• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Eh ....

Loooks quite confusing.

In the CIE Syllabus ( the official one ) , the lines mean that they are the material which have been updated, and are not same as the previous year(s).

Whereas, in Huma Naz Sethi book it means the opposite . The lines indicate this is not part of the syllabus but added content just FYI.

Hope it clears it up.
yeah thats right

Reaction score
Guys i was getting confused about which Hadith are for the 'communal life' theme and which for the 'individual conduct' theme. If someone could enlighten me on this I would be grateful.

Reaction score
Hadith that benefits community are called communal Such as 1,2 3 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 nd 19..... Hadith for individual conducts are 4 6 7 8 9 12 13 17 18 20... :)
Guys i was getting confused about which Hadith are for the 'communal life' theme and which for the 'individual conduct' theme. If someone could enlighten me on this I would be grateful.

Reaction score
But the question isn't asking about the "Development" of the languages, is it ?
It is asking about the importance of the development of the languages ?
Jani here importance means comparison with that of Urdu as a national language..... Nd in conclusion u can say that although all of regional laguages were important and were developed but somehow urdu was seen as a unifying language nd so was chossen as N.lang

Reaction score
How much words (approx) would be adequate in this question? :
Q- Write about the life of Prophet (PBUH) up till the first revelation. (10)

Reaction score
Jani here importance means comparison with that of Urdu as a national language..... Nd in conclusion u can say that although all of regional laguages were important and were developed but somehow urdu was seen as a unifying language nd so was chossen as N.lang
Haha right.

I had another question to ask.

Somewhere around XPC I read that the maximum number of references you can write is 3 (Islamiat)

What about the questions regarding Quran as a basis of Islamic thought and action ? We can write like almost a dozen references in that.

Reaction score
Haha right.

Somewhere around XPC I read that the maximum number of references you can write is 3 (Islamiat)

What about the questions regarding Quran as a basis of Islamic thought and action ? We can write like almost a dozen references in that.
You might have misread it, or if not, then I don't think there is any such limit; in fact, the more, the better. ;)

Reaction score
Qusetions:
Q What was the Durand Line ?
Q What was the Rawalpindi Conspiracy ?
Q What was the Operation Search Light ?
Q What was BCCI scandal ?
Q What was Corperative Society Scandal ?
Aid :)

Reaction score
Qusetions:
Q What was the Durand Line ?
Q What was the Rawalpindi Conspiracy ?
Q What was the Operation Search Light ?
Q What was BCCI scandal ?
Q What was Corperative Society Scandal ?
Aid :)
Okay, I'll try... here we go:
1. Durand line was the line or boundary which separated the North-West Frontier of British India (modern-day Pakistan) from the tribal territories (modern-day Afghanistan).Lord Lytton put forward this idea. It was drawn out as a result of a Pact in 1893 between Sir Mortimer Durand and Amir Abdur Rahman Khan of Afghanistan. It was done to safe guard British India from the constantly fighting tribes.

2. It was a plan drawn out by Major General Akbar Khan and 14 other Pakistani officers. They resented that there were British officers in Pak army, and Liaquat would not remove them. So they decided to assassinate him but their plan was revealed by Ayub Khan. So M.G Akbar was court-martialled and put in jail. But the plan continued and Liaquat was assassinated by a man when he was addressing a public gathering in Rawalpindi on 16th October 1951.

3. It was launched by G. Yahya Khan. It was launched to crush Bengali nationalism. He said it was to restore order, but in reality, it was to wipe out all opposition. Mujib was arrested and thousands of Bengalis were murdered. Press censorship was imposed. Political activity was banned.

4. The BCCI was a bank in Pakistan founded by Agha Hasan Abedi, and was the 7th largest in the world. A British team of accountants investigated its practices. They found out that it was involved in fraud and manipulation. BCCI was closed and had to pay huge fines. It damaged Sharif's reputation.

5. These can accept money deposits from members. During Sharif's first term, due to mismanagement, they collapsed and became bankrupt. Millions of Pakistanis, many of them poor, lost their money (700,000 people in Punjab only). It was discovered that these Societies had granted huge loans of billions of rupees to Sharif's family business i.e the Ittefaq group. It also greatly scarred Sharif's reputation.

Hope all of this helps you.;):)(y)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Haha right.

u can write 5 but if u write 5 for each means 5 for thoughts (u can include references about articles of faith , truth) nd 5 for actions (about brotherhood, being kind towards relatives, forgiveness, generosity, justice, abstaning from lying hoarding nd adultry and soon) u can hope for achieving max marks.. nd If u want i can mention some of easy references that i have written down for this type of question