• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics ATP discussion

Reaction score
THIS IS A TYPICAL EXAMPLE:
imgres

here's the link if it takes an eternity to load:http://www.google.com.pk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/images/wiki/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6c/CarpentersRule.png/180px-CarpentersRule.png&imgrefurl=http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/dictionary.asp%3Fdictionary%3Dnon-english%26reference%3Denglish%26education%3Druler%26information%3DGreek&usg=__WgVUmPZItbO51HZxyXWKfeNq0cg=&h=128&w=180&sz=50&hl=en&start=11&zoom=1&itbs=1&tbnid=CRjOG96E9b_tOM:&tbnh=72&tbnw=101&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmeter%2Brule%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D677%26gbv%3D2%26tbm%3Disch&ei=yczXTarNBoiSuAPNzri-Bw

Reaction score
maestro007 said:
i wrote circuit 2 cause it had only one resistor connected in parellel.
wht abt u?
yar da Q asking which diagram doesn't agree with the original??
so the ans was 3........

Reaction score
tanseer said:
maestro007 said:
i wrote circuit 2 cause it had only one resistor connected in parellel.
wht abt u?
yar da Q asking which diagram doesn't agree with the original??
so the ans was 3........

dude it was 2.....1, 3 and 4 were the same as the original one..The way it was arranged was just different.

Reaction score
From the first question:
1) Measuring tape
2) 175.2
3) Error in measuring
Don't rem the rest !

From the second question:
1)Focal Lenth

From the third question:
1)Parallel
2)1.5V
3)0.1A
4)Circuit 2

From the fourth question:
1) Initial temperature, thermometers.
Don't rem the rest.

Reaction score
There are always plenty of options in questions related to apparatus so you could've written things like volume of liquid, thickness of test-tube walls, materials used to make apparatus, thermometers etc in the fourth question. On a side note, was the graph supposed to pass through the origin? Oh, and what happened when h=2?

Reaction score
SuperDude said:
There are always plenty of options in questions related to apparatus so you could've written things like volume of liquid, thickness of test-tube walls, materials used to make apparatus, thermometers etc in the fourth question. On a side note, was the graph supposed to pass through the origin? Oh, and what happened when h=2?

It wasn't crossing the origin so it was 0. That's what i wrote.

Reaction score
XainJaffery said:
SuperDude said:

Yup, that's exactly what I wrote.

Reaction score
SuperDude said:
XainJaffery said:
SuperDude said:

Yup, that's exactly what I wrote.

at any height the car moves some distance so it cant be zero yr.

Reaction score
its circuit three because:
a) in the original circuits all were in parallel
b) in circuit three all were in parallel
c) in circuit two one was in series and two in parallell

So..circuit 3 is correct..i hope so..Allah pls make it happen :p

Reaction score
the distance asked was `d` it was not the whole distance..many of u are misunderstanding it with the whole distance..the distance `d` was zero coz by the graph confirms this fact..writing that the car was stationary is wrong..i hope i am right

Reaction score
but atleast the car will move some distance although small ??? how can it go down the slope and then stop auotmatically?? although uts a small height for the slope but ITS A SLOPE

Reaction score
no it will stop at the bottom of the slope as the force is not enough to move any further distance...

Reaction score
d would be 0 because it was clearly given tht d was the linear distance n clearly according to the graph which intersected x-axis at 3.5 a height greater than 3.5 was required to obtain a value of 'd'!!

Reaction score
I DONT GET IT????? HOW CAN IT BE ZERO??? it may travel a very very very small distance but saying it zero doesnt seem logical

Reaction score
maestro007 said:
guess there is no value for intelligence these days! wht u say silent hunter?

The question told us to consult our graph, and the line intersected the x-axis at a point greater than 2. This means that that with a height of 2, d would've been 0 and the car would've stopped at position 2. That's the only thing that made sense tbh.

Reaction score
I know why d=0, because when the car will be released from a very small height, its bonut will come into contact with the floor and the car will stop as it is at a very low speed....the car will not stop at other heights because the speed of the car is high enough to avoid the force needed stop the car by the collision of its bonut with the floor...