• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Urdu B is For Foriegners And Yes You Have To Write An Essay In Paper 1 :)
no other easy Urdu paper?? cause my cousin he also came to Pakistan this year and is studying easy Urdu like me, but he says that the easy Urdu papers for guys like me and him are really easy...stuff like 5th or 6th grade are on the paper...

Reaction score
Notes Needed
• Jihad in its range of meanings, physical, mental and spiritual.
• the Five Pillars of Islam:
• the declaration of faith, shahada, including the significance of what it contains
• prayer, salat, including preparations, its performance and importance, congregational prayers on
Fridays and festivals, times of prayer, the place of prayer, private prayer, delayed prayer
• alms-giving, zakat, how it is performed and its significance in the community
• fasting, sawm, including the way it is observed, its significance and those exempted
• pilgrimage, hajj, including the main observances involved and their significance

Reaction score
Notes Needed
• Jihad in its range of meanings, physical, mental and spiritual.
• the Five Pillars of Islam:
• the declaration of faith, shahada, including the significance of what it contains
• prayer, salat, including preparations, its performance and importance, congregational prayers on
Fridays and festivals, times of prayer, the place of prayer, private prayer, delayed prayer
• alms-giving, zakat, how it is performed and its significance in the community
• fasting, sawm, including the way it is observed, its significance and those exempted
• pilgrimage, hajj, including the main observances involved and their significance
Don't u have a book for that?

Reaction score
The books are also available in UAE.
U can also buy them online, and sadly u have to make the notes out of 2 pages paragraphys. That is how we all do it.

Reaction score
yea usually two questions come from sectionn 3 but it isnt a set rule. they CAN give three questions n we wont have any right to challenge them. the patterns are changing cuz the syllabus just did. their was a fat chance in 2011 tht they ll give 3 questions but there were 2. in both sessions. but still u cant take risk in there. its not a cambridge given pattern. anyway, if u find it real difficult, which it is not, u can prepare the latest ministries included and ayub's and zia's.
about geography, isnt isnt tht general paper that u hsouldnt read the book. course u should. go through the book n then go through marking schemes of last 110 years. tht helps alot.
about urdu, sorry cant help there. i had the same prblm n i gave my exam WITH that =P
EveryOne,My Seniors Says The Same About Urdu :p

Reaction score
dunt worry. the paper is easy.
but still read mahawrat from tht shazia islam book n do practise paragraph writing n translation. all will go great. i watched movies before my urdu exams of cambridge :p

Reaction score
Do practice the translations ....... during my time students found it difficult in 2011 ..... buy yourself a lughat....... urdu dictionary :)

Reaction score
my history teacher deliberately failed me in mid-terms..:cry:....although i managed to get C after re-counting... there are still many errors in checking according to marking schemes and examiner reports..... M ruined

Reaction score
^ Dont worry now,try giving it again or if not forget it and the other subs u are giving this time around get A* in them !

Reaction score
dunt worry. the paper is easy.
but still read mahawrat from tht shazia islam book n do practise paragraph writing n translation. all will go great. i watched movies before my urdu exams of cambridge :p
Lol Good :D Langauges Are Not The Subject Which Requires Cramming And All That.. There Is Technique Used In This WHich I Actually Wanna Know :) Like Summary Question And Essay Writing

Reaction score
Do practice the translations ....... during my time students found it difficult in 2011 ..... buy yourself a lughat....... urdu dictionary :)
Thanks But I Deem My Translation Good..I Just Find Difficulty In Paper 1 Question i.e Essay Writing Summary Writing Letter Writing..I Wanna The Method Of Attempting These Questions

Reaction score
I dont think there is any method just do it like u attempt the english essays and directed writing ! :p

Reaction score
Thanks But I Deem My Translation Good..I Just Find Difficulty In Paper 1 Question i.e Essay Writing Summary Writing Letter Writing..I Wanna The Method Of Attempting These Questions

here is a tip for summary my teacher told me. read every paragraph and see the point. if there are 4 points, write all the info about the point in 25 words.

Reaction score
Can someone help me in answering this question:
(b) Why did Shah Wali Ullah have such a major influence on the revival of Islam in the
sub-continent? [7]

Reaction score
(b) Why did Shah Wali Ullah have such a major influence on the revival of Islam in the
sub-continent? [7]
-he solved religious conflicts in muslims especially in shias and sunnis
-he organised opposition to marathas
-encouraged muslims to realise their weakness that lied in weak support
-translation of quran
hope m right. :)

Reaction score
sub-continent? [7]
He worked hard to ensure that he was a role model for every Muslim. He translated Quran into Persian because many people were unfamiliar with Arabic. Later his sons, Shah Abdul Qader and Shah Rafi, translated Quran into Urdu so more and more people could gain Islamic knowledge. He wrote fifty one books in Persian and Arabic. Amongst the most famous were Hujjatullah-ul-Baligha and Izalat-Akhfa. He also wrote an account of the first four caliphs of Islam in a way that was acceptable to both Shias and Sunnis. In economics he emphasised the need for social justice and for peasants and craftsmen to be truly valued for their contribution to the economy. His most important contributions to the Muslim community was his organization of opposition to the Marathas, who were threatening to over-run the Mughal Empire from the south. It was to call together the divinities among Muslims and unite them for Jihad. He wrote a letter to Afghan King Ahmad Shah Abdali and joined local forces with local Muslim leaders and defeated the Marathas in the Battle of Panipat in 1761. However, despite encouragement from Shah Wali Ullah, the Muslim leaders did not unite to take advantage of the defeat of the Marathas. Perhaps if they had done so, the Muslims would not have soon found themselves under Non-Muslim rule.

Hope this helps

Reaction score
-he solved religious conflicts in muslims especially in shias and sunnis
-he organised opposition to marathas
-encouraged muslims to realise their weakness that lied in weak support
-translation of quran
hope m right. :)
thanks.
and if the question is on some other reformer are we going to do the same(write his work/services)