• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics ATP; 24 hours passed

Whats the overall grade you guys are expecting in Physics?

• Distinction

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • A*

Votes: 20 40.8%
  • A

Votes: 20 40.8%
  • B

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Less than B

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
Reaction score
A clamp isn't for used for taking readings easily. It is used to prevent the thermometer from coming in contact with the walls of the beaker, since we need to measure the temperature of the water not the beaker.
clamp can also provide easiness to take reading,, without clamp you have to take out thermometer and value will not be accurate...........you are right but you misunderstood the question question was how it was helpful to use clamp thermometer not touching walls of beaker doesn't makes any sense

Reaction score
if the bulb is faulty, it means it has a fault, it maybe that the wire or any connection has been broken in the bulb or any part so how could current pass through it ??????
if the bulbs are faulty circuit that comes after them would hav no current....so the could be faulty as z was b4 them!

Reaction score
yr the bulb wala question was halwa.. yr the bulbs which were in parallel were not lighted but last bulb was lighted dimmly this means current was passing through circuit the parallel bulbs had more ressitance so they were not lighted the battery was not powerfull to suppy current to both current but when the current reached the last bulb it lighted it up dimmly......CONCLUSION: battery was not powerful and the battery was running down!!!

Reaction score
what is normally the percentage for distinction in any subject tell me the range..............

Reaction score
what is normally the percentage for distinction in any subject tell me the range..............
98%-100%.
It is possible to obtain a regional distinction at 98 or 99%, but world distinction is only confirmed at 100% :p

Reaction score
98%-100%.
It is possible to obtain a regional distinction at 98 or 99%, but world distinction is only confirmed at 100% :p

han aik na aik dash hota hai duniya mein .. jo 100% kay 100% lay leta hai :D

Siwaye Maths kay .. Jis mein tu regional bhi 100 pe hi hoti hai .. atleast in Pakistan :)

Last year Karachi say hi khaali 12 logoon ki world distinction aayi thi in Maths!!!

Reaction score
what u wrote fr using clamp fr thermometer nd why beaker placed close
i wrote k so that the therm does not touch beaker's sides which could disturb actual readings because of heat transfer between the beaker walls and therm...

Reaction score
I think it would be right, coz this can be a possible explanation :p
the question hinted about the answer: the student used an "old magnet" so i think it was better to write about the magnets demagnetisation or de alignment.. i think

Reaction score
hey if i wrote that the students body temperature cud affect the reading in the clamp one.....would that be correct??