• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
how????
all plants cant move from there position rite!!!
No they can, like not move frm one place to another but they can move like phototropism , geotropism they grow towards the light or gravity as in the movement is not rapid , some plants even move wen u touch them..

NIM

Reaction score
No they can, like not move frm one place to another but they can move like phototropism , geotropism they grow towards the light or gravity as in the movement is not rapid , some plants even move wen u touch them..
can u plz giv me an example of a plant which can move if touched...
thnx in advance!!!

Reaction score
For 1999 i couldn't find p1 :S
n 2002 :The question is which would NOT remove the colour of bromine?
The colour would NOT change wen bromine CANNOT displaces any of these halides now bromine CANNOT displace itself
so 1 will be KBr and bromine CANNOT diplace chlorine as it is higher in the reactivity series so 2nd in KCl
the ans will be A KCl and KBr
Tyvm, check the link and you will find 1999 ;)

Reaction score
Tyvm, check the link and you will find 1999 ;)
Ohk yea found it..
21 : As potassium is very reactive potassium metal cannot be used but hydroxide and carbonate can so i think i'll be C
35 : lime is used in makin cement so i think i'll be B

Reaction score
Ohk yea found it..
21 : As potassium is very reactive potassium metal cannot be used but hydroxide and carbonate can so i think i'll be C
35 : lime is used in makin cement so i think i'll be B
why being reactive doesnt allow it to be used?

Reaction score
Hey guys in chemistry when do we use a pippete, a burette and a measuring cylinder to measure volumes. Im asking this question becoz many questions including those 3 come in paper 1.

Reaction score
the most accurate is burette then pipette and then measuring cylinder ..
Hey guys in chemistry when do we use a pippete, a burette and a measuring cylinder to measure volumes. Im asking this question becoz many questions including those 3 come in paper 1.

Reaction score
a pipette measures fixed volumes like 25cm^3 ...a burette measures volumes to one decimal place and so is used for experiments like titration where accuracy is required ,while measuring cylinder is used when precision and accuracy is not required....

Reaction score
a pipette measures fixed volumes like 25cm^3 ...a burette measures volumes to one decimal place and so is used for experiments like titration where accuracy is required ,while measuring cylinder is used when precision and accuracy is not required....
Thx alottttttttt :)

Reaction score
pipate is for fixed volume eg 25cm3
burette is for accurate measurement of a certain small volume in ml liike the one used in titration
measuring cylinder is for bigger volumes depending on its capacity.