• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Why does a plant grown from a seed not identical to it's parent? :unsure:
thx is cze seeds are produced due to sexual reproduction in plants , variation occurs during meosis while production of gametes and the reulting zygot dat the seed is the resultant of fusion of male and female gamete n have genes from both male n female so its nt identical to any one parent
hope i m clear :p

Reaction score
Why are there different tests: Starch and Reducing Sugar? I mean, sugar is a simpler form of starch itself,right? And what is this "Reducing" Starch mean?

Reaction score
Biology problem .....
I am not able to understand the process of accommodation. Please help me understand it.

Reaction score
can any 1 tell me about

vectors and scalars??????
Scalars only display the magnitude that is a numerical value , for eg 98m or 100m/s
BUT
Vector quantities display both the magnitude and the direction , for eg 10m/s in North Direction.

Reaction score
Biology problem .....
I am not able to understand the process of accommodation. Please help me understand it.
Accomodation in terms of the eye is how your eye accomodates itself when there is an external change.
For eg, while in a sunlit garden, lots of light will enter your eye and can spoil it's funtioning. So the pupil of the eye becomes small so that less light enters. Radial muscles relax. Circular muscles contract. R=R. C=C. All in bright light.
The complete opposite happens in dim light.

Reaction score
Guys in ATP PHYSICS 0625 without mentioning in the question how can we knw which length to measure in mm or cm? please help