• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
And also mark be on this one :)
Q.why was the government of india act 1935 so important to the future of the subcontinent?(7)
The government of India Act was the last major legislation that was passed by the Brithish government in which they wanted to give some political power in the hands of the indians.Some provincial autonomy was granted which meant that every provincial government was allowed to devise and carry out their wn programmes and be responsible to their own legislature.This was the first time that this had been allowed.

Federal syestem and proper parliamentary system were enforced in India.Provisions for a federal government were also established at the centre for the first time which meant that the princely states could decide to participate politically in affairs which concerned the sub continent.The Centra assembly and the council of state were greatly enlarged and the number of voters were alos increased from 6 million to 30 million.

Perhaps the major reason why the government of india act of 1935 was so important to the future of the subcontinent is that it became the basis of future constitution of both India and Pakistan after independence.The government of pakistan was running on the 1935 act(with a few amendments) till 1956 when the first constitution of the country was enforced.

Please of you could write a better answer then please write it :)
Can somebody please mark me on this answer?

Q.Why did jinnah produce his 14 points? (7)
Jinnah decided to issue his 14 points in response to the nehru report(1928) which was a scheme of constitution for india.It included several points which were against Muslim interest.The Nehru report suggested joint electorates(instead of seaparate electorate for muslims),unitary form of government(in place of federal form of government) and Hindi to be declared as the national language for india.These points were clearly against muslim interests because of which they were against the nehru report.

Jinnah suggested three amendments(i.e 1/3 seats in the Central Assembly for Muslims) to the nehru report which were all rejected by the conress.He was also heckled bby some hindu representatives and this had a lasting effect.It was at this occasion that Jinnah said that,"It was the parting of the ways".

Therefore Jinnah put forward his 14 points to protect the political rights and interests of the muslims.These points were quite comprehensive and covered all aspects of muslim demands of that time.Jinnah thought that it was the correct time to do so because the congress was pressing for the implementation of the Nehru Report.

If someone could write a better ,well structured answer that could score 7/7 marks.....PLEASE DO! It would be appreciated :)
Hmmm...Have you copied these from redspot?Anyway u haven't linked your answers so at most you would achieve 5.

Reaction score
can any one help me with tihs question plz :
were the gandhi jinnah talk the most important factor during 1940s leading to the partition of sub-continent?do you agree or diagree give reason for your answer.
i need to know whether i should write about all the event during 1940 and one thing if i have to write about all then should start in chronological order from cripps mission and so on or first write about gandhi jinnah talk.............plz help me it urgent i am hardly left with any time......plz .pzl.plz.plzzzzzzzzzzzz

Reaction score
Can somebody please mark me on this answer?

Q.Why did jinnah produce his 14 points? (7)
Jinnah decided to issue his 14 points in response to the nehru report(1928) which was a scheme of constitution for india.It included several points which were against Muslim interest.The Nehru report suggested joint electorates(instead of seaparate electorate for muslims),unitary form of government(in place of federal form of government) and Hindi to be declared as the national language for india.These points were clearly against muslim interests because of which they were against the nehru report.

Jinnah suggested three amendments(i.e 1/3 seats in the Central Assembly for Muslims) to the nehru report which were all rejected by the conress.He was also heckled bby some hindu representatives and this had a lasting effect.It was at this occasion that Jinnah said that,"It was the parting of the ways".

Therefore Jinnah put forward his 14 points to protect the political rights and interests of the muslims.These points were quite comprehensive and covered all aspects of muslim demands of that time.Jinnah thought that it was the correct time to do so because the congress was pressing for the implementation of the Nehru Report.

If someone could write a better ,well structured answer that could score 7/7 marks.....PLEASE DO! It would be appreciated :)
If I was in a good mood i'd say 6 marks otherwise five since you haven't written the third reason and the second on is the same.

Reaction score
hey....do we have to learn the languages chapter in Pakstudies...i mean its not tht important.....right??

Reaction score
Q.Why did jinnah produce his 14 points? (7) help me out!!
the earlier answer i think is wrong coz the reply to nehru report comes in 1 paragraph( 1/3 representation, separate electorates etc)
in 2nd paragraph you can write about protecting muslim interest, culture, identity socially and politically
but what about in 3rd paragraph??

Reaction score
What was the Cabinet Mission??(4)
What the direct Action Day?? (4)
1.In March 1946 a three-man delegation including Stafford was sent to india. It announced it’s plan that there would be no Pakistan but the new india would have three parts, hindu majority areas, Bengal and assam, and muslim majority area in west. Each part could frame its own constitution but the fence and foreign affairs would be in hands of the central indian union. This was rejected by both congress and muslim league.

2.On 16th August muslims celebrated the direct action day to show their solidarity and strength to british and congress. It was non-violent but in Calcutta it turned to violence in which 4000 people were killed. It is called the Great Calcutta Killings.

All Credit to Suchal Riaz

Reaction score
Were the Gandhi jinnah talks the most important factor during the 1940's that led to the partion in 1947? Give reasons 4 ur ans?
Can some one please tell me how to ans this question

Reaction score
Were the Gandhi jinnah talks the most important factor during the 1940's that led to the partion in 1947? Give reasons 4 ur ans?
Can some one please tell me how to ans this question
first trace the main events from 1940 to 47
1942 crips mission
1944 gandhi jinnah talks
1945 simla conference
1947 lahore resolution

discuses these events success and failure and then come up with a judgement with your own reasons

Reaction score
Help needed ASAP!
which surah was revealed after the long interval in revelations, Surah Mudassir or Surah Duha?

Reaction score
I have problem in solving question 1(b) in Islamiyat (2058/1)... i don't get the question well..PLZZZ ANYONE SHOW ME HOW TO SOLVE IT ONLY 3 DAYS ARE LEFT!!!

Reaction score
first trace the main events from 1940 to 47
1942 crips mission
1944 gandhi jinnah talks
1945 simla conference
1947 lahore resolution

discuses these events success and failure and then come up with a judgement with your own reasons
What about the cabinet mission of 1946

Reaction score
How has the pakistani government promoted pashto in pakistan? (4)
How has the pakistani government promoted sindh in pakistan? (4)
Please give proper ans 4 these two languages

Reaction score
How has the pakistani government promoted pashto in pakistan? (4)
How has the pakistani government promoted sindh in pakistan? (4)
Please give proper ans 4 these two languages
i am doing languages now myself and what i observed is that the answers are general for this
like mention language x has been promoted by books, tv, film, tv channels, news, universities,poets writers etc
correct me if im wrong