• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Here is a question in past papers:
'Was the work of Shah Wali Ullah the most important factor in the revival of Islam in the sub-continent during seventeenth and eighteenth centuries?' Gives reasosn for your answer. (nov 2006 Q1, c)

I think the answer would include discussing Shah Wali Ullah's works and beliefs and Syed Ahmed Shaheed Barelvi but not Haji Shariatullah because Haji Shariatullah was born in seventeenth century but his attempts to revive Islam were in 19th century so why should we mention him in this question? (because the marking scheme does mention it)

What do you think about it?

Reaction score
should i go for practising the recent 5 yrs pastpapers of all variants or is it better to practise the last ten years pastpapers of just the 2nd variant.My exams are approaching near so need advice .plzzzzzzzzzz do help as soon as possible.

Reaction score
Here is a question in past papers:
'Was the work of Shah Wali Ullah the most important factor in the revival of Islam in the sub-continent during seventeenth and eighteenth centuries?' Gives reasosn for your answer. (nov 2006 Q1, c)

I think the answer would include discussing Shah Wali Ullah's works and beliefs and Syed Ahmed Shaheed Barelvi but not Haji Shariatullah because Haji Shariatullah was born in seventeenth century but his attempts to revive Islam were in 19th century so why should we mention him in this question? (because the marking scheme does mention it)

What do you think about it?
i was advised by sir iftikhar(hope u've heard of him) not to be misguided by timeline provided in the questions esp those of reformers.so i think u should mention all 3 reformers cuz he(haji shariatullah too contributed to the revival of islam in the sub-continent.

Reaction score
i was advised by sir iftikhar(hope u've heard of him) not to be misguided by timeline provided in the questions esp those of reformers.so i think u should mention all 3 reformers cuz he(haji shariatullah too contributed to the revival of islam in the sub-continent.
ok, I got it!...thanx

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone tell me which books of these (their names are given below) should I refer to for Islamiat and Pakistan Studies Paper 2? (I have them all but I'd like to narrow down my options)
Islamiat: a) Maulvi Jahangir b) David Thomas c) Farkhanda Noor Muhammad
Pakistan Studies P1: a) Nigel Smith b) Nigel Kelly c) Bajwa.
Also, when should I start attempting past papers? Should I first read all of the stuff and then practice them or what?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone tell me which books of these (their names are given below) should I refer to for Islamiat and Pakistan Studies Paper 2? (I have them all but I'd like to narrow down my options)
Islamiat: a) Maulvi Jahangir b) David Thomas c) Farkhanda Noor Muhammad
Pakistan Studies P2: a) Nigel Smith b) Nigel Kelly c) Bajwa.
Also, when should I start attempting past papers? Should I first read all of the stuff and then practice them or what?
For islamiat all advise you to go with Farkhanda noor Muhammad one and the book of Ayesha Tariq "Islam In Modern Perspective" . well i have just heard of Maulvi Jahangir i haven't read his book and for the DAVID THOMAS one.. it just covers all the syllabus. you dont actually get what you want from it.

For P.st the books you are saying are of Paper 1 :p and I'll say that you go with the book of Nigel Kelly if you have got the recent edition of it. Recent one is just released a few months back. if you have the edition of 2009 of it, then consult the book of Nigel Smith as well, to cover the topics such as "TITU MIR" , "BATTLE OF KANPUR" and few more..
you dont have enough time to read the book of Farooq Naseem Bajwa..:p

Hope, now you know what to do..:)

Reaction score
For islamiat all advise you to go with Farkhanda noor Muhammad one and the book of Ayesha Tariq "Islam In Modern Perspective" . well i have just heard of Maulvi Jahangir i haven't read his book and for the DAVID THOMAS one.. it just covers all the syllabus. you dont actually get what you want from it.

For P.st the books you are saying are of Paper 1 :p and I'll say that you go with the book of Nigel Kelly if you have got the recent edition of it. Recent one is just released a few months back. if you have the edition of 2009 of it, then consult the book of Nigel Smith as well, to cover the topics such as "TITU MIR" , "BATTLE OF KANPUR" and few more..
you dont have enough time to read the book of Farooq Naseem Bajwa..:p

Hope, now you know what to do..:)
Thanks! :D

Reaction score
What is the purpose of giving translations of surahs and ahadis in the islamiyat exam (2058) and how are you supposed to learn the surahs/ahadis.Memorise points , rote learn it or look at the translation and then give the answer accordingly?(I am talking about the question 1 of both p1 and p2)

Reaction score
lahore resolution of 1940 was the most important political development by British either leaque and congress? explain