• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Percentile of AS Biology 9701

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm assuming most of you have given Biology AS exam, this year. I wanted to ask if most of you found paper 2 bizarre or is it just me? o_O
Cause if like most of you found it hard, then the threshold may fall down (Which im hoping does) cause the paper went really bad.

Reaction score
some people found it really bad some found it good some found it mediocre but most people if not all on the internet found it very hard. p.12 was a relatively easy paper but i was very stressed and did a lot of mistakes there were 5 questions in which id write the right answer first and then rub it and write something else because of my overthinking :( i don't think the GT for p.12 is low this time cause 10 questions were repeated!
how were your practicals? and how did the people around you find the papers?

Reaction score
Aahh, tell me about it. Did the exact same thing.
Well,I'm not much concerned about paper 12, I just hope the thresholds low overall. So that I could at least get a border line A
People found it pretty weird here, as well. Like, they weren't satisfied enough.
Practical was super easy, I loved it.

Reaction score
i don't remember the variant for the practicals that we did but did you get a question on respiring yeast cells and methylene blue and another question investigating the effect of temperature on yeast cells if so can you tell me what you wrote in your table?

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm assuming most of you have given Biology AS exam, this year. I wanted to ask if most of you found paper 2 bizarre or is it just me? o_O
Cause if like most of you found it hard, then the threshold may fall down (Which im hoping does) cause the paper went really bad.
Which variant are you talking about sis ? Cause I did variant 1's.

Reaction score
In the varient 33 paper, the sequence was 100, 80 , 40, with 40 being the respiring yeast cell, and 100 the dead one. P22 was not a routine paper, p12 was better, p33 was good. Threshold would be P12: 32/40 P22: 42/60 p33: 32/40.