• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Why did Jinnah introduce his 14 points? [7]

Thaaanks in advance.

there is this problem in the question. if you see in the marks scheme is tells its importance. my sir had the discussion with the chief examiner and he told that actually the answer has to explain the importance of 14 points something like he produced them because they had to become important later on. i know it doesnt make sence but the examiner wants it this way. so the 3 main points would be
*as they were produced in response to nehru report they made it clear than muslims were a seperate nation
*they proved to be the basis of any future negotiation with either british or congress
*they were so much focused on rights of muslims that eventually they became the basis for demand of pakistan

Reaction score
there is this problem in the question. if you see in the marks scheme is tells its importance. my sir had the discussion with the chief examiner and he told that actually the answer has to explain the importance of 14 points something like he produced them because they had to become important later on. i know it doesnt make sence but the examiner wants it this way. so the 3 main points would be
*as they were produced in response to nehru report they made it clear than muslims were a seperate nation
*they proved to be the basis of any future negotiation with either british or congress
*they were so much focused on rights of muslims that eventually they became the basis for demand of pakistan
I still don't get it. Shouldn't we write like: to represent muslim views, in response to Nehru report etc.

Reaction score
I still don't get it. Shouldn't we write like: to represent muslim views, in response to Nehru report etc.
well we have to write what the examiner wants or else we wont get marks... simple. (must be something wrong with his brain. lol.)

Reaction score
Anyways, i need help with these questions.. ASAP!

Q1. Why did Shah Wali Ullah have a major influence in the revival of islam? [7]
Q2. How successful were the British in their attempts to take over lands in the subcontinent before 1857? Explain your answer. [14]
Q3. Why did the Cripps Mission fail? [7]
Q4. Why did Sir Syed Ahmed Khan start the Aligarh Movement? [7]
Q5. Why were British successful in taking control of lands between 1750 and 1850? [7]

And the second question, the marking scheme says we need to state both failures and successes... im confused about that!

LANGUAGES chapter in section 1, how am i supposed to prepare that? We are only supposed to have knowledge about the promotion of various languages, right?
As question only comes about promotion and ''Why Urdu was chosen as national language?''!
Or are we supposed to memorize all those names of poets and writers?

Thanks in Advance.

Reaction score
Anyways, i need help with these questions.. ASAP!

Q1. Why did Shah Wali Ullah have a major influence in the revival of islam? [7]
Q2. How successful were the British in their attempts to take over lands in the subcontinent before 1857? Explain your answer. [14]
Q3. Why did the Cripps Mission fail? [7]
Q4. Why did Sir Syed Ahmed Khan start the Aligarh Movement? [7]
Q5. Why were British successful in taking control of lands between 1750 and 1850? [7]

And the second question, the marking scheme says we need to state both failures and successes... im confused about that!

LANGUAGES chapter in section 1, how am i supposed to prepare that? We are only supposed to have knowledge about the promotion of various languages, right?
As question only comes about promotion and ''Why Urdu was chosen as national language?''!
Or are we supposed to memorize all those names of poets and writers?

Thanks in Advance.

there are a few answers here..http://olevel-answers-cie.blogspot.com/search/label/01-Mughal Empire

Reaction score
I have a question related to Islamiyat... Is the modesty (towards Allah, to oneself, etc ) ad the rights (eg of the poor, mothers, wives, etc) coming in the October November 2013 O Level Islamiyat examination?

Reaction score
In the 14 marks question of Languages where it is asked which was promoted most between 1948 to 1988,do we have to give background information like 300 years old or was written in arz and marwari way etc or just the promotional steps?
Thanks

Reaction score
Exactly what i am confused about too.

In the 14 marks question of Languages where it is asked which was promoted most between 1948 to 1988,do we have to give background information like 300 years old or was written in arz and marwari way etc or just the promotional steps?
Thanks

Reaction score
hey is thr any difference b/w the term hadis used in legal thinking n hadis as a source of Islamic law? help ASAP

Reaction score
Thanks
no because this is totally irrelevant as you have been asked abt promotion in a certain period!

Reaction score
I have a question about history, specifically the part b) and c)
Do we write the answer with reference to all the levels, e.g first the simplistic statement, then identification of reasons and lastly their explanation, or do we just write the answer according to the highest level e.g skipping the simplistic statement and the identification and explaining the reasons one by one?
the teachers i have asked have given conflicting opinions.
Your help would be appreciated. Good luck with your exams!!! :)

Reaction score
I have a question about history, specifically the part b) and c)
Do we write the answer with reference to all the levels, e.g first the simplistic statement, then identification of reasons and lastly their explanation, or do we just write the answer according to the highest level e.g skipping the simplistic statement and the identification and explaining the reasons one by one?
the teachers i have asked have given conflicting opinions.
Your help would be appreciated. Good luck with your exams!!! :)

Reaction score
Hello fellas!
I need the answer for Languages 14 marks question!
e.g
Punjabi is the most developed language in Pakistan. Do you agree? Give reasons for your answer (14)
I need the best answer for this question. must include details of all regional languages according to exam demand! will appreciate your help! thanks!