• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
ummmmmmm guys can any body help me plz ?
i want a convincing anwer to 'use the kinetic theory to explain the process of diffusion' !!

Reaction score
ummmmmmm guys can any body help me plz ?
i want a convincing anwer to 'use the kinetic theory to explain the process of diffusion' !!
Diffusion is the movement of one kind of particles through another kind due to its kinetic energy (that makes it move).
hope dat helped..

Reaction score
Diffusion is the movement of one kind of particles through another kind due to its kinetic energy (that makes it move).
hope dat helped..
but this question normally would be for 3 marks ,,, so this anwser would be enough !!
but thanx anyway :)

Reaction score
what does the square sign indicates in things like (CH2)2 -CH2-CH3
BREAKING BOND, FORMING BOND, BOND ENERGY AND WHAT IT HAVE TO DO WITH EXOTHERMIC AND ENDOTHERMIC

my unsolved questions remain unsolved, need help

Maz

Reaction score
BREAKING BOND, FORMING BOND, BOND ENERGY AND WHAT IT HAVE TO DO WITH EXOTHERMIC AND ENDOTHERMIC

I am sorry i have no answer for the first question.

For the second,
exothermic reactions involve forming bonds. eg freezing of water, where water molecules lose heat energy and bonds are formed.
endothermic reactions involve breaking of bonds. eg. boiling of water, where water molecules take in heat energy needed to break the bonds.

Reaction score

square signs like what?

Reaction score
Summer 2009 Chemistry Paper 32.
Can anyone teach me the Question Part B in Page number 7? Please help as soon as possible!

Maz

Reaction score
Nitrates nitrites... which metals give nitrates and which give nitrites quickly exam is tomorrow!
Sodium and potassium decompose when heated to their nitrites and oxygen.
lesser reactive metals decompose to form their oxides, nitrogen dioxide and oxygen.