• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Re: HISTORY Rare questions !!

Yeah i think you are right! well again your second question should be of 7 marks as it contains Why so we have to give reasons so here it goes
Sorry Please answer Question 1 and I will answer 2 and 3
For 2
-Jinnah produced his fourteen points in reply to Nehru report.
-Jinnah wanted to protect the Muslims interest.
-Jinnah wanted to show that Muslim League can solve the political problems faced by Muslims.
hope i wrote correct points :p

Well here goes Question 3
-Government of India Act of 1935 was a Act which British framed in 1935. It was the Third Constitution of India and Muslim League and Congress both rejected it as It did not gave the kind of Self-government Congress wanted and Muslim League rejected it as It didn't contain solution to the problem faced by Muslims minority.

I have a doubt in both answers :p hoping you would correct the errors!

Reaction score

I think for your third answer you should just add the clauses briefly like one and two most important would work.While for ques 1 a little addition to point one would be that he was heckled by hindu representatives of nehru report and he called this the parting of the ways and produced the fourteen points in reply to nehrus report.

Well for Q 2 you can look at my answers on the first page when you asked the same question. :p :lol:

Well for Q1 it goes like this:

the muslims were scared that there rights were not protected after the swaraj party which had won large no of seats in election failed to recognise their seperate electrorates.Therefore the muslims met and decided how their rights should be protected.They said that Sindh should be seperated from bombay,any future law should also apply to NWFP and BALOCHISTAN PROVINCES and they should be provided with seats in bengal and punjab in proportion with their population.They also agreed that if they were provided these then they would remove their point of seperate electrorates of the table.

Reaction score

I think I asked another Question and not this 1 !! I asked about Nehru report not Jinnah !! so if you have time please answer this one !! :)

Reaction score

Well here goes the answer for Q2:

1.After the failure of nehru report Jinnahs FOurteen points formed the points on which negotiations with congress and the british would take place.
2.In the nehru report Jinnah had asked for separate electrorates to be granted to muslims but some Hindu representatives heckeled him and it had a lasting effect on him and he called it the "parting of ways".
3.Jinnahs Fourteen points were produced at a time when Congress was calling for Independence so it also showed that in any future federation in India muslims should be provided with these necessities.
4.Another point could be that the production of the fourteen points also showed that the HINDU-MUSLIM unity was over and both parties would work in their own ways to acheve their goals.
Well i guess you could add your point 2 and 3 in it also but ill consult the mark scheme and let you know so in the mean time this is the answer :D

Reaction score

Well well well todays questions are the following.

1.Why did the league perform badly in the 1937 elections? (7)
2.Why was the Congress rule 1937-39 termed as the rule of congress tyranny?(7)

Both are easier questions of all.

Reaction score

Yeah these Questions are easy
For Question 1
-Elections of 1937 were the first major elections League had fought so had little experince.
-League did not Campagin Well so the people were unaware of its objectives.
-League had a image problem as the lower caste muslims thought that it was the party which represented only educated muslims and many were un-educated.
-Congress contained many muslims as they were thinking that Congress would protect their right but the congress rule of 1937-1939 showed them reality.

For Question 2
-Congress introduced many reforms which were a threat to the Muslim Culture like Wardha Scheme
-Bande-Mahtaram was made the national song and had to be sung daily. Muslims founded its words offensive.
-Congress Tried to establish Hindu rule and tried to erase muslim culture as well as Indentity completely.

STILL HAVING DOUBT ON QUESTION 2 !! :)

Reaction score

Add one more point to your Q2:
1.The hindus in that time in this rule when to such extremities that they burnt the homes of the muslims,organized musical bands outside mosques,pushed pigs in the mosque and these all incidents were also reported by Lord Linlithgow who was the Vice roy at that time.Nice answer for Q1

Reaction score

Chalo yar, mein bhi daal deta hun aik do questions.

