• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

pakistan studies p2 (geography)

Reaction score
look kido, for geography i'll suggest u go nowea other than ur text book. get a new notebook, read every chapther thoroughly, highlight/underline main point, and start writing dem down in ur notebook. repeat this for every chap. once u get a rough idea what is their in the course, open up the pastpapers and- mark my words- MEMORIZE the repeated questions. in olevelz the examiners hardly have variety and the questions are repeated now n den.
you learn more doing past papers than u do any other way. going for ppl's notes, reading extra/reference books etc etc is THE WORST idea ok? its not going to work. what u gota do is keep urself limited to ur book, UR OWN notes and the pastpapers. After all, at the end of the day u have to give a paper only. u wont b required to write any account of the several notes n books u read.

NOW. leme tel u what. i scored an A* in pkstudy. my history paper was awesome coz all the questions were repeated and since i had analysed the pastpapers n predicted the sequence of questions and the future posibility of their repition, i did selective study n left the entire 3rd section. i attempted the 1st 3 qs, which are always frm the 1st 2 sections.
now wat happened wid me in geography was that i couldnt see the wall clock and didnt knw how much time i was taking per question. i was in a mood and was meandering my way leisurly through the paper. n guess wat? i was left wid 15 mins and 1 whole question!!! i started breaking into a sweat.
but then wat happen?
good luck shined on me frm above:)
the entire question was repeated and i started writing without thinking. i wrote it all frm memory rather than understanding.
and..taratarra!!! i got an A*:) :)
soo? got my msg? hope my experience helps :)

(y)

Reaction score
its percentile. for example 200 candidates appeared from an area..and the highest percentage scored by the students among dem was not more than 88% - lets suppose- so 88% actually becomes an A*. they keep the rest of the grades according to this.
this is whats the system in A levels, in it happens now in Olevels too..
Hey man? dont you know that percentile system has been over now..!! It's been a year or more that percentile system has abolished. Now it's like 70/75 A* , something like that but it has a fix ratio!

Reaction score
Hey man? dont you know that percentile system has been over now..!! It's been a year or more that percentile system has abolished. Now it's like 70/75 A* , something like that but it has a fix ratio!
no. thats not true. i got my A* above 90 n it was written in my statement of result thatbi got frm cambrige.

Reaction score
H
look kido, for geography i'll suggest u go nowea other than ur text book. get a new notebook, read every chapther thoroughly, highlight/underline main point, and start writing dem down in ur notebook. repeat this for every chap. once u get a rough idea what is their in the course, open up the pastpapers and- mark my words- MEMORIZE the repeated questions. in olevelz the examiners hardly have variety and the questions are repeated now n den.
you learn more doing past papers than u do any other way. going for ppl's notes, reading extra/reference books etc etc is THE WORST idea ok? its not going to work. what u gota do is keep urself limited to ur book, UR OWN notes and the pastpapers. After all, at the end of the day u have to give a paper only. u wont b required to write any account of the several notes n books u read.

NOW. leme tel u what. i scored an A* in pkstudy. my history paper was awesome coz all the questions were repeated and since i had analysed the pastpapers n predicted the sequence of questions and the future posibility of their repition, i did selective study n left the entire 3rd section. i attempted the 1st 3 qs, which are always frm the 1st 2 sections.
now wat happened wid me in geography was that i couldnt see the wall clock and didnt knw how much time i was taking per question. i was in a mood and was meandering my way leisurly through the paper. n guess wat? i was left wid 15 mins and 1 whole question!!! i started breaking into a sweat.
but then wat happen?
good luck shined on me frm above:)
the entire question was repeated and i started writing without thinking. i wrote it all frm memory rather than understanding.
and..taratarra!!! i got an A*:) :)
soo? got my msg? hope my experience helps :)

Could you please tell me from which year of past papers should I start doing?