• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Paper 53 Nov2011 chemistry answer discussion!!!!

Reaction score
I did 52 not 53 but i wanted to ask something, if i drew a table in pencil and filled in the headings in pencil would i still loose the marks? I wrote it in pencil first in case i changed anything but i didn't have time to write it in pen :( uuurgggh

Reaction score
i have the same question ::: i did the same thing but the headings were in Pen !

Reaction score
WhiteAngel said:
i have the same question ::: i did the same thing but the headings were in Pen !

I think if the table is in pencil it's okay, what worries me is that i actually wrote the headings in pencil too :S

Reaction score
i did paper53,most of them said it was easy, how was your question one, i am not sure about my answer :S

Reaction score
yep2, i thought it was going to be hard since our centre wasn't really focused on practicals, but it turned out to be.. errmmm.. i don't really sure whether whatever i wrote in it is correct or not :S

Reaction score
Opps! The second question, I divide the number of moles of oxygen atoms by (2X16) instead of just 16. I plotted the graph and I got the answer correct. But the comment on the graph is wrong since my table is wrong, which mean my y-axis also wrong. So my question 2 gone :'(

Reaction score
Paradise said:
Opps! The second question, I divide the number of moles of oxygen atoms by (2X16) instead of just 16. I plotted the graph and I got the answer correct. But the comment on the graph is wrong since my table is wrong, which mean my y-axis also wrong. So my question 2 gone :'(

how was your question one, i dont think i got it right :S

do you remember?

Reaction score
Question one was still okay but average only..I hope there is ecf for my question 2 by using the wrong table..:S

Reaction score
Paradise said:

so what is ur answer ? Pb3O4 also ?

Reaction score
Yupe I got Pb3O4..I'm able to get the answer all from my graph..but it is actually wrong..coz my number of moles of oxygen is wrong..:S

Reaction score
Paradise said:
Yupe I got Pb3O4..I'm able to get the answer all from my graph..but it is actually wrong..coz my number of moles of oxygen is wrong..:S

then how bout ur anomalous point...i gt the point 4 and point 8 i think...coz i also forgot wat i divided...but dun worry lah...it's ok...sure gt ECF one...then maybe just lose one mark for that...cheer up ! :)

Reaction score
Paradise said:

At first I plotted that...but then I sensed something fishy and changed it back to divide the mass over 16. ..And table with pencil is fine!

Reaction score
offerong said:
then how bout ur anomalous point...i gt the point 4 and point 8 i think...coz i also forgot wat i divided...but dun worry lah...it's ok...sure gt ECF one...then maybe just lose one mark for that...cheer up ! :)

The funny thing is the anomalous point for divided by 16 and divided by 32 are the same. O_O

Reaction score
AAestar said:
offerong said:

The funny thing is the anomalous point for divided by 16 and divided by 32 are the same. O_O

then based on ur experience..ll we get the ecf mark for that ? for the error that we had made..just deduct 1 mark for wrong calculated mole of oxygen...coz the answer no matter wat we divided..either 16 or 32 are the same...so i think they ll just deduct 1 mark for the mistake and other parts may based on our wrong ans ?

Reaction score
AAestar said:
offerong said:

but i think i still remember my first point for mole of oxygen is 0.029 ...if not mistaken...

Reaction score
offerong said:
Paradise said:

I hope there is just one mark was deducted :S hmm I actually have three anamolous point. Point 3,4 and 8..3 and 4 is actually quite near so I put them together with one explanation for them..>.< and my explanation was err...decomposition is not completed..and for point 8 is like..Erm....so solid is lost when heating..

Reaction score
Paradise said:
offerong said:
Paradise said:

I hope there is just one mark was deducted :S hmm I actually have three anamolous point. Point 3,4 and 8..3 and 4 is actually quite near so I put them together with one explanation for them..>.< and my explanation was err...decomposition is not completed..and for point 8 is like..Erm....so solid is lost when heating..

my explanation for both points are the same as yours :)