• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Thanks and oh do we have to write in the order like
If the questions asked about Gandhi jinnah talks of 1944 as the most important during 1940s,can we start with the Pak resolution first and then the GJ talks later? because in one of the questions in the MS it is done the exact same way.

Reaction score
Hello fellas!
I need the answer for Languages 14 marks question!
e.g
Punjabi is the most developed language in Pakistan. Do you agree? Give reasons for your answer (14)
I need the best answer for this question. must include details of all regional languages according to exam demand! will appreciate your help! thanks!

Ahein! Waji bro's here! :'D
Ahein Waji's here! :'D​

Reaction score
I have a question about history, specifically the part b) and c)
Do we write the answer with reference to all the levels, e.g first the simplistic statement, then identification of reasons and lastly their explanation, or do we just write the answer according to the highest level e.g skipping the simplistic statement and the identification and explaining the reasons one by one?
the teachers i have asked have given conflicting opinions.
Your help would be appreciated. Good luck with your exams!!! :)
Sindhi was promoted more than any other regional language between 1947-1988. Give reasons for ur ans whether u agree or disagree?
Sindhi, a regional language is popular in the province of Sindh. After the partition in 1948 Sindh literary board has been set up to promote sindhi literature n magazines were published in this lang. In 1954 Bazm-e-talibemaula was also established with the aim to promote this regional lang. Important sindhi authors r Pir M. rashdi, G.Allanan faqir Nabi Baksh. Sarmast acedmy has been set up after a great sindhi poet Sachal Sarmast. The Sindhiology department has been set up at Sinsh uni Jamshoro.
Balochi, the popular lang. of Balochistan has been promoted b/w theyears 1947-1988. radio Pakistan Karachi has made its broadcasts in Balochi. Notable Balochi poets are Atta Saad n Ishaq Shameen. Other well-known writers r Gul khan nazir n Azad jamal Din. who r workin actively to promote this lang. The Balochi literary Association has been set up in the years followin the independence n it publishes various monthly n weekly magazines. The establishment of Quetta tv station has also helped to promote the lang.
Pashto, the popular lang. of KPK has been significantly developed over the years. This lang. has provided much resistnace to the british rule therefore it was important to develop this lang. The Peshawar uni was established within the three years of independence n also an academy was established in 1954 which was run under Abdul Qadir Khan who compiled a pushto dictionary which is internationally acceptable. Since that timepos-graduate degrees r given in pusho at this uni.
Punjabi. the local lang. of punjab has been popular among the sufi poets n writers who used it to promote their romantic folk poetry. B/w the period 1947-1988 Punjabi therter has gained unprecedented popularity. Tv programmes r broadcasted in Punjabi which greatly help to promote this lang. The govt. has ensured its development by givin support to those institutions who r usin it. The tv, film n theatre had given immense impetus to the development of Punjabi. Degrees upto MA level r given in Punjabi at Punjab Uni Lhr.
Conclusively it can b said that all regional languages have been promoted durin this period greatly but sindhi has experienced the peak of development. Even after this period the influence of this lang. continues to develop.
I wrote this ans for sindhi u can change it accordin to ur requirement!

Reaction score
I have a question about history, specifically the part b) and c)​
Do we write the answer with reference to all the levels, e.g first the simplistic statement, then identification of reasons and lastly their explanation, or do we just write the answer according to the highest level e.g skipping the simplistic statement and the identification and explaining the reasons one by one?​
the teachers i have asked have given conflicting opinions.​
Your help would be appreciated. Good luck with your exams!!! :)
no it's written in the other way that is directly the highest level n it is even checked that way the examiners may not work thru the levels!

Reaction score
no it's written in the other way that is directly the highest level n it is even checked that way the examiners may not work thru the levels!
I am still somewhat skeptical, because I have studied the other method throughout the year and some really good teachers have said that it is important to go through the levels.
Although the direct method sounds more logical.
#confused

Reaction score
can someone please explain the difference between hadis/Quran in thought and action AND legal thinking???
really confused the book says the same kinda things about both ????
please some explain this in detail
CHEERS!

Reaction score
I am still somewhat skeptical, because I have studied the other method throughout the year and some really good teachers have said that it is important to go through the levels.
Although the direct method sounds more logical.
#confused

no need for levels as in the begining of markschme it is specifically written as instruction for examiners that award marks of the highest level achieved and donot work through the levels. but for 14 marks examiner allows us to list down the main reasons in 2-3 lines which is for our own benifit as it keeps us on track and if u feel comfortable without it then dont do it. but it should not be done in 7 marks question as examiners like the direct approach to start explaining reasons.

