• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Dude, do you have the notes for the articles of faith and pillars? The other notes were super helpful! My e-mail address is [email protected]. Thanks in advance :D
Here's a link to a book that might help you: https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/mastering-olevel-islamiat-e-book-m-bilal-aslam.23555/:)
Also, I have attached notes which contain the Articles of Faith... they are made by me by the way. ;)
Also, if you need any further help/notes, then here is an awesome website which have very good Islamiyat notes: http://olevelislamiyat.blogspot.com (y)

Attachments

• Islamiat Notes.docx
    29.6 KB · Views: 33
Reaction score
AOA!
The grade thresholds or boundaries change every year... they depend on many factors like the difficulty of the paper compared to previous years papers, the percentile system etc.
According to what I have heard, there are two possible ways of percentile system:
1. The one who scores highest e.g 72, then those marks will be considered 100%, and the rest will be calculated out of that much e.g u got 64, so it will be calculated 64/72.
2. The marks are graded according to a percentile system... your marks are compared to others who did the exams, like if your marks are better than 85% of the candidates, you will get 85%; I think it's like it.
Personally, I think the second one is more convincing, as if according to first way, average marks of candidates is 50/100 (suppose), and if one 'genius' gets 90/100, so it would be unfair to others who will be scored 50/90, but actually the average was 50 (n). On the other hand, if second way is applied, then if avg. is 50 (and highest is 90), and somebody gets 60, so his marks will be compared to others: which will be very good , but the first way would have his marks being 60/90,which I do not think is fair.
These are not the only factors; the CIE also takes into account several other things as well. :)
And remember, there is no clear-cut way or method: this process is a complicated one which only CIE knows about properly. :p

Thanks man :D remember me in your prayers, cause I screwed up in p1 but I hope I can do well enough in p2 to get an A* :D

Reaction score
Wtite about how four rightly guided caliphs ruled in accordinance with the islamic values?
please tell me about its answer, some main points..

Reaction score
Someone pls answer this question
Write about how the four Rightly Guided Caliphs ruled during their caliphates in accordance with Islamic values.

Reaction score
Ok guys, both p1 and p2 with the grace of God were easy and I think the threshhold will sky rocket this time for Islamiyat

Reaction score
How was question 2 supposed to be done.

"How are Ahadith helpful in converting faith into action" smthing like that

Reaction score

AOA!
There is a range of opinion on this... some said that we had to write about the teachings for individual conduct, some said it was about Hadith as source of guidance, and some said we had to elaborate about the Pillars of Islam like Salat, Zakat, Hajj etc.
This was a broad question in my opinion, and I think there could be various acceptable answers for this.
I personally wrote a mix of teachings for individual conduct related to how it can help us practically implement our faith.
What about you? :)

Reaction score

I wrote that quran tell us to pray 5 times.. formats and rituals are explained by Sunnah. Explained Zakat as well that nisab is found in hadiths. I forgot other examples but some were Hajj, punishment of theft ( which I don't think so is valid point ) wbu?..

Reaction score
I wrote that quran tell us to pray 5 times.. formats and rituals are explained by Sunnah. Explained Zakat as well that nisab is found in hadiths. I forgot other examples but some were Hajj, punishment of theft ( which I don't think so is valid point ) wbu?..
I think that is also a suitable way to do that question, but I have a confusion that didn't the question say that using set passages from the syllabus? If so, then what examples could have been given while talking about Pillars of Islam? :unsure:

Reaction score
what were the questions ?
i have to give the paper but the variant is change in saudi arabia

Reaction score
What ive written is the individual conduct of muslims from the teachings of ahadith. i could be wrong but all of my classmates, they have written the same thing i.e individual conduct.....

Reaction score
AOA!
There is a range of opinion on this... some said that we had to write about the teachings for individual conduct, some said it was about Hadith as source of guidance, and some said we had to elaborate about the Pillars of Islam like Salat, Zakat, Hajj etc.
This was a broad question in my opinion, and I think there could be various acceptable answers for this.
I personally wrote a mix of teachings for individual conduct related to how it can help us practically implement our faith.
What about you? :)
Yea me too.

Actually I told us that it is necessary to follow the teachings of Islam as well as believe in the fundamental principles.
For example "One who only obeys the ... [the hadith about hte basic principles of islam ]" he well enter paradise, thus it is necessary to follow em.
Surah Asr verse 3 : "Those who believe as well as practise on the right"
And many other Ahadith.

But IMO , it was not like what people think had come in the past papers. It had a completely different approach. People tried to answer it through how the pastpapers had come (source of guidance, individual / communal ) but in my opinion it asked for "Why and How Does Hadith teach about "practising" your faith" You had to give little importance of faith and why it is necessary to implement upon them, what Ahadith say regarding the implementation and so on ... But again, this is just an opinion

Reaction score
What ive written is the individual conduct of muslims from the teachings of ahadith. i could be wrong but all of my classmates, they have written the same thing i.e individual conduct.....
We may have written a bit different answers, and hopefully there will be a margin for acceptance of different answers as it seemed to me a broad question, but let's leave it to Allah that we all will InshaAllah get good grades. :)