• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pak Studies, Islamiyat O Level, IGCSE

Reaction score
So can someone tell me best books for these 2 subjects? I have the following books,
Pak studies P2
1. Huma Naz
2. Fazle karim
P1
1. Nigel Kelly
2. Nigel Smith
3. Farooq Naseem
Islamiyat
1. Farkhanda Noor
2. Dr Iftikhar ul Haq
3. Yasmeen Malik
4. Habib ur Rehman
5. David Thomas
If these books are enough,kindly tell me about some notes and how to prepare

Reaction score
I highly suggest you to understand how to answer a question. In Geography, check the ECR. Do not be vague and understand the purpose of CIE. - no rote learning rather conceptual.

Reaction score
For Islamiat, read the Quran translation once and also consult Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim. I believe that by that, half of the Islamiat would be easily understood. Also, while reading, memorize the Ahadith and verses so that you would not have any problem in citing a reference. About 20 you should learn per topic because at least 5-6 would be present in your mind at the time of examination.

Reaction score
What is the best way to get an A* in pakistan studies and islamiat and which books are best for both of these subjects?- IN O LEVEL

Reaction score
What is the best way to get an A* in pakistan studies and islamiat and which books are best for both of these subjects?- IN O LEVEL

assign 2 hrs to each subject to master it. for pak studies i usually consult my lgs jt library in which there are 40+ books for every subject (CSS level)
make notes etc. learn verses, try to be unique and you will IA get an A*

Reaction score
i use ikran rabbani's book, muhammad ali asghar's, fazle karim's,huma naz sethi, nigel kelly, nigel smith, and others (they are 1990s editions of some books i cant remember but they are extremely good)

Reaction score
just gather info and make notes in chronological order. some books would contain importance of MMR 1909 etc. and would aid you in a grade barrier question.

Reaction score
So can someone tell me best books for these 2 subjects? I have the following books,
Pak studies P2
1. Huma Naz
2. Fazle karim
P1
1. Nigel Kelly
2. Nigel Smith
3. Farooq Naseem
Islamiyat
1. Farkhanda Noor
2. Dr Iftikhar ul Haq
3. Yasmeen Malik
4. Habib ur Rehman
5. David Thomas

i'm currently studying Huma Naz's book for pak studies paper 2 and nigel kelly book for pak studies p2 and i would recommend these books.And for Islamiyat Yasmin Malik's Islam Beliefs and practices is highly recommended.

Reaction score
Pak studies P2
1. Huma Naz
2. Fazle karim
P1
1. Nigel Kelly
2. Nigel Smith
3. Farooq Naseem
Islamiyat
1. Farkhanda Noor
2. Dr Iftikhar ul Haq
3. Yasmeen Malik
4. Habib ur Rehman
5. David Thomas
For Islamiyat use Ghulam Shabbir book along with Mr. Muzzamil Mehmood's notes because these are the best. Farkhanda and Yasmin Malik are also good
For History, Nigel Smith is best for 7 mark question while Farooq Bajwa is good for 14 mark question. Along with these or use notes of renowned teacher like usman hameed or any other
For geography, Huma Naz Sethi and practice past papers. Topical compiled by Talat Rizvi.

Reaction score
For Islamiyat use Ghulam Shabbir book along with Mr. Muzzamil Mehmood's notes because these are the best. Farkhanda and Yasmin Malik are also good
For History, Nigel Smith is best for 7 mark question while Farooq Bajwa is good for 14 mark question. Along with these or use notes of renowned teacher like usman hameed or any other
For geography, Huma Naz Sethi and practice past papers. Topical compiled by Talat Rizvi.

I personally recommend research rather than to be limited by the knowledge of an author. And yeah, Sir Muzammil's notes are a copy of Yasmin Malik. Better use the genuine source, since it is accurate. For facts and figures, consult draper's book

Reaction score
Which notes for pakstudies and islamiat(o level) best
For Islamiyat, Sir Muzzamil Mehmood http://www.mediafire.com/file/nxjj3kwql61xn8s/Muzzamil+Mehmood++O+Levels+Islamiyat.rarand you can also use any book.
For History, in my opinion Sir Usman Hameed's http://www.mediafire.com/file/s4iriigug3afmmh/Usman+Hameed+P1.rar
For Geography, Huma Naz Sethi book is best and pracice from past papers.
P.s Whatever resources you possess, the A* depends upon your hard work and practice
Hope this helped

Last edited:
Reaction score
i'm currently studying Huma Naz's book for pak studies paper 2 and nigel kelly book for pak studies p2 and i would recommend these books.And for Islamiyat Yasmin Malik's Islam Beliefs and practices is highly recommended.

without Nigel Smith, it's almost impossible to get A* or A.. Must get it

Reaction score

I guess Kelly is better than Bajwa.. And where can i buy Muzammil's notes?

