• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Well thanx but How come we can prove his views and tell their impact without mentioning the contributions he has made .Moreover this is remarks of examiners on this question :
Part (c) was generally very well answered by most candidates who were knowledgeable about Sir Syed
Ahmad Khan. Candidates were required to explain his contributions to the cause of the Muslims, which
included his religious views. Again, the crucial part of the question hinged on explaining his contributions
rather than describing his career. A mere description of this resulted in only a Level 2 mark. However, most
candidates were able to explain his contributions and a Level 4 mark was achieved where candidates were
able to explain his contributions through religion and other aspects of his work such as education and
politics.
So that means we need to mentions and explain his contributions as well

Okay. :p When are yours exams?

Reaction score
Can anyone mark this and give any critique.Thanx

Q:Explain the reasons for the failure of the war of independence 1857-1858?(7marks)
Ans: There were numerous reasons for the failure of war of independence.
Firstly, Indians were not coordinated and united in what they wanted to achieve .There was no general plan or attempt to overthrow the britishers. In different areas different groups fought for different reasons.There was no sense of national patriotism. Mughal emperor Bahadur Shah was a symbol unity but hindus and Sikhs were not ready to see Mughal power restore. India was too divided for this e.g Punjab and Bengal had been conquered by the troops from central india.And when those troops rebelled against the british, it was not surprisingly Punjab was not interested in helping those troops.

Moreover some of the local leaders also helped the british because their rule was closely tied with the continuation of the british.For example, Kashmir ruler send british army military support to win the battler because his position was closely tied with the continuation of the british.

Another reason for failure was that British was one of the strongest nations at that time .They had better means of communication ,superior weapons and army.It’s army was trained in warfare and modern methods of fighting. It army also had a good reputation of maintain discipline in the battlefield. Moreover they had great generals and skilled diplomats who find it easier to play off one community to another. They had control over three quarters of the territory and it was only matter of time that british gained control of lost territories

Reaction score
Oh, you have plenty of time. Good luck!
Thanx.Have you given pak studies ,isl and urdu?Any tips for these subjects.For now I have nearly revised the whole syllabus of history till 1960 and have done read huma naz +2 years of pst papers , and revised whole syllabus of isl and some 4 years past papers of urdu,Now what should i do more.

Reaction score
Thanx.Have you given pak studies ,isl and urdu?Any tips for these subjects.For now I have nearly revised the whole syllabus of history till 1960 and have done read huma naz +2 years of pst papers , and revised whole syllabus of isl and some 4 years past papers of urdu,Now what should i do more.

I gave Pakistan Studies and Islamiat in May June 2013.
I started preparing in the last days.. after 2nd may!
You have almost done the preparation and you still have more than 2 months.
I guess, keep revising it again and again.

Reaction score
I don't know, you should mention contributions too, i guess.
My teacher told me to concentrate more on Views and how his VIEWS contributed to develop cause of Muslims.
Yeh firstly i thought the same .But when i checked the marking scheme they mentioned his little views + more his contribution such his schools ,colleges and books he wrote e.g tabyin-e-kalam.In examiner report they also stressed upon to explain his contributions.And now Dont know what to write more contributions or views:confused:

Reaction score
Thanx and best of luck for ur resluts

Reaction score

Reaction score

Reaction score
Yeh firstly i thought the same .But when i checked the marking scheme they mentioned his little views + more his contribution such his schools ,colleges and books he wrote e.g tabyin-e-kalam.In examiner report they also stressed upon to explain his contributions.And now Dont know what to write more contributions or views:confused:

Write them both. You are studying privately? When did you start?

Reaction score

Reaction score
Thanx and best of luck for ur results

Reaction score
Write them both. You are studying privately? When did you start?
No as a regular student .Well I have started studying for these subjects for nearly 3 weeks .And yeh i had already some understanding and knowledge of these subjects as these were taught in school though i did not pay much attention to lectures :sleep:

Reaction score
No as a regular student .Well I have started studying for these subjects for nearly 3 weeks .And yeh i had already some understanding and knowledge of these subjects as these were taught in school though i did not pay much attention to lectures :sleep:

Ohkay! :)

Reaction score
Well in how much time did you prepare the whole syllabus every thing from start + past papers.And what grades are u expecting.

I was a regular candidate too, but didn't attend the lectures.
I gave my mocks, by studying the last day before exam and got A in Islamiat and B in PakStudies.
Then i studied nothing the whole month of april. Started after 2nd May.. gave the exams till 15th may!
Started chilling again.. and then new exams showed up on 12th june.
Had to start again >.<
Then gave the exams again!
So i prepared recklessly in the last days like always. Don't try this!
Just work hard.. whatever time you have! :p

I don't know what grades to expect. anything can happen.

Reaction score
Well try to do it like this, the first para should be a little introduction, then the next 2 paragraphs should explain the 1st factor(like religious), the further next 2 should be of the next factor(like education), and then the further 2 should explain the last factor(like political)......so the 2nd and 3rd para should always be of the thing mentioned in the question.....
Up til now there are 7 paragraphs, 6 for reasons (3 factors in total) and 1 was introductory, so now write a last paragraph containing the conclusion/your view.
Thanx