• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics ATP Paper 4

Reaction score
For the ammeter and voltmeter...we tap them in order to reduce the friction between the needle and the pivot

Reaction score
we tap the voltmeter to ensure that the pointer is moving freely so that accurate reading can be ensured.

Reaction score
adnanj said:
plz explain the purpose of fudicial Marker and Trundle Wheel..

Fiducial Marker is used as a reference point to take a reading of eg length of something.
Trundle wheel is used for roughly measuring a distance..better use measuring tape instead of trundle wheel for length measurements.

Reaction score
Silent Hunter said:
GIVE PRECAUTIONS WHICH YOU COULD TAKE TO ENSURE THAT VOLTAGE WAS DETERMINED ACCURATLY?

-Avoid Parallax error when reading from the scale
-Make sure you have connected the Voltmeter correctly.
-If the needle goes beyond zero mark it means your connection are wrong.
-Make sure are external factors are constant in all the readings eg temperature etc.

Reaction score
no.mercy said:
adnanj said:

Fiducial Marker is used as a reference point to take a reading of eg length of something.
Trundle wheel is used for roughly measuring a distance..better use measuring tape instead of trundle wheel for length measurements.

in which case is trundle wheel used?? i mean where measuring tape is not suitable???

Reaction score
adnanj said:
no.mercy said:
adnanj said:

in which case is trundle wheel used?? i mean where measuring tape is not suitable???

hmmm..for that i dont know but it is most probable that measuring tape and trundle wheel can be written in answers regarding length but the problem with trundle wheel is that it is inaccurate as its tape does not moves in a linear fashion and it adds the extra distance..whereas its advantage is that for each metre passed it gives a click sound.

Reaction score
yaar where can i get the answrs to the question sheet of physics atp
please if anyone has the answers upload them i would be very thankfull

Reaction score
plzz ans these q's!! :)

Q24: GIVE A REASON FOR MAKING THE LENGTH OF EACH NORMAL AT LEAST 6CM?
Q29: GIVE PRECAUTIONS WHICH YOU COULD TAKE TO ENSURE THAT VOLTAGE WAS DETERMINED ACCURATLY?
Q36: WHAT IS THE MEANING OF „NEAREST 0.2OC‟ WHEN RECORDING THE TEMPERATURE?
Q27: WHAT WOULD BE THE EFFECT ON THE IMAGE IF THE CENTRE OF THE OBJECT AND THE CENTRE OF THE LENS ARE NOT AT THE SAME HEIGHT?
Q11: WHAT IS A MENT “GOOD ELECTRICAL” CONNECTION?
Q10: WHY AN IMAGE IS OBSERVED (OR MEASURED) FROM A POSITION BEHIND THE SCREEN RATHER THAN IN FRONT?
Q8: A LIQUID REACHING THE MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE QUICKLY. GIVE ONE REASON?

Reaction score
ans 29.1. tap the voltmeter before using. 2. when reading the voltmeter make sure that you avoid parallax error. 3. ensure that the votlmeter is connected in parrallel with the bulb or whatever.

Reaction score
The molecules of the liquid are always in motion therefore they set up convectional currents in the liquid when it is heated and the temperature of the liquid rises quickly.