• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Reaction score
Just think about D is the only choice where iron is covered with zinc!!
I don't think you understood me, it says in the question composition I.e what it's made of and when it's galvanized it is just covered with zinc and not made up of zinc :/

Reaction score
I don't think you understood me, it says in the question composition I.e what it's made of and when it's galvanized it is just covered with zinc and not made up of zinc :/
Well definitely the amount of iron in this question will be much more than the amount of zinc..thats how i thought about it if u still didnt understand u might wanna ask some1 else :D

Maz

Reaction score
Composition does not refer to the composition of the compound unless stated eg. the composition of iron oxide is iron and oxygen. In this q. composition merely means what it is made of.

Reaction score
It didn't say iron oxide it said impure iron i.e pig iron which is turned into steel by adding oxygen and calcium oxide that neutralises the acidic impurities so the answer is calcium :D
Ready for paper 1??U look like an A* student to me :p

Reaction score
can someone explaine me these:-
biology june 1999 Q 26 i know it is mitosis but why cell enlargment
nov 2000 Q24 why did the plemule bend upward though there os no light
nov 1998 Q 10 why isn't the answer bile and

q 11 why is itt ph 8 not 7

Maz

Reaction score
Firstly, from where in the world did you get such old papers? (please post the link.)
And why are you solving them in the first place. Don't tell me you have completed all the latest ones.

Reaction score
for june 1999 because the cell need to get bigger and then divide, get bigger and then divide. (imnot very sure of this)
for nov 2000 Q.24 u shud memorize that naturally the plumule has negative geotropism and radicle has positive geotropism and so the answer is C
for nov 1998 Q.10 because bile emulsify the fats they dont digest it only enzymes digest fats or oil into fatty acids or glycerol
Q.11 because of the temperature optimum temperature for enzyme action is 37 degrees Celsius and ph 8 isnot very different from ph 7 :D

Reaction score
i knew why because growth is defined as the increase in dry mass due to the increase in the number of cells or the size of the cells and now im very sure of this :D

Reaction score
A very simple question from me... What is the difference between evaporation and crystallisation... What does one method offer that the other does not? I'm posing this question because both methods of separation seem to satisfy the same objective: extracting a dissolved substance from a solution...
Another difference: Crystallisation forms crystals that are 100% pure, unlike evaporation.

Reaction score
Firstly, from where in the world did you get such old papers? (please post the link.)
And why are you solving them in the first place. Don't tell me you have completed all the latest ones.
actualy i've almost completed the recent papers :D bcuse i finished the other exams since 21 may.

Attachments

• Questions Paper 1 June 1994 -- 2004.pdf
    8.5 MB · Views: 8
  • Biology_AnswersP1P3P6-1993-2003.pdf
    8.6 MB · Views: 7
Reaction score
i knew why because growth is defined as the increase in dry mass due to the increase in the number of cells or the size of the cells and now im very sure of this :D
thanks alot inshallah you will get A* cause ur so smart :)

Reaction score
Actually, the old questions sometimes repeat themselves in the recent exams!:D