• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

physics AS unit 3 discussion

Reaction score
guys, for Q1 why is the answer 1.000m ? :/
find the average of the 4 values and you get 999.75 mm (add them and divide by 4)
round to the 4 significant figures (because that is the precision of the given values) and you get 1000 mm
divide by 1000 to get metres (ie 1m)
but you have to give the answer to 4 significant figures because that is the precision of the given values :)

Reaction score
Now we can discuss it I got a huge numbrr for the gradient and I didnt convert it into meter am i going to lose marks ? My scale was 0.02 0.04 on x axis and on y axis 1000 1200 1400 1600, and what about the first question which choice is it ? Is it A ?
I took the same scale as well, and you'll get a huge number for gradient if you take the x axis in cm..
gradient would be cm s^-1 in this case and you'd have to divide by 100 to change it into ms^-1, i guess. I'm not sure if it's a must to change to ms^-1, the question says to find gradient from your graph, regardless whether you take x axis in meters or cm