• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Petroleum engineering scope

Reaction score
Is it fine to opt petroleum engineering after A levels? I have heard several people saying that there is no point of doing petroleum engineering when you will have no petrol after 10 years?
any views about it? ANd what about the jobs? Can petroleum engineers get high paid jobs?

Reaction score
nobody knows for sure when the fossil fuels are going to run out. are you interested in any other field as well?

Reaction score
nobody knows for sure when the fossil fuels are going to run out. are you interested in any other field as well?
I am not certain about it.Though I will consider Mechanical and Chemical engineering, Petroleum will be my first choice :p

Reaction score
I am not certain about it.Though I will consider Mechanical and Chemical engineering, Petroleum will be my first choice :p
i have the same query and face the same problem :/ so ii am going to choose mechanical as second option :/

Reaction score
currently petroleum engineers gets highest paying jobs world wide, there is no question about.I m not sure about future ,Although it looks like that its gonna fade away in the upcoming years ! My choice is Mechanical ;)