• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Salam every one!
Post your Pak St., Islamiyat and Urdu doubts here. Members here will try and help you out, Insha'Allah!

I have a few questions which need to be answered can u guys help me out ??
Q1)Why did Simon Commission come to India ? [7]
Q2)Why did Simon Commission failed ? [7]
Q3)Why did Nehru published his report in 1928? [7]
Q4)Why did Nehru Report fail? [7]
HELP will be greatly appreciated !! :D
All 4 marks questions
http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/history-4-part-questions-compilation-here.13263/

Reaction score
Re: HISTORY Rare questions !!

salmanpakrocks said:
Salam every one
As the subject already suggests I have a few questions which need to be answered can u guys help me out ??
Q1)Why did Simon Commission come to India ? [7]
Q2)Why did Simon Commission failed ? [7]
Q3)Why did Nehru published his report in 1928? [7]
Q4)Why did Nehru Report fail? [7]
HELP will be greatly appreciated !! :D

OKAY LETS SEE QUES 1.

1.THE MONTFORD REPORT HAD SAID THAT A COMMISION WOULD BE SET UP TO SEE OF HOW THE LAWS WHICH WERE PASSED WERE BEING PRACTISCED AND TO SEE WHAT FURTHER LAWS WERE REQUIRED .
2.THE SIMON COMISSION WAS ORIGINALLY GOING TO BE ESTABLISHED LATER BUT AS THE CONSERVATIVES FEARED THAT THEY WOULD LOSE POWER TO LABOUR PARTY SO THEY DECIDED TO BRING THE DATE FORWARD.THIS ALSO SHOWED THAT THERE WERE SOME BRITISH WHO AGREED THAT INDIANS MUST HAVE A SAY IN GOVT.

hEY I GOT A QUESTION FOR YOU IS THIS Q1 A PASTPAPER QUESTION AS IT CANT BE OF 7 MARKS.

LETS SEE Q2.\
1.THE COMMISSION FAILED DUE TO IT CONTAINING ONLY BRITISH MEMBERS.
2.IT COULD NOT GAIN SUPPORT OF ANY LEADING PARTIES OF INDIA AND FACED CONSTANT PROTESTS as all of them boycotted the commision.
3.THE CONGRESS WAS CALLING FOR COMPLETE INDEPENDENCE AND WHAT SIMON COMMISSION WAS OFFERING WAS SELF GOVT SO IT DIDNT AGREE AS THEY COULD NOT TRUST THE BRITISH AFTER THOSE EARLY PROMISES WERE BROKEN
4.ALL THE PARTIES HAD COME TOGETHER IN THE NEHRU REPORT SO IT WAS DIFFICULT TO GAIN SUPPORT.
5.The commision said that it would abolish diarchy and that muslims should have higher proportion of seats in their minority areas,this was also the reason why congress boycotted.
6.the league also did not find it any good as it had said in delhi proposals that sind should be seperated from bombay this was not accepted.

iLL ANSWER OTHERS LATER...MAYBE TOMMOROW

Reaction score

Well ive edited Q2 a little and im pretty sure if Q1 does really come it is goin to be of 4 marks.

lets see Q3.
1.the first and foremost reason was that the british had said that indians cannaot even make a pact themselves and therefore the nehru report was its answer.
2.it showed that all parties could work together.
3.it was against the simon comission.
4.it was an agreement of all parties of how their country should be governed.

now lets look at Q4.
1.the Muslim representation in the report was very less it contained only two to three members so it was bound to have complications on their side.
2.Jinnah had advised the report to give Muslims separate electrorates but he failed in his attempt and was infact je was heckled by some hindus and he called this `parting of ways'
3.its failure also meant that the hindu muslim unity had come to an end how ever both parties campaigned for their rights.
4.Its failure also showed that congress was not keen with its relations with the league and the stint of the hindu muslim unity shown in lucknow pact and a small amount of it in khilafat movement came to an end.

