• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

percentile system

Reaction score
hey guys is really the percentile system abolished for olevels and igcse and now they would be giving marks on percentages ......................... kindly help !!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Reaction score
No, the percentile system is still intact. Don't worry. I know a lot of people have been spreading such rumours but CIE has not abolished percentile.

Reaction score
i heard that CIE introduced percentage uniform marks (watever it is) last year.....

Reaction score
Yes, percentile HAS been abolished. I confirmed it from many CIE authorized teachers (who check CIE papers). There is no percentile system now (in O' Lvls atleast). Not sure about IGCSE

However, percentile is still there in A' Levels

Reaction score
Humza Mehbub said:
Yes, percentile HAS been abolished. I confirmed it from many CIE authorized teachers (who check CIE papers). There is no percentile system now (in O' Lvls atleast). Not sure about IGCSE

Please send an E-mail to British council and see their reply !! they told me that Percentile is still there !! these are just rumours !!

Reaction score
salmanpakrocks said:
Humza Mehbub said:

Please send an E-mail to British council and see their reply !! they told me that Percentile is still there !! these are just rumours !!

Please post screenshot of their EMAIL.

Thanks

Reaction score
niazbeen said:
guys can u please tell me what is percentile system??????? :)
lets give u an example
there are two boys A and B
the paper comes difficult one so the highest marks in maths was acheived by A which were 90
so according to percentile system the percentage of B will be Calculated from the highest marks which were of A so here is the formula to calculate the percentage of B
suppose B gets 75 so
(75/90)*100 so the percentage of B is 83 which is an A !! this way the threshold of acheiving A grade will be low !!

Reaction score
Humza Mehbub said:
salmanpakrocks said:
Humza Mehbub said:

Please post screenshot of their EMAIL.

Thanks
I think I have deleted that E-mail way before but why don't you conform by asking the British Council yourself ?

Reaction score
I asked them and they said that they fix grade boundaries for every subject every year, in that way if a question paper appears to be harder or easier than the previous year they lower or raise the grade boundaries for eg in 2004 the grade boundaries for pak std were set as follows
Paper1 A = 52 or above
Paper2 A = 54 or above
They change the grade boundaries every year though but they still do set them.

Reaction score
YEAH percentile is there the newly introduced UNIFORM MARKS system will only enable the students to see where they stand on a specific grade IT has nothing to do with percentile system...

Reaction score
AnGeL.Of.DaRkNeSs said:
YEAH percentile is there the newly introduced UNIFORM MARKS system will only enable the students to see where they stand on a specific grade IT has nothing to do with percentile system...
totally true !!