• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

pakistan studies p2 (geography)

Reaction score
look kido, for geography i'll suggest u go nowea other than ur text book. get a new notebook, read every chapther thoroughly, highlight/underline main point, and start writing dem down in ur notebook. repeat this for every chap. once u get a rough idea what is their in the course, open up the pastpapers and- mark my words- MEMORIZE the repeated questions. in olevelz the examiners hardly have variety and the questions are repeated now n den.
you learn more doing past papers than u do any other way. going for ppl's notes, reading extra/reference books etc etc is THE WORST idea ok? its not going to work. what u gota do is keep urself limited to ur book, UR OWN notes and the pastpapers. After all, at the end of the day u have to give a paper only. u wont b required to write any account of the several notes n books u read.

NOW. leme tel u what. i scored an A* in pkstudy. my history paper was awesome coz all the questions were repeated and since i had analysed the pastpapers n predicted the sequence of questions and the future posibility of their repition, i did selective study n left the entire 3rd section. i attempted the 1st 3 qs, which are always frm the 1st 2 sections.
now wat happened wid me in geography was that i couldnt see the wall clock and didnt knw how much time i was taking per question. i was in a mood and was meandering my way leisurly through the paper. n guess wat? i was left wid 15 mins and 1 whole question!!! i started breaking into a sweat.
but then wat happen?
good luck shined on me frm above:)
the entire question was repeated and i started writing without thinking. i wrote it all frm memory rather than understanding.
and..taratarra!!! i got an A*:) :)
soo? got my msg? hope my experience helps :)
How much percentage did u score man ? and plz tell me about these repeated questions in geography, because seldom have I ever seen a question getting repeated !

Reaction score
Agreed with apple ipad64:)p) bcz the more u go for extra resources the more u get confused, go for a single book, that's Huma Naz Sethi, Go through all the chapters VERY THOROUGHLY, writing all important notes in ur notebook, after u've finished the book, Now it's all about past papers, just leave NO QUESTION UNSOLVED BY YOU, and btw, I'm appearing for Pakistan Studies+Islamiat myself this session, and believe me, I was too worried about geography but this thread helped remove alot of misunderstandings, misconceptions, and questions (y) Good luck to me, and everyone else out there !!

Reaction score
Agreed with apple ipad64:)p) bcz the more u go for extra resources the more u get confused, go for a single book, that's Huma Naz Sethi, Go through all the chapters VERY THOROUGHLY, writing all important notes in ur notebook, after u've finished the book, Now it's all about past papers, just leave NO QUESTION UNSOLVED BY YOU, and btw, I'm appearing for Pakistan Studies+Islamiat myself this session, and believe me, I was too worried about geography but this thread helped remove alot of misunderstandings, misconceptions, and questions (y) Good luck to me, and everyone else out there !!
Im glad i could help :) May Allah reward u for your efforts:)
n one more thing i'd like to point out, the more u take interest in a subject, even if u dont like it deep down inside(like chemistry lol), the better u'll understand it and the easir u'll nail it:)
soo take things easy nomatter how complicated they are. its all a game. try playing it by your own chill-axed rules:))

Reaction score
and in whcih year did you give the exams?
i guess that was sumwea in 2010:p it feels like ages now hahah. coz Alevelz is so darn screwed up:/ specially if u dont have the teachers and the labs:)
so here is my message to all olevelz kids : Enjoy you o levels like. if un think its tough, its just the start dear!!! A levelz is olevels X 10:S

Reaction score
How much percentage did u score man ? and plz tell me about these repeated questions in geography, because seldom have I ever seen a question getting repeated !
there are no percentages. its threshold system.
secondly, about the repeated questions, look, u wont get an exact photocopy of the same thing. the situation and the scene in the question might be different, but the pattern of the questions is the same, getting me? like the features u learn for 1 place might b asked for some other place next time. u'll know what to write for how many marks if u've solved the pastpapers with markschemes.
one very important thing. DO NOT RELY ON RED SPOT ANSWERS. Many a time they are wrong. better consult the mark scheme b4 going for the solutions given ok?

n im sorry i cant b more specific about the repeated questions. actually its been more than 2 years i gave my exam...so i dnt remember the specifics:)

Reaction score
there are no percentages. its threshold system.
secondly, about the repeated questions, look, u wont get an exact photocopy of the same thing. the situation and the scene in the question might be different, but the pattern of the questions is the same, getting me? like the features u learn for 1 place might b asked for some other place next time. u'll know what to write for how many marks if u've solved the pastpapers with markschemes.
one very important thing. DO NOT RELY ON RED SPOT ANSWERS. Many a time they are wrong. better consult the mark scheme b4 going for the solutions given ok?

n im sorry i cant b more specific about the repeated questions. actually its been more than 2 years i gave my exam...so i dnt remember the specifics:)
I really appreciate your help, but can u tell me about this threshold system you are talking about ?

Reaction score
I really appreciate your help, but can u tell me about this threshold system you are talking about ?
its percentile. for example 200 candidates appeared from an area..and the highest percentage scored by the students among dem was not more than 88% - lets suppose- so 88% actually becomes an A*. they keep the rest of the grades according to this.
this is whats the system in A levels, in it happens now in Olevels too..

Reaction score
its percentile. for example 200 candidates appeared from an area..and the highest percentage scored by the students among dem was not more than 88% - lets suppose- so 88% actually becomes an A*. they keep the rest of the grades according to this.
this is whats the system in A levels, in it happens now in Olevels too..
Really New for me... I didnt knew about the percentile system :)

Reaction score
well if some one watns full geography and history notes.. i can provide u becasue em a teacher of pakistan studies in karachi.. and em currently teaching at 2 institutes. apart from that em starting a 8 day crash course from 13 april.. if some one wants to join they can.

Reaction score
well if some one watns full geography and history notes.. i can provide u becasue em a teacher of pakistan studies in karachi.. and em currently teaching at 2 institutes. apart from that em starting a 8 day crash course from 13 april.. if some one wants to join they can.
sir pls help me ,my xam is tmmrw cn i pls hv the geography notes today?