• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
H
Hey hamid thanks but that would not only score about 4 mark:(
HeY yogaa, i just read the ans i wrote n i know its deserves only four cuz i missed 2 points.... also i was half asleep when i wrote the ans ;-)

Reaction score
Can somebody please grade my ans
Explain why britain was so successful in extending it's control of the subcontinent between 1750 n 1850?(7)
Answer.
The British were so successful in extending their control because of their millitary strength. They fought a series of bloody wars n successfully defeated a number of local Indian rulers like siraj ud daulah in the battle of plassey,tipu sultan in the battle of maysore, the marathas and the sikhs aswell. They were able to do this cuz they had the latest warfare tools, efficient communication for quick deployment of troops n sound financial resources 4 fighting costly wars in far flung areas. Moreover, their army was well trained,disciplined well equipped and thet also had good planners of wars. They were also experts of bribing n conspiring with key persons like mir jafar n mir sadiq,with the help of whom they successfully defeated their strong rivals in the battlefield. Also the indians were disunited as they were too divided into cast, class,religion n lacked nationalism. All these factors helped the british to extend their contol over india easily.

If their is anything missing in the ans then plz let me know......thnx in advance

when you are giving a 7 marks qs answer, you have to write 3 points in three paragraphs, the answer you mentioned is only one point but correct

my answer would be the following

1)the british military strength and power (as you explaind) but also include that after the battle of plasey they conquered bengal and therefore they got resources and a strong base, which help them grow

2)write about the british administration, they put puppet rulers in the conquered areas which supported their struggle. their administration was strong and people under their rule were living peacefuly and were protected so the people did not resist them, also include their policies like the subsidiary alliance, doctrine of lapse, which helped them gain more power and areas

3) the indian weakness, their weapons etc were no match for the british, they were all divided, they fought each other and there fore it was easily for the birish to extend their power in india
:)

Reaction score
Can someone tell me about a book through which i could easily prepare for section 3 of history
dont do sec 3 now, you have less time, i recommend you focus on the sec 1 and 2 cz 3 or 4 qs come from there, i have also left sec 3 i was gonna do it today bt time is less and anyways i have to revise islamiat too

Reaction score
What should be written in the question , Describe the events which led to Hijra? [10]

Reaction score
What should be written in the question , Describe the events which led to Hijra? [10]
start by generally writing about the ways that quraish treated the holy prophet
then mention the details of social boycott in 7 ah
then about the taif invitation 10 ah
then the 3 pledge, as they invited the holy prophet to madina

Reaction score
what about plot to assassinate , a brief description of that to in the end?

Reaction score
what about plot to assassinate , a brief description of that to in the end?
no because that comes in the event of the migration, the assassination was planned once they knew that the holy prophet was migrating, it was not one of the cause of migration

Reaction score
Than
when you are giving a 7 marks qs answer, you have to write 3 points in three paragraphs, the answer you mentioned is only one point but correct

my answer would be the following

1)the british military strength and power (as you explaind) but also include that after the battle of plasey they conquered bengal and therefore they got resources and a strong base, which help them grow

2)write about the british administration, they put puppet rulers in the conquered areas which supported their struggle. their administration was strong and people under their rule were living peacefuly and were protected so the people did not resist them, also include their policies like the subsidiary alliance, doctrine of lapse, which helped them gain more power and areas

3) the indian weakness, their weapons etc were no match for the british, they were all divided, they fought each other and there fore it was easily for the birish to extend their power in india
:)
Thnx but doctrine of lapse would be wrong as it was introduced in 1852 n the question says from 1750-1850.. anyhow thanx

Reaction score
'Turkey might split' was the main reasin for the khilafat movement of 1919. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons to support ur ans?(14)
Please sumone help me with this question
Detailes ans would be appreciated

Reaction score
migration to Abyssinia wud also b included I guess!

Reaction score
briefly describe persecutions faced by Him
after he invited people on the safa hill they rejected him
later when he preached he was called magician, poet, mad, crazy,
abu jahl called him abtar meaning a man with no mail offspring, when ibrahim passed away
he also threw filth on him when he was praying, which was cleaned by fatima
a man tried to suffocate him when he was praying
abu lahab dissolved the relation between his sons and their wifes who were the daughters of the holp prophet saw( rqayya and umme kalsom)
abu lahabs wife also threw rubbish on him and when the revelation was delayed (before the revelation of surah duha),, she said that the devil had stopped giving revelation
a women also threw garbage on him every day once she didnt so the holy prophet (saw) went to her house an d found out she was sick, so he treated her in a good way after which she became a muslim
some people who insulted the holy prophet (saw) are shabia abu jahal abu lahab abu sufyan
also mention social bayycot and the taif visit