• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics AS Paper 22 .... Discussion

Reaction score
hyy ,

post up ur qs here ... only today is left so lets hurry up n get all the past papers done with ...
the reason i made a new thread is because the ones discussing them now have really got cramped n confusing ...

so fire away ...

help me out wd this too

best of luck
cheers

msk

Reaction score
its so easy....first part extension is 2e...second part it is 0.5e and third part it is 1.5 e.......for value of k 1/e cause
k is directly proportional to 1/e......

Reaction score
dude dtz nt much of explainin ...
lyk cn u explain da K part ??
im just gttin confused in dat ??

Reaction score
First part the two strings are in series so : e+e = 2e Therefore : Since l=ke , l=k2e thus k=1/2(l/e) and since l/e is k .....it will be 1/2k

second part the two strings are in parallel so : 1/e + 1/e = e/2 therefore since l=ke , l=ke/2 thus k = 2(l/e) and since l/e is k ..... it will be 2k

third part is two string are parallel and serial to one string so : e/2 + e = 3/2e therefore since l=ke , l=3/2(ke) thus k = 2/3(l/e) and since l/e is k ...... it will be 2/3(k)

Reaction score
4b is Young Modulus is stress/ strain
stress (from the graph) =9*10^8 Pa
strain=0.013

Reaction score
4c....here, u subtract the area of the cylindrical rod by the area when the rod is under tensile stress
---->from the graph, the tensile stress is 9*10^8 Pa...this is when the rod has the smallest cross sectional area (due to necking)
stress= force / area
area= force/ stress
force = 1.9*10^3 N
stress = 9*10^8 Pa
so ur area will be 2.11* 10^-6 m^2

so (3.2*10^-6) - (2.11* 10^-6) = 1.2*10^-6m^2!!

Reaction score
what about part (c) and i havent really understood part b !! can u explain it further ??

Reaction score
Abdulrab said:
what about part (c) and i havent really understood part b !! can u explain it further ??

ok listen to me
for b the graph is of strain against stress ryt?
the formula of the young modulus is stress/ strain
so if the graph is of stress against strain we can take out young modulus by taking out the gradientof the graph
but as it is of strain against stress graph the young modulus would be reciprocal of the gradient of the graph thus take out the gradient and the reciprocal it its you young modulus!!! get it???

Reaction score
mury456 said:
dude dtz nt much of explainin ...
lyk cn u explain da K part ??
im just gttin confused in dat ??

ok so.....just remember to find k u have to do inverse of ur value of e
like if e is 3/2 then value of k would b 2/3

HOPE THIS HELPS U......:)

Reaction score
every point of the new wave is lagging by 60' so every point is drawn after 5 boxes(of wave W)

Reaction score
its givn so in the mark scheme ? ?
λ = (330 × 100)/550
λ = 60 cm

cn u explain this ???
thkx:D