Well please if you want to add any point or i am wrong somewhere please point out
THANKS

Reaction score

@Scouserlfc Thanks dude ! I have a query. I usually write 7 marks answer though in a paragraph but i include only three points rather than four ! Will this affect the quality of answer as In Nigel Kelly they have told us to write only 3 points ! plz reply and thanks you very much for your help :)

Reaction score

salmanpakrocks said:
@Scouserlfc Thanks dude ! I have a query. I usually write 7 marks answer though in a paragraph but i include only three points rather than four ! Will this affect the quality of answer as In Nigel Kelly they have told us to write only 3 points ! plz reply and thanks you very much for your help :)

Hey just wanna ask you do you write your answer in just one paragraph if u do then its wrong you have to make atleast three paras for all the three points.

Its up to you to write four or three points you can include three but they have to be the really main ones and you have to explain them as well.Well its no harm writing three but explaining is very important.:D

Reaction score

@Scouserlfc I make three paragraphs! how much should the length of answer be because I write almost half a page of Full scape sheet for seven marks.

Reaction score

Explain the stuff to a great deal and be sure that you write the main points for that particular question,Well just got to ask you is your writing very small.Because mine is a little big and i almost fill 3/4 of a big full scape sheet.

Reaction score

no my writing is normal! But in some Questions I can't the points so good! :)

Reaction score

Let me see if i can help. Three reasons are not necessary. 2 well explained, well linked reasons are enough. Thats what is written in Nigel Kelly, and in the mark schemes, you can find under the statement, 'Identifies reasons', usually only 2 reasons. Three reasons can be better, as it might happen that one of your 2 given reasons are not accepted. In that case, if the third is correct, it will be accepted.

As for the length of the answer. Mark Schemes have really small answers, and the examiner would not like it if you just copy it from the previous mark schemes and paste them on papers. What they want you to do is link the reason with the question. When youve reached that point, you can stop, and move on to the next. Everyone has different ways of writing and different ways of explaining. An example can be,
Q. Why did the Muslim League change one of its aims of 'Loyalty to the British', to 'Self Government' in 1913?
A. 1. Partition of Bengal Reversal.
2. Realisation of the inadequacy of the 1909 Reforms
3. British support of Balkan Wars 1912.
Link
1. Muslims relations hampered. Muslims back to poverty and exploitation by Hindu monopolists.
2. As a by-product of the reversal, Muslims began to despise the reforms. They had favoured them only because they had felt that good relations with the British would be hampered if they rejected them. As relations had already been ruptured, they turned to reality.
3. British fighting against Turkey, the largest of Muslim Powers.

Now, many people will write the above answer in different ways. Just make sure that the points are included, and that your answer does not only contain points. Write something else too.Hope it helps. As for the above given questions. i have not yet revised them ;). Ask me after like a week :D

Reaction score

HEy bro I think you have provided one of the reasons wrong!
-Realisation of the inadequacy of the 1909 Reforms (this one is wrong)
I think that one of the was
-British stopped the Aligrah College for gaining the status of university!

Reaction score

Alchemist you nailed it man.You got it spot on.But no matter how many points you put you should be careful about the time you have its very important.After all time is your enemy. :D

Reaction score

I dont know. I think that Aligarh thing looks a little insignificant with regard to Muslim League. The 1909 Reforms were political, and the change of aims was also political. The Aligarh College thing seems educational to me. Moreover, in Nigel Kelly, the 1909 reason is given. Overall, the concept is that the Muslims felt betrayed, and these three reasons caused them to feel so. Correct me if i am wrong.

Reaction score

I think both can be the ansewer for your question no harm as its after all was not in interests of the muslims.

Reaction score

salam
basically four marks question can be done in two ways . the first is that u give two or three reasons and explain them. the second is that u give four facts about the topic. the question can be answered in one paragraph and too much explaination is not required as time is short

Reaction score

hamza123 r u talking abut 4 marks Question or 7 marks Question :p

Reaction score

I THINK HE IS TALKIN ABOUT 4 MARKS BUT I DONT BELIEVE YOU REALLY NEED TO WRITE THAT MUCH AND NO NEED TO EXPLAIN IN THAT DETAIL.