• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
3 ii chloro means chlorine and it is a photochemical reaction means it needs light you have to Learn it!!
c this are supposed to be learned DO YOU HAVE A TEXT BOOK?? well here are some notes might help
d i C3H6 is propene see how many carbons are there and Hydrogen in the drawing just add a double bond!
ii ATTACHMENT
Untitled.png FORGOT TO PUT THE n
iii polymers are just like plastics and sometimes even plastic so you know plastics are non biodegradable and burning them makes gases like Carbon monoxide which are toxic

Attachments

• Chemistry Revision Notes 2012 (1).pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 2
  • Chemisty IGCSE updated till Syllabus.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 1
Reaction score
View attachment 27177
So all these scores here are out of 200? Some of them seem unbelievable such as 158/200 for an A*. That basically means 79% is an A*, someone explain please
I was also really confused about the grade thresholds, especially after looking at the ones for chemistry. Last year, for one of them, you only needed a 131/180 to get an A*. :confused: Someone please explain!

Reaction score
i have a problem with the chemical reactions chapter
so when the get u a graph of a rate of reaction and they say sketch the graph of the same experiment using a more concentrated acid for example,when do we join the two graphs (same end volume of hydrogen for example) and when do we not?

Reaction score
I was also really confused about the grade thresholds, especially after looking at the ones for chemistry. Last year, for one of them, you only needed a 131/180 to get an A*. :confused: Someone please explain!
because many people on earth are dumb including me
and if most of them get bad grades people would stop taking IGCSE and then you what happens!

Reaction score
guys MAY JUNE 2011 V 31 CHEMISTRY P3 Q 5 PART B can someone explain y the third rxn isnt redox and y the first one is??? also q 6 same year y isnt butane first obtain by fractional distillation of petroleum and then by craking u get butene and then by adding steam we get butanol??? PLZZZ

Reaction score
It's weird though, because teachers have always told us we need grades like 90% to get A*s.. I guess not?
Anyway, chemistry definitely isn't my strongest subject either, I really hope the thresholds will be low this year as well. :3 Good luck everyone, A*s inshaAllah! (y)

Reaction score
guys MAY JUNE 2011 V 31 CHEMISTRY P3 Q 5 PART B can someone explain y the third rxn isnt redox and y the first one is??? also q 6 same year y isnt butane first obtain by fractional distillation of petroleum and then by craking u get butene and then by adding steam we get butanol??? PLZZZ
5b i really don't know what the M.S is saying i would say because bound breaking takes place and that is exothermic Bounds break because electrons are lost so they split up then to become and atom electrons are gained
Wait can you provide a link http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Chemistry (0620)/0620_s11_qp_32.pdf is it this one cause i don't see Question 5 haveing 3 equations

Reaction score
I have a doubt on making polymers and monomers. Help is needed
POlymers are made from monomers (the small repeating units) ..
★Condensation polymerisation : small molecules are lost like water or OH when the monomers are joining together
★Addition polymerisation : polymers are formed due to rearrangement of bonds only WITHOUT losing any molecules

Reaction score
Reaction score
assalamu alaykom...
chemistry question:
can someone please explain for me how does a voltaic cell work and what are the differences between sacrificial protection and cathodic protection?
Thank you in advance:)