the levels which is written in history ms so plzz also guide me about that :)
his document can also help you in getting facts for 14 marks questions. But i'll upload a file for that too when I get time; soon before exams

Reaction score
4 marks:
in simple words 4 facts are required. a line which has some fact is a simple statement and a line with two facts is a developed statement. u get 1 marks for each simple statement and 2 for each developed statement. if line has more than 2 facts, i.e has 4 facts in a single line, u will get only 2 as that is still developed statement. so write 5 lines with 1 fact in each or write 2 developed statements and a simple statement to keep ur self on a safer side. That would be marked as 4/4.

7 marks:
it has problem of levels. They say that answers are marked according to the level of answer not by points but actually they now want u to write each point of highest level.
level 1: is simple statement that as some relation with the question. they would give u a mark for atleast attempting.
level 2: is when u are able to identify a reason or wrote reasons as a list or each line has some reasons. it starts with 3 and and for each reason u get 1 more mark. when ur reasons reach a maximum of 3, no further marks are given. highest marks are l2/5.
level 3: is when u not just write reasons but also explain how it is related to the question. they start with l3/5 direct. like if u wrote a single reason and tell what is was u'll get 5/7. so for each mark u'll get 1 more mark and would reach a maximum of 7/7.
example: why mughal empire declined?
l1: because it was weak
l2: there were long and costly wars. there were successions and infights. the kings had extravagant life style.
l3: describes the reason first: long and costly wars such as deccan wars with marathas. then explain how it led to the decline of mughal empire: like extragant life style made empire bankrupt(empty treasury), successions led to infights and little attention was paid to the other enemies. the army declined. emperor remained away from capital. so this led to the decline of empire.

14 Marks Question:
it requires u that u write 7 reasons which are like those mentioned above as l3. but here l3 and l4 are written the same way. just say it is higher level of l3. then u say why is there l4. the reason is that there are always two sides in each 14 marks question. favour and against. so favour is l3 and against is l4. l3 starts with l3/7 and can go to 9 if u write 3 reasons in favour
and to 10 if u write 4. when u give other side that becomes l4 which can start from l4/10 or l4/11. so 7 reasons with three/four in favour and three/four in against would earn u 13. conclusion is l5 which means that give ur opinion. but they say that it must not have repetition or summary, but after giving opinion relate how that event is important for future events.

but they ask to write factors .....whats the main difference b/w factors and reasons ......simply im so much confused in it and dont know how to prepare this for my exams ?? :(

Reaction score
For all those worried about the part (a) 4 marks questions in O level History paper, the problem is solved. The uploaded file contains O Level Pak. Studies History Notes and about 90 History Part (a) 4 marks questions, a lot are yet to come in the upcoming exams so go through them thoroughly. Notes written and compiled by Syed Osama Tahir Zaidi. Good Luck for your up coming exams.

Muhammad Rafay
Rafay bhai , thanks a lot for your assistance :) may you get straight a's in as and then staright a stars in a2

Reaction score
but they ask to write factors .....whats the main difference b/w factors and reasons ......simply im so much confused in it and dont know how to prepare this for my exams ?? :(
did i mention anything related to factos?
read it again i didn't. just explain ur reasons and there is no need or wastin ur time in those things that won't earn u marks.
i wrote just2-3 lines reason but i had developed such a style that explaned the reason in less space and helped me get full marks withour wastage of time in stupid details. just follow the method mention mentioned above. if u write ur answer ur question that fullfuls the conditions mentioned above, there is no reason u will lose a single mark.

Reaction score
If anybody wants answer as well then take a look at my 4 marks Q/A for sec2 and 1 in the link in the signature.

Reaction score
muhammadrafay why don't u refer to my notes as they have answer as well. i wont get anything if people will use my notes neither i want likes or something. im just saying coz they have answers as well. no personal jealousy involved(seriously)

Reaction score
Rafay i
If anybody wants answer as well then take a look at my 4 marks Q/A for sec2 and 1 in the link in the signature.
Rafay is right because these questions are merrily giving you a lot of points that you can write in the paper. When I wrote these notes I studied and worked hard. I did not just got A star by nothing. Any body is welcome to add more questions to the notes. We can keep updating this booklet. SOT ZAIDI, writer, editor and Publisher.

