• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
why did jinnah produced his 14 points in 1929???????
plzz can any ans it correctly bec examiner report says that the ans must not include the series of event between 1928 and 1929.....
so what should we write!!!!!
can anyone give me a ready made ans?????
plzz help meeee!!!11:(:( :( :( :(

Reaction score
why did jinnah produced his 14 points in 1929???????
plzz can any ans it correctly bec examiner report says that the ans must not include the series of event between 1928 and 1929.....
so what should we write!!!!!
can anyone give me a ready made ans?????
plzz help meeee!!!11:(:( :( :( :(

Jinnah produced his 14 points in 1929. You know why?
Here is a little background:

The Simon Commission arrived in India in 1927, in order to decide a new constitution, but it was opposed by all the parties in India.
Instead, the Congress and all the parties set up the ''All-Parties Conference'' in order to decide a constitution for India.
The ''Nehru Report'' was presented, by the Nehru Committee at this Conference.
It was a draft for the new constitution.
It was against the interests of the Muslims of the Subcontinent.
Jinnah proposed three amendments to the Nehru Report, but they were rejected.
This was a significant moment, in the history of the subcontinent, as Jinnah realized that Congress was against the Muslims.
The Muslims boycotted the All-parties Conference.
The Nehru Report was gaining influence as the Indian-Recommendation for the new constitution.
The Muslims were in trouble, as their interests were not being protected by the Nehru Report.
So to COUNTER the Nehru Report, Jinnah presented his 14 points in 1929. (Reason No.1)

When Jinnah's amendments to the Nehru Report were rejected, this was a big blow to the Muslim pride.
Jinnah wanted to prove to the British, the Congress and all the other communities in India, that the MUSLIMS were a separate Identity, a distinct Identity, that can fight for its own rights. They are not a part of Congress and they will not agree to all the recommendations of the Congress. Their rejection of the Nehru Report, and their Counter production of the ''14 points'' would be enough to prove to everyone that Muslims had power in the Subcontinent. The Muslims were an influential entity too. Jinnah, was smart. He was well aware of what these 14 points would do. He knew that they would improve the Muslim position in the subcontinent.
So, they were also produced to prove to the British, Indians and everyone that Muslims were strong enough to stand up for their rights and interests and they were a separate Identity. (Reason 2)

Jinnah, was a fore-sighted person. By producing the Fourteen Points in 1929, he laid the foundation of the Muslim demands in the future. The Fourteen Points were an embodiment of the Muslim will, demands, interests and rights at that time. This was the first time, the Muslim demands were openly brought forward to the British and all other communities of India. Jinnah was well aware, of the Significant political impact these Fourteen Points would do, in India. Not only would they counter the Nehru Report and Protect Muslim interests and rights, but also outline the Muslim demands in front of the British. (Reason 3)

So, the thing is. Everything happens for several reasons. Everything in History has a number of reasons for happening. Now, one of these reasons will be the most important reason, the MAIN reason.. but the other reasons are also there. The Fourteen Points were produced in 1929 in order to COUNTER THE NEHRU REPORT. That was the immediate reason, to Counter the Nehru Report. But, Jinnah was aware of the other reasons as well.

Now onto the question...

Q. Why did Jinnah produce his Fourteen Points in 1929? [7 marks]

→ To Counter the Nehru Report
→ To Protect Muslim rights and interests
→ To Outline the Muslim demands and political wishes at that time.
→ To prove to the British, that the Muslims were strong, and they were capable of opposing the Hindus.
→ To prove to the Indians, that they were not just going to stand by, and let injustice happen against them.
→ To establish the Muslims as a distinct Identity in the Subcontinent, a community capable of coming up with their own constitution.

There can be so many reasons.
In this question, you have to critically analyze the reasons, but not tell the events between 1928-1929 as the examiner report says.
You are not supposed to tell about the All-Parties conference.
History, the 7 mark questions and the 14 mark questions are more about Critical analysis of the reasons, rather than events. (Most of the time)
You just have to start right away with ''The Fourteen Points were produced in 1929 in order to Counter the Nehru Report''.. Then explain this point, critically analyzing the motive behind this. How the Nehru Report was going to affect the Muslim position, and how producing these points helped the Muslims.
Then the next paragraph, mention the other reason, explaining it. Then the third paragraph, with the third reason.
This is how, you will get 7/7 in this question. Don't mention the events. Just the reasons and explain each reason in separate paragraph!

Reaction score
The reasons for partitioning Bengal in 1905 were more important than those that caused its
reversal in 1911.’ Do you agree? Explain your answer. [14]
Could anyone please tell me the possible conclusion of this question ?Thanx

Reaction score
The reasons for partitioning Bengal in 1905 were more important than those that caused its
reversal in 1911.’ Do you agree? Explain your answer. [14]
Could anyone please tell me the possible conclusion of this question ?Thanx

''From objective analysis, it can be concluded that the reasons for partitioning Bengal were more important as that action involved administration improvements and it had several strategic motives. But the reversal, was nothing but a withdrawal of their previous move, as a result of the Hindu riots. The reasons for partitioning Bengal, were more realistic and strategic in a sense to improve British rule in India. They also helped the Muslims realize that the Hindus were not on their side, as the Hindus now started rebelling against the British policy of partition.''

You can shorten this, and add it as conclusion.

Reaction score
''From objective analysis, it can be concluded that the reasons for partitioning Bengal were more important as that action involved administration improvements and it had several strategic motives. But the reversal, was nothing but a withdrawal of their previous move, as a result of the Hindu riots. The reasons for partitioning Bengal, were more realistic and strategic in a sense to improve British rule in India. They also helped the Muslims realize that the Hindus were not on their side, as the Hindus now started rebelling against the British policy of partition.''

You can shorten this, and add it as conclusion.
thanx :)

Reaction score
(Q) How successful has the promotion of the following regional languages been in Pakistan between 1947 and 1999?:
(i)Punjabi
(ii)Pushto
(iii)Sindhi

Explain your answer with reference to all three of the languages....

Can anyone give me a good conclusion/evaluation for this question. :)

Reaction score
what kind of facts and information do we have to learn for The Four Rightly guided Caliphs and how do I make my answer good as it cannot be suppported by quotes and Ahadis??

Reaction score
(Q) How successful has the promotion of the following regional languages been in Pakistan between 1947 and 1999?:
(i)Punjabi
(ii)Pushto
(iii)Sindhi

Explain your answer with reference to all three of the languages....

Can anyone give me a good conclusion/evaluation for this question. :)
Hey read books of nigel kellly and nigel smith and the MArk scheme you'll get it i believe so inshallah

Reaction score
what kind of facts and information do we have to learn for The Four Rightly guided Caliphs and how do I make my answer good as it cannot be suppported by quotes and Ahadis??

You have to learn their battles, how they did their administration and their relations with other states and non-muslims.
Since, there are no quotations and hadis for caliph questions, you just need to mention all facts to get 10/10 in these questions.

Like, if a question comes:

Q. Trace the expansion of the Islamic Empire under the rule of Caliph Umar. (10)

You have to mentioned all the battles, key points, moments that led to the expansion, in a sequence, with all the dates and years and everything.. and also the key figures involved, that will get you full marks. If you miss some stuff, or don't mention dates, you might get around 9. They only give 10 to perfect answers.

Reaction score
Please anyone can anwser these questions.
Why lucknow pact came about? 7 Marks
Why quit india movement of 1942 formed? 7 marks
why cripps mission failed? 7 marks
and last question that Cabinet mission plan was a failure or success ?give reasons
Only mentions points of questions with little explanation .I would be able to elaborate them .Thanx.