Reaction score
Why do some legal scholars reject the use of analogy (qiyas)? [4]
i need points plz of this qustn

Reaction score
Why do some legal scholars reject the use of analogy (qiyas)? [4]
i need points plz of this qustn
it involves alot of individual opinion
decisions may differ from one person to another
it doeas not have the same broad support of the community as the other three sources have.
it depends on the ability of the legal expert to find comparison between two principles(his comparison can be wrong).

Reaction score
it involves alot of individual opinion
decisions may differ from one person to another
it doeas not have the same broad support of the community as the other three sources have.
it depends on the ability of the legal expert to find comparison between two principles(his comparison can be wrong).
thnku u so much sis:)

Reaction score
can someone please explain the difference between hadis/Quran in thought and action AND legal thinking???
CHEERS!
thought and action is basically beliefs and practices beliefs are the articals of faith and practices are pillars of islam so you can divide your answer in this way dont go for the book its very confusing. and the question about quran or hadith as a source of gidence would compromise of both thouht and action and legal thinking. And legal thinking is all whats in the books that is okay.
hope it helps. ^_^

Reaction score
thought and action is basically beliefs and practices beliefs are the articals of faith and practices are pillars of islam so you can divide your answer in this way dont go for the book its very confusing. and the question about quran or hadith as a source of gidence would compromise of both thouht and action and legal thinking. And legal thinking is all whats in the books that is okay.
hope it helps. ^_^
still didnt get the thought and action part can you explain it in a little more detail

Reaction score
still didnt get the thought and action part can you explain it in a little more detail
if it is quran you would say how quran tells us about all tha articles of faith. you will give reference to quranic verses about tawhid and expand on it briefly about what we believe and just do it for the rest. like quran tells us to worship and praise only one god he has no partrners or physical relations he is the only creator sustainer etc. then angels are his creation made of light and do specific duties assigned to them about which quran tells us. thn about books that quran mentions them that allah had sent them before quran etc similarly about the rest.. prophets last day predestination etc briefly.
then in practices say quran tells us to declare shahadah and act upon teachings given by quran. it tells us about prayers wudu times of prayer friday prayer etc then it enjoyns us to fast and give zakat tells about the methods of how they have to be practiced. quran commands every one who has the means to perform hajj tells us about its method and history(relation to prophet ibrahim and his family)
just dont go into too much datail give outlines of each of these. in the end you can also add that quran tells us about rights and treatment of our fellow beings. etc
AND for hadith just say what hadith tells us in this same pattern.

Reaction score
Need help in evaluation for 14 marks qs. in history. I am too weak in it :cry:

Reaction score
Hello fellas!
I need the answer for Languages 14 marks question!
e.g
Punjabi is the most developed language in Pakistan. Do you agree? Give reasons for your answer (14)
I need the best answer for this question. must include details of all regional languages according to exam demand! will appreciate your help! thanks!

Just look at Nigel Kelly book and look at last bullets of each language. You have got your answer.

Reaction score
CHEERS!
Look at it this way. Thought and action are for ordinary Muslims. Legal Thinking/Islamic Law is for schoalars.

Reaction score
Need help in evaluation for 14 marks qs. in history. I am too weak in it :cry:

Hey they are very easy, just don't think they are difficult.

For Example: "Zia was a bad leader of Pakistan", Do you agree? (this will never come, just for sake of example)
  • Mention points that say he was a good leader (Economy boomed, etc)
  • Mention points that say he was a bad leader (Dictatorship, ambitious, selfish, prioritised army, etc)
  • Give a conclusion : In the light of above arguments, I agree that Zia was a bad leader of Pakistan because he was ambitious and selfish. (or good, it's up to you but give strong arguments)

Reaction score
Leave
Thanks and oh do we have to write in the order like
If the questions asked about Gandhi jinnah talks of 1944 as the most important during 1940s,can we start with the Pak resolution first and then the GJ talks later? because in one of the questions in the MS it is done the exact same way.
don't trust the MS. The best way is to write in chronological order.

Reaction score
Hey they are very easy, just don't think they are difficult.

For Example: "Zia was a bad leader of Pakistan", Do you agree? (this will never come, just for sake of example)
  • Mention points that say he was a good leader (Economy boomed, etc)
  • Mention points that say he was a bad leader (Dictatorship, ambitious, selfish, prioritised army, etc)
  • Give a conclusion : In the light of above arguments, I agree that Zia was a bad leader of Pakistan because he was ambitious and selfish. (or good, it's up to you but give strong arguments)

Thanks!!! :)

Reaction score
no need for levels as in the begining of markschme it is specifically written as instruction for examiners that award marks of the highest level achieved and donot work through the levels. but for 14 marks examiner allows us to list down the main reasons in 2-3 lines which is for our own benifit as it keeps us on track and if u feel comfortable without it then dont do it. but it should not be done in 7 marks question as examiners like the direct approach to start explaining reasons.
exactly I read it sumwhr but just can't remeber at that moment!