• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Plz help!!
Describe the main climatic differences (rrainfall and temperature) between regions of pakistan including provinces and main cities??

Reaction score
Plz help!!
Describe the main climatic differences (rrainfall and temperature) between regions of pakistan including provinces and main cities??
climate in pakistan vvaries because of different reasons:
one is altitude, the northern region includinng cities like muree gilgit kaghan chitral are more heighted nd so recieve precipatation in snowfall throught year either from relief rainfall, w.deprssion, little bit monnson rainfall from bay of bengal.there are coastal areas tooo including cities like gawadar nd karachi their climate is warm bcoz of maritime influence. Moreover there are arid zone areas like deserts of balochistan (kharan) nd thar in sindh nd punjab these areas are deprived of heavy rainfalls nd other sources like monson, here climate is very hot in summer nd cold in winter. Then there are flat areas including punjab cities like isb lahore nd others they are heavy vegetative area with allot of rainfall from monson nd w.depression, convectional rainfall these are most likely cool in winter nd hot in summer. In conclusion northern areas are cold due to altitude nd southern areas are hot due to nearness to equator

Reaction score
A Thought-Provoking article. Worth to read ;)
P.s lemme me know how correct is this.
At least it is not relevant to our CIE syllabus...:unsure:
But as for it's authenticity, that is a matter that should not concern us now and we should not start a debate on it... we should instead concentrate on our CIE's for the time being.;)

Reaction score
Another Q: Did Zia intend to liberalize his regime? (7) :cautious: :unsure:
I understand that it has got to do with removing restrictions or something from the political system, but can anybody give me specific reasons?
Thanx in advance!!! :D

Reaction score
climate in pakistan vvaries because of different reasons:
one is altitude, the northern region includinng cities like muree gilgit kaghan chitral are more heighted nd so recieve precipatation in snowfall throught year either from relief rainfall, w.deprssion, little bit monnson rainfall from bay of bengal.there are coastal areas tooo including cities like gawadar nd karachi their climate is warm bcoz of maritime influence. Moreover there are arid zone areas like deserts of balochistan (kharan) nd thar in sindh nd punjab these areas are deprived of heavy rainfalls nd other sources like monson, here climate is very hot in summer nd cold in winter. Then there are flat areas including punjab cities like isb lahore nd others they are heavy vegetative area with allot of rainfall from monson nd w.depression, convectional rainfall these are most likely cool in winter nd hot in summer. In conclusion northern areas are cold due to altitude nd southern areas are hot due to nearness to equator
Thanks buddy!! Really helpful :)

Reaction score
What is difference between western depression and summer monsoon rainfall?? and which areas get rain frim western depression and whivh from summer monsoon??

Reaction score
What is difference between western depression and summer monsoon rainfall?? and which areas get rain frim western depression and whivh from summer monsoon??
westen depression is: winds that orignate on mediteranian sea travel towards east when it enters into pakistan from afghanistan it loses its moisture and bring alot of rainfall. norhtern areas, Kpk, Quetta nd north of balochistan, northern punjab
Monsoon rainfal: In summer land heats up quickly while sea is slow in heating process, on land high pressure air is orginated which attracts air from sea and so when two air mat together condennsation took place. Mostly in Punjab area sindh and little bit rainfall is recieved in eastern side of kpk

Reaction score

I understand that it has got to do with removing restrictions or something from the political system, but can anybody give me specific reasons?

Reaction score

umm u can add his - privatization of industries
-improvement in relation with balochistan
others I dont know :/

Reaction score
Three Reasons Explain
-Referendum
-Elections
-Martial laws
Just explain all of these by giving little detail.

Reaction score
Also, what else am I supposed to study in climate?:(
1. Climate and weather definitions.
2. Climatic Zones: Highland, lowland, coastal and arid climates.
3. Factors affecting temperature
4.Sources of rainfall, their origins, months of year when they occur:
a) Monsoon: (Formation as well) b) Western Depressions c) Convectional currents causing Thunderstorms d) Relief Rainfall e) Tropical Cyclones
5.Effectiveness of Winter Precipitation
6.General Effectiveness of Rainfall
7.Effects of Climate on Life and Economic Activities of People in Different Regions
8.Floods: Causes, Effects, Solutions to reduce and prevent floods, Benefits of floods
9.Drought: Causes, Effects, Drought management (how to reduce/solve)

Other than these, there can be graphs to be interpreted, comparisons, general and other misc. questions etc.
Hope this helps you. :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
westen depression is: winds that orignate on mediteranian sea travel towards east when it enters into pakistan from afghanistan it loses its moisture and bring alot of rainfall. norhtern areas, Kpk, Quetta nd north of balochistan, northern punjab
Monsoon rainfal: In summer land heats up quickly while sea is slow in heating process, on land high pressure air is orginated which attracts air from sea and so when two air mat together condennsation took place. Mostly in Punjab area sindh and little bit rainfall is recieved in eastern side of kpk

Reaction score
Please explain the factors affecting climate or upload notes if there are?
I am not sure :unsure: about climate as a whole, but here are factors that affect temperature:

1. Latitudinal effect
2. Continental effect
3. Altitude and temperature
4. Cloud cover and temperature
5. Latitude and the angle of the sun

Hope this is what u were asking for. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
How can u say that this pic is expected? And also please can u post answer to the picture. Thanks
Sure. :)
I can see Gandhi with some people including both men and women
Gandhi is collecting salt with people to show his strength to the British and to disobey them
Gandhi started salt march in 1930 from his ashram in Ahmedabad to Dandi. He collected salt water from the sea and put it into pits, when the water evaporated salt was left behind. This showed his disobedience to the British as they had put tax on salt so Gandhi showed them that he collected salt without any tax