• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
for brief study dr iftikhar ul haq and farkhanda noor both are good
mostly the information which is given in farkhanda noor's book is change from the information that is given in david thomas book so in this case we have to follow the david thomas book because he is the principal examiner of o level islamiat so we must have to read his book also.

I have his revised edition(A Core text for O level Islamiat) and its way too short . Half the details are missing. If there is another book by him which I missed just give me the name.

Reaction score
contrary to wat I believe :p actually I think geo is easiest of all !
p.s I'm also takin my exam this M/J so let's hope for the best :)
yea (excluding the topography chapter) its way easier than history
history dates just drive you nuts! :confused:
best of luck for ur exams then! (y)

Reaction score
Salam every one!
Post your Pak St., Islamiyat and Urdu doubts here. Members here will try and help you out, Insha'Allah!

I have a few questions which need to be answered can u guys help me out ??
Q1)Why did Simon Commission come to India ? [7]
Q2)Why did Simon Commission failed ? [7]
Q3)Why did Nehru published his report in 1928? [7]
Q4)Why did Nehru Report fail? [7]
HELP will be greatly appreciated !! :D
All 4 marks questions
http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/history-4-part-questions-compilation-here.13263/
simon commision came to india because the montford reforms suggested a commision to come after 10 years bt as the concervative gov was in power and was soon gonna lose the power to libral gov which might give more concessions so , it was sent 2 years earliers ( mention the simon commision porposals )
q2. it failed because all of the members were british and no one was indian , they werent able to analyse how complex the situation was . gandhi wanted imediate dominion status which was not granted
q3 . as simon commision had failed miserably and then the british gave them challlenge that they would give some sort of constitutuion for india . to meet this challenge all parties conference was arranged which presented its report in 1928 ( mention the recommendations)
q4 , the nehru report failed( mention the proposals of the report) . the muslims were asked to make impossible and too many sacrifises , jinnah proposed some ammendments like 1/3 representation of muslims and separate electorates bt were rejected by nehru n the excuse that they would cause division among hindus . jinnah proposed 14 points which became so popular that nehru report was soon forgotten. as the british wanted the report to be agreed by all and muslims disagreeed so it failed
<if any other information related to it u r havng plz tll me so i wont lack it>
4marks questions
q1 <i dont know its answer>
q2.it was a movement led my haji shariat ullah in east bengal to clear islam of all non islamic practises and adopt those wich according to him were faraiz . it was also aimed at helping the muslims to standup against injustice . after haji sharit 's death it was carried on by his son mohsin ud din . after his death it declined
q3.loyal mohammadens of india was an essay written dy sir syed in 1860 to clear the undestanding of british that the muslims were to be blamed fully for war of independence bt the were the one who were loyal to british
q4. hijrat was apart of khilafat movement which was < mention the purposes > it took place in 1920. in it 18000 muslims took soom of their possesions and on the call of the leaders migrated to afghanistan which wascalled dar ul aman and india was called dar ul harb . it failed and was one of the reason for the failior of khilafat movement
q5. it was the very first step taken by ayub khan in 1959 . it was a4 tier system in which the people elected the basic democrates which formed the electoral college from which the president was elected . it formed the basis of 1962 constitution bt failed miserably
q6. the pakistan government has developed a balochi literary board in 1948. radio pakistan karachi broadcasts in balochi . quetta tv station broadcastsin balochi . many poets like atta shahid and ishaq shamin played a great role in its progress
q7. it was the movement led by hindus and congress to show their agitation against the partition of bengal. in it they burnt british cloths and wore the local ones . it was a threat to british textile industry and eventually resulted in reversal of partition of bengal <see past paper nov2010 q3a>
q8 present in nov2010 q4
q13 . present in june 2010 q4
q12 present in june 2010
q11. present in june2010
q10. present in june 2010
q9 presernt in nov 2010
hey look upon the past papers :unsure:

Reaction score
I have his revised edition(A Core text for O level Islamiat) and its way too short . Half the details are missing. If there is another book by him which I missed just give me the name.

there is no another book by him. I am just asking that at most palces the information which is given in farkhanda noor's book is change from the information which is given in his book like in farkhanda noor it is written that in migration of abyssinia hazrat jafar (R.A) was in second group but in David's book it is written that hazrat jafar (R.A) was in first group. so in that case we have to follow david's book

Reaction score
there is no another book by him. I am just asking that at most palces the information which is given in farkhanda noor's book is change from the information which is given in his book like in farkhanda noor it is written that in migration of abyssinia hazrat jafar (R.A) was in second group but in David's book it is written that hazrat jafar (R.A) was in first group. so in that case we have to follow david's book
You mean that I should follow David's book for details?

Reaction score
Thanks a lot.
The only reason I asked about the unsuccessful points because in Nigel Kelly's exam guidance he said that in the ''How successful'' you had to give both sides of the argument i.e successful and unsuccessful.

yes u are right but here the situation is different it was not unsuccessful

Reaction score
In pak.studies paper 2 should I concentrate on the facts or the theory.
For instance the is it important o know about the exact amount of rainfall in a province(125>,etc) or just the basic ideas such as when it rains and the sources of rainfall etc.

Oh and how is the book Pakistan Insights into its Geography and Economy by Muhammad Anwar.

Reaction score
For instance the is it important o know about the exact amount of rainfall in a province(125>,etc) or just the basic ideas such as when it rains and the sources of rainfall etc.

concentrate on the facts and there is no need to know about the exact amount of rainfall. only we have to know that in which province and in which season the amount of rainfall is high and we have to know about basic ideas

Reaction score

Oh and how is the book Pakistan Insights into its Geography and Economy by Muhammad Anwar.

it is good

Reaction score
concentrate on the facts and there is no need to know about the exact amount of rainfall. only we have to know that in which province and in which season the amount of rainfall is high and we have to know about basic ideas

You mean like rainfall in upper Indus plain is high during monsoon seasons etc.