Reaction score
Rafay i

Rafay is right because these questions are merrily giving you a lot of points that you can write in the paper. When I wrote these notes I studied and worked hard. I did not just got A star by nothing. Any body is welcome to add more questions to the notes. We can keep updating this booklet. SOT ZAIDI, writer, editor and Publisher.
ok ok do whatever u want. and no need to show off ur a* i also got an A*, okay?
i said that u can refer to my notes as they have answers and i made them when the exams were near. i 'wasted'(as my friends used to call it) my time for other. writing question is easier than searching for correct 4+ points.
I m not feeling any jealousy coz i m not competing u or selling smth etc. we both did it to help others, isn't it? so wouldn't it be better with answers and would help others more? No problem. even if i delete my post i won't lose anything. but u r getting personal in this regard. if u want to help other why don't you refer to my notes. if u want to prove that u r the only one to compile 4 marks notes than i won't be proving u wrong in any other post.

Reaction score
Rafay i

if u want to add my notes into ur i won't be having any problem. go ahead, merge my notes into urs and say to the world that u made them all. the only thing matters is that it will reach more people and maybe they will pray to Allah for us.

Reaction score
C
ok ok do whatever u want. and no need to show off ur a* i also got an A*, okay?
i said that u can refer to my notes as they have answers and i made them when the exams were near. i 'wasted'(as my friends used to call it) my time for other. writing question is easier than searching for correct 4+ points.
I m not feeling any jealousy coz i m not competing u or selling smth etc. we both did it to help others, isn't it? so wouldn't it be better with answers and would help others more? No problem. even if i delete my post i won't lose anything. but u r getting personal in this regard. if u want to help other why don't you refer to my notes. if u want to prove that u r the only one to compile 4 marks notes than i won't be proving u wrong in any other post.
Cheez man i think u r getting toooo personal. first of all Show OFF is not My style :D. Second anyone is welcome to add more questions. I am just saying that no need to stop others from following waht resource is already available. And you know the A* was mentioned only too make the notes more accountable... NOT FOR SOME FREAKY ****** sHOW OFF.
iF i WANTED TO SHOW OFF I COULD SHOW OFF FOR A THOUSAND OTHER THINGS WHICH I BET WITH ALL MY HEART THAT many have not got so try to post sensibly. One more thing if I wanted to show off i would have posted the notes my self but long live my good friend Rafay for the good work. :D
one more thing: THese notes have answers as well. NOT JUST QUESTIONS!!!!!!!

Reaction score
C
Cheez man i think u r getting toooo personal. first of all Show OFF is not My style :D. Second anyone is welcome to add more questions. I am just saying that no need to stop others from following waht resource is already available. And you know the A* was mentioned only too make the notes more accountable... NOT FOR SOME FREAKY ****** sHOW OFF.
iF i WANTED TO SHOW OFF I COULD SHOW OFF FOR A THOUSAND OTHER THINGS WHICH I BET WITH ALL MY HEART THAT many have not got so try to post sensibly. One more thing if I wanted to show off i would have posted the notes my self but long live my good friend Rafay for the good work. :D
I didn't get personal and I am happy that you made notes. But all i wanted to say was that my notes have answers so put a link of it. Rafay did it. if u don't like to refer to my notes that add my notes into urs. i don't demand any credit. all that matters it that it will reach more people and help em. if u don't like me, sorry for disturbing u.

Reaction score
I didn't get personal and I am happy that you made notes. But all i wanted to say was that my notes have answers so put a link of it. Rafay did it. if u don't like to refer to my notes that add my notes into urs. i don't demand any credit. all that matters it that it will reach more people and help em. if u don't like me, sorry for disturbing u.
That is great. And its alright if rafay did it. I also want people to get more and more help. I just meant that my notes are fine too. Its alright really. :D
I jsut got freaked out by :SHOW OFF" :D
And one must credit for the work he performs so you MUST get credit. I am sorry if I got a bit over carried.

Reaction score
That is great. And its alright if rafay did it. I also want people to get more and more help. I just meant that my notes are fine too. Its alright really. :D
I jsut got freaked out by :SHOW OFF" :D
And one must credit for the work he performs so you MUST get credit. I am sorry if I got a bit over carried.
So now I hope the ceasfire has taken place ;)