• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

PERCENTILE OR PERCENTAGE

Reaction score
WHAT IS THE LOWEST MARKS FOR GETTING AN (A) IN PHY BIO MATHS ADDMATHS CHEM ENG URDU A PLZ TELL ME THAT IS THERE A PERCENTAGE OR PERCENTILE SYSTEM ?

Reaction score
there is always an PERCENTILE SYSTEM in cambridge.
secondly these are average percentile for the subjects
Physics 82% +
Biology 83 % +
maths 83 %+
addmaths 82 % +
chem 82 % +
English 75 +
Urdu A 75 +

Reaction score
Those are quite accurate Uxair, curious on how you have collected you collected the data. But from what I have seen, those are definitely correct.
I remember giving commerce exam and my teacher told me 100/120 will secure you an A* which is roughly the same for those science subjects at ~ 83 %.

Reaction score
YAR UZAIR ARE U CONFIRM ARE THESE THE PERCENTILES SO THEN GETTING A WOULD BE EASY IN ENGLISH AND URDU AND OTHER SUBJECTS ALSO ??????????

Reaction score
i am damn CONFIRM :)
but Please note that these are AVERAGE PERCENTILE for the subjects
which means that most of the time percentile are in these ranges :)
hope you are getting my point :)

Reaction score
xcalibur said:
Those are quite accurate Uxair, curious on how you have collected you collected the data. But from what I have seen, those are definitely correct.
I remember giving commerce exam and my teacher told me 100/120 will secure you an A* which is roughly the same for those science subjects at ~ 83 %.

thanks a lot :)
i have colected these material from a lot of best O level teachers :)

Reaction score
for both subjects 75 % + is enough for A , that is because these subjects looks easy but infact these are tough and percentile is low because candidates dont do quite well in these subjects

Reaction score
hey ur sayin dat in sciences A grade is mstly on 82-83 percentile.. cn u plx tell me 82 percentile is usually equal to how many marks??

Reaction score
it's different for different science subjects :)
because the total marks for each science subject is different :)

Reaction score
hey bro UxaiR, i had this question lingering on my mind...please clear this out for me:
Do our results get published online?....On 12th August we recieve our certificate right, will it have our marks written? Or does that only come out on the statement of results??..If so, when do we get to know our marks for each subject?
thank you

Reaction score
result is publish online if someone have appeared as Private candidate, other wise you would get your result from your school they would not give and original certificate on 12 august,, it would be a photocopy of your original result and the original one would be given to you later

here is a sample for the statement of result for june 2010 candidates

Reaction score
Candidates in Pakistan won't get that certificate, though.
Only the grades will be mentioned... because the Pakistani governments has asked the board not to mention the percentile %'s.
That is what my teacher told me... and I'm pretty sure thats reliable information as the school has direct connections to the British Council.

Reaction score
thanks bro uxair....but one doubt still remains....do we get to know the marks on 12th August, i.e will it be written on that photocopied piece of paper?
thank you

Reaction score
percentage uniforms marks would be written on the photocopy but on the original NO percentage uniform would be written

Reaction score
hey.. uzair can i hav ur email adress.. need to ask u some imp things.. hotmail one..
one thing i wana ask i that on 12 we will get printed result..frm school on which our % of each subject will be written..
then we will get statement of result right?? when will we get that and will our % of each subject be written thr??
lastly we we get certificate.. when will we gt that and will our % be thr??
plzz answer my queston clearly.. =p

Reaction score
you would get just two papers one of them would be recieved on 12 AUGUST
it is of white background and same as the above showed picture and percentage uniforms marks would be shown on it

the second one would be issued any anytime by the school maybe one week or maybe 2 weeks
it would be with light yellow background and percentage uniform marks would NOT be shown on it

NOTE : percentage uniforms marks are not your actuall marks :)

if any more questions / problems let us know and post it in this thraed or make a new thread so that everyone could be helped my E-mail :)