• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
can anyone tell me which chapters are really imp in geography and how should i prepaer them?

Don't know about which chapters are important but you should look at the mark scheme of the questions papers and the examiner report if you have time...

Reaction score
can anyone tell me which chapters are really imp in geography and how should i prepaer them?
well what i would suggest u is to make primary industries i.e. location, topography, agriculture, mining, forest, population, fishing your strong point

Reaction score
well what i would suggest u is to make primary industries i.e. location, topography, agriculture, mining, forest, population, fishing your strong point
thank you and can you please tell me where can i find the mark schemes ?

Reaction score
AOA!
Based on several teachers' and my own opinions, they are:
V.Imp: Population
V.Imp: Agriculture
Imp: Transport and Telecommunications
Imp: Industry
Imp: Trade
Imp: Power Resources

Other somewhat imp chapters include: Fishing, Climate
But remember, question can still come from any chapter, so its better to go thru others as well...
Also remember to go through past papers.
Hope this helps! :):D

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Regarding the ISLAMIYAT (2058/02) the second question was asking us how to use hadith to put faith into action. Teachers such as Sir Zafar Alam and Sir Khurrum have confirmed that this question demands the candidates to write down the relation between Quran and Hadith and how Hadith helps to further elaborate the details of the basic commands that the Holy Quran gives. The question asks us how we use hadith to put FAITH into action and carry out the pillars of Islam. For example the Holy Quran says: "Stealing man and woman, cut their hands." But the details about this are nowhere to be found in the Quran and the hadith of the prophet elaborates that hand is not to be cut for less than 10 dirhams, and hand would be cut from the wrist joint of the right hand. Moreover, you had to write that some things are only mentioned in the hadith of the Holy Prophet, such as: "The part of the garment below the ankle is in fire." and "Gold and Silk are made lawful for the women of my ummah and unlawful for my men." You could also talk about ethics.

If you wrote about communal/individual benefits, you are restricting yourself to writing about ONLY 10 - 20 hadith that are there in your syllabus, maybe you have identified less and the examiner would not be too impressed. Please note that NOWHERE in the question does it say anything about the key phrase "From the hadith of your syllabus..." Anyways, if you haven't done well in this question; worry not because this is the first time such a broad question has been asked and they will probably be lenient.

Today was the PAKISTAN STUDIES (GEOGRAPHY - 2058/02) paper. It went alright for me. I attempted questions 1, 3 and 5. I found the last question being the easiest. It's alright if you exceeded the line or wrote extra, since the invigilator said it's acceptable so long as you make it obvious that you intend the examiner to read it. Anyone appearing for their exams in EXPO HALL 6? Let me know. :p

Any tips for SECOND LANGUAGE URDU?
Please tell!

~Thanks.

Reaction score
what was (d) part for Q1
A motorway is proposed to go through Thatta,Hyderabad Kethar Bandar (idk the name).It is a town on the indus delta wid a pop of 25000...........why is there a need to build this motorway?to what extent can the proposal be achieved?

Reaction score
hey guys can you tell me how to attempt the summary in urdu and which muhawras should i learn ??
please help needed

Reaction score
Plz Aattempt (d) part for Q1 :(
AOA!
Ok I'll try... although I did not attempt it in the paper.

Ans- The motorway needs to be built as it will connect the small towns to the more developed urban areas. Businessmen and investors can then invest in these less developed areas, which will cause economic growth. The small-scale and cottage industries will also benefit from it as there products can be sent to the markets in urban areas. The proposed motorway can be built as the land is flat there, so it is easy to build. The main material required i.e cement is also available locally/ in Pakistan. Unskilled and cheap labour force/ labourers are also available. On the other hand, a lot of capital is required, which will be a burden on Pakistan's already indebted economy. The machines required for this will also have to be imported. There is lack of technical experts in Pakistan, so skilled labour would have to be hired from foreign countries. The population of that town is also low, so there would not be much return on investment.

I did not give examples as the question did not specify it, although you can give them if you want to.

Hope this helped you! :)