• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan studies.

Reaction score
Will be giving Pak Studies in Oct/Nov, I have the books, Just wanted some resource materials, a guidebook or something. :)
Thankyou. :D

Reaction score
for history read the books of nigel kelly and nigel smith and for geography, the book of huma naz sethi.Once u ll be done with these books completely and thoroughly u ll not find any need of other resources....

Reaction score
for history read the books of nigel kelly and nigel smith and for geography, the book of huma naz sethi......once u ll be done with these books completely and thoroughly u ll not find any need of other resources....
I agree with zainenayab..but my small hint to you is that if you are hoping to get an A* in pak stds. u must read the topics of geography carefully and understand them.After you are done with each chapter you should go to the internet and look up the topic you just studied...Gd luck

Reaction score
Will be giving Pak Studies in Oct/Nov, I have the books, Just wanted some resource materials, a guidebook or something. :)
Thankyou. :D
I agree with what everyone else has said. If you study Huma Naz Sethi (for P2) and Kelly (for P1), then you really don't need another resource. Here's a piece of advice: MAKE SURE YOUR TIME MANAGEMENT IS TOP NOTCH. I'm serious. No matter how well you've prepared, if you can't manage that, particularly in History, then all is in vain. So get in the habit of writing concisely, but completely. IA you'll get an A*. Plenty of time till November.
And another thing...for History:
1. Use Farooq Naseem Bajwa. Kelly is good, but if you really wanna get a complete picture of the events then Bajwa is your best bet.
2. Marking Schemes are exceptionally important. Always refer to them after you've completed a certain topic. Then list down all questions related to the topic at hand which came in the last 10 years with their marking scheme comments. Then try answering them all one by one. I'm attaching a file for reformers so that you can get an idea of what I mean.
3. Don't leave Section 3. Please. No seriously. Don't. Just don't :p
Geography: meh...trust your sense of logic. And give contemporary examples in questions worth 4 or more marks. This really increases the value of your answer.

Attachments

• History Past Papers- Reformers.docx
    611.3 KB · Views: 36
Reaction score
I agree with what everyone else has said. If you study Huma Naz Sethi (for P2) and Kelly (for P1), then you really don't need another resource. Here's a piece of advice: MAKE SURE YOUR TIME MANAGEMENT IS TOP NOTCH. I'm serious. No matter how well you've prepared, if you can't manage that, particularly in History, then all is in vain. So get in the habit of writing concisely, but completely. IA you'll get an A*. Plenty of time till November.
And another thing...for History:
1. Use Farooq Naseem Bajwa. Kelly is good, but if you really wanna get a complete picture of the events then Bajwa is your best bet.
2. Marking Schemes are exceptionally important. Always refer to them after you've completed a certain topic. Then list down all questions related to the topic at hand which came in the last 10 years with their marking scheme comments. Then try answering them all one by one. I'm attaching a file for reformers so that you can get an idea of what I mean.
3. Don't leave Section 3. Please. No seriously. Don't. Just don't :p
Geography: meh...trust your sense of logic. And give contemporary examples in questions worth 4 or more marks. This really increases the value of your answer.
Plz tell me what are contemporary examples?

Reaction score
For instance, a question of 4 marks asks for the advantages of afforestation projects...
So you can obviously write that they...
1. Help promote tourism
2. Generate employment
3. Preserve the natural environment
4. Prevent natural disasters
Contemporary examples for these can be as follows...
1. Name an area which has benefited from tourism after afforestation such as Chitral Gol national park, Mingora etc...
2. You can give examples of professions which forests generate. For instance, forest officers at Mingora. Or you could give the example of Horticulturists in Upper Punjab who specifically grow Eucalyptus for irrigated plantations.
3. Zhob national park has been under afforestation and now its a safe place for people to see Scrub forests. You could also quote examples of
4. The floods of 2011 in Punjab and Sindh were caused by increased surface runoff upstream. Afforestation can help prevent this as more trees mean lesser soil erosion.
Catch my drift?