• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
There is no naturally existing metal that is a non-conductor.
But their free electrons can be extracted using the latest methods. (which is out of the syllabus)
The New Artificially created metals can be made Non-Conductors.
But No naturally occurring metal is an insulator. That's a Fact!

Well, that makes sense. Then, which metal could it be? All of them have free electrons.

Reaction score
There is no naturally existing metal that is a non-conductor.
But their free electrons can be extracted using the latest methods. (which is out of the syllabus)
The New Artificially created metals can be made Non-Conductors.
But No naturally occurring metal is an insulator. That's a Fact!

So, yeah..the question was wrong!

Reaction score
Every Metal has the property to conduct Electricity.
Copper is like one of best conductors in the world.
Metals possess free moving electrons due to Metallic Bonding.
These Free Moving Electrons allow Metals to conduct electricity.
Since all metals (even mercury) have free electrons, they all conduct electricity.
Hence that question was wrong.
it wasn't it was our best teachers challenge to us n she had taught thx to us b4 and we had forgotten , the ans is platinium I ll post the whole explaination soon

Reaction score
Can't be. Platinum is used in electrolysis using inert electrodes. It definitely conducts electricity.
I l post explaination as sson as I get it in written form btw my teacher is an expert in chemistery and also had remained chemist in some department for 10 years

Reaction score
Haha. It has to be against the facts!

Ofcourse its against the facts!
I'm not going to agree with this new teacher whatever, unless she's the new Einstein and has made some kind of new discovery about platinum not being able to conduct electricity! -__-

Reaction score
Ofcourse its against the facts!
I'm not going to agree with this new teacher whatever, unless she's the new Einstein and has made some kind of new discovery about platinum not being able to conduct electricity! -__-

Let's see what it is first before coming to any conclusions :)