Q1. Why were the Morley Minto Reforms introduced? [7]
Q2. Why were the Montague Chelmsford Reforms introduced? [7]
Q3. Analyse the reasons for the formation of the Khilafat Movement in 1919. [7]
Q4. What was the affect of the Versailles treaty on India? [4] -- Awein apni taraf se banaya hai ye wala :p

Reaction score

Q. What was the 1906 Manifesto? [4]
Alright this is in the syllabus, and im like 90 % sure they're talking about Muslim League annoucing its aims in 1906. Again, i can be wrong, so do correct me in that case.

Reaction score

Well we can list down all the events of 1906 !!
1) Creation of Muslim League
2) Simla Delegation .....
So i think it can be the creation of Muslim League !!

Reaction score

answer my questions on 5th page.
and manifesto is like a public announcement of aims. and so it has to be ML, 3 aims.

Reaction score

Alchemist4lyf said:
answer my questions on 5th page.
and manifesto is like a public announcement of aims. and so it has to be ML, 3 aims.
I didn't get the fifth page thing and furthermore if the question contains what then it has to be of 4 marks so why 3 points ?? :?

Reaction score

1 point of what the manifesto actually was,
3 points of the aims. :p
I told u, i made the question up so....

And, on the 5th page, i got some questions for u people, considering u wanted to answer questions. So do so...
ill help out if u need help.

Reaction score

Alchemist4lyf said:
Chalo yar, mein bhi daal deta hun aik do questions.

Q1. Why were the Morley Minto Reforms introduced? [7]
Q2. Why were the Montague Chelmsford Reforms introduced? [7]
Q3. Analyse the reasons for the formation of the Khilafat Movement in 1919. [7]
Q4. What was the affect of the Versailles treaty on India? [4] -- Awein apni taraf se banaya hai ye wala :p

Well alchemist we already answered your Q3 which you have written differently but its the same question.
So lets see Q1
1.The hindus where agitated after partition of bengal and were angry so to divide their mind the Morley MInto reforms were introduced.
2.The british wanted to take advantage of good muslim relations
3.The indians and the congress had called for reforms and this was the british offer. :mrgreen:

Lets see Q4
1.Well it contributed to the formation of the khilafat movement
2.It gave an impression to Muslims that the British were going to treat the turkish in the same way as Germans.This can be proved by Lloyd George comments.

For Q2 ill leave it for salman ,dont ahve much time

Reaction score

Sure! Let see Question 2
-Morley minto reforms stated that british would introduce more reforms after 10 years so Montague Chelmsford reforms introduced.
-Indians had helped British in the World War one and British introduced these reforms as a reward to their loyalty.
-British introduced delaying tactics in these reforms as the demand of Self-Govenrment was growing.

Hope i m correct !!

Reaction score

Alright. For the Morley-Minto reforms
- Partition of Bengal hatred. Law and order situation. So, had to give at least a few concessions.
- 1892 Councils Act was inadequate. So a new act had to be drawn up.
- Morley and Minto were kind of liberals.

Mont - Ford Reforms
- Lucknow pact and rising demands for self rule.
- Growing sense of Home Rule
- Giving as few concessions so that event of the World War wont be seen again.

Reaction score

Hey good points alchemist very good points.And yeah well done salman for your reply as well.

let me also provide more questions.
1.What was the Day of Deliverance? (4)
2.Why did the Cripps Mission fail? (7)

I think two would be enough for today considering we already answered a couple of em.

Reaction score

Hey Scouserlfc You should provide marks for the answer so that to attain accuracy !!
ok for todays Question lets see Q1
Day of Deliverance was a day which was celebrated by Muslims all over India in 1939 as the Congress had resigned from the government and that brought end to Hindu raj which had introduced very cruel policies for muslims. Jinnah demanded this day to be celebrated and this really offended the Congress.

For Q2
-Muslim League rejected it as there was no refernce about the partition of India.
-Congress rejected it as they wanted immediate transfer of power which british did not gave.
-British were neogitating form a weak point and congress explotited them by rejecting their demands and thus british failed to accompany indians in their war efforts.

Hope i m correct !! plz correct any errors and provide marks !! thanks in advance !! :) :D