Reaction score
tell me how to write an aswer in levels in pak studies history 2059/01?

I am only handling the top 3 bands, lower than that is unacceptable.

For [4], four statements are all that is required. The condition is that all 4 are true and relevant. Like:

What was the Rowlatt Act? [4]
1919 (1 mark), this Act was introduced by Justice Rowlatt (another mark) to overcome revolutionary activities in India/to deal with those the 1919 Act didn't (another mark for development). It included arrest without warrant (another mark), detention without bail (another mark) and replacement powers (another mark). It causes great resentment from the Indian community. (another mark) ....

And so on..

For [7], you need to EXPLAIN three reasons in THREE separate paragraphs. One well-explained reason scores 5, two well-explained ones score 6 and so on.

Like:
Why was the Muslim League founded? [7]

Answers like it was found because of the two nation theory or describing the theory scores zero credit, primely because [7] require you to EXPLAIN reasons.

Here is a SUGGESTED response (do NOT, please, rote-learn it, it is for your guidance)

What to do:
EXPLAIN three reasons
Link back to the question

A prime reason for the establishment of the Muslim League was to counter the Indian National Congress's propaganda. Set up in 1885, this organization claimed to represent all Indians but was then actively working to advocate the rights of the Hindus only. Therefore, the Muslims realized that the Congress was too Hindu an organization for the Muslims to wish to join, and so it was inevitable that some Muslim group should be formed, to, of course, protect and advance their rights.
Besides, the Hindu agitation at the partition of Bengal greatly worried the Muslim Community as this movement had taken a terrorist turn, aiming at its reversal by violent methods. The Muslims feared that the British would succumb to their demands and that it was necessary to establish an organization to represent the Muslim view to the British and to gain better terms for Muslims.
Also, the Muslims were perturbed by the Congress demand that 'India' should be treated as a cultural whole and Hindi should be declared the national language. As they had stuck to the Two Nation theory, they believed that India was divided along religious lines and that it was impossible to put the Congress's demands into practice. Therefore, a number of prominent Muslims founded the League, mainly to protect the identity of Muslim culture and language.

For [14] the most I can say is that, be succinct and avoid rambling answers. Stay focussed and answer the question as set. Like for the question below:

Was the withdrawal of Gandhi’s support the most important reason for the decline of the Khilafat Movement? Explain your answer. [14]

Notice what is asked. It has NOT asked you what was the chauri chaura incident, but how it was a REASON. Moreover, you are expected to produce multiple reasons. The limit doesn't matter but you are restricted to QUALITY and TIME. If you stray away, the examiner might drop a level below. It is one thing to 'describe' Gandhi's role and the Hijrat Movement, but actually another to EXPLAIN why it led to the failure of the Khilafat Movement.

Let me give you some 'explanations' for Gandhi's role:
When he called off his non-cooperation movement,
"This infuriated the Muslims who saw this action as taking the pressure off the British Government and weakening the Movement."

read this:
"there was a need to establish how the stated reason actually helped bring about its failure. For example, almost all candidates wrote at length on the Hijrat, but most stopped at ‘So when the Muslims returned, they had no homes or jobs’. Where a candidate was able to add ‘ This meant they lost faith in the Muslim leaders and instead of continuing to support the Khilafat Movement, instead they devoted their time to trying to improve their difficult lives. So this led to the decline of the movement’, then much higher reward was given. This pattern was repeated when many candidates merely described events such as Chauri Chaura without showing how this contributed to the failure of the Movement. There were not as many strong candidates on this question but those that were, explained each point well."

Also, "The Muslim League opposed this, wanting Muslims to stay and fight for their
cause. The migration was a failure. The Afghan government was hostile to the migrants,
who on their return found their homes and jobs occupied which dispirited the Muslims. "

"By joining with a Hindu-majority grouping the objectives of the Movement
were made less clear. Some perceived that Gandhi and some Hindus and
used it for their own political reasons." -for Gandhi's role-

When he withdrew his support for the Khilafat Movement, the movement weakened because a great majority of Hindus ended